English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 16 February 2011, 19:43   #421
NathanTolbert
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

I submitted an e-mail to the info@natami.net in regards to my inability to sign up. I only did this last night so I'm not too worried about it. I will give it a couple days, but if I don't get a response by this Sunday, then I will take you up on your offer of finding out what I did wrong or if my request just got lost. It's not a big worry. All the conversations over there are so technical that I feel rather lost on many occasions. My questions are much more simplistic and base. Thank you by the way for explaining how it will be possible to reach a speed of 100MHz on the FPGA for the N68050. It's very interesting.
Old 17 February 2011, 01:00   #422
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanTolbert View Post
I can indeed search and read the forums but I cannot do more than that. Are you in the Kansas City area Matthey? I'm just curious as there aren't many Amiga users left around here.
I'm close. I'm in Baldwin City which is a few minutes south of Lawrence but I grew up in Independence, MO. There's still a few Amiga users around K.C. Good luck getting on the Natami board.

@Samurai Crow
Pipelining and code fusion make the N68050 faster (more powerful technically) WITHOUT increasing the clock speed don't they? The same could be said for larger caches, old instructions that take less cycles (compared with 68060), new instructions and addressing modes that require less instructions, and superscaler execution in the case of the N68070. They all make the processor more powerful at the same clock speed. If everything works as planned, the N68050 should be able to outperform the superscaler 68060 at the same clock speed. The N68070 could easily be twice as fast or more at the same clock speed.
Old 17 February 2011, 06:01   #423
NathanTolbert
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

I grew up in Topeka and Lawrence. I know exactly where Baldwin City is. I think everything will be fixed so I can join the Natami board, it just may take a little while. It's very cool to see someone close to me that uses Amiga computers. Did you buy your Amiga's in Topeka? When I was a kid there was a computer store downtown in Topeka where my dad and I went when we bought Amiga stuff because it was the only store we knew that sold anything for them in Topeka. All the mall stores sold PC and Atari only if I recall.
Old 17 February 2011, 15:07   #424
matthey
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanTolbert View Post
I grew up in Topeka and Lawrence. I know exactly where Baldwin City is. I think everything will be fixed so I can join the Natami board, it just may take a little while. It's very cool to see someone close to me that uses Amiga computers. Did you buy your Amiga's in Topeka? When I was a kid there was a computer store downtown in Topeka where my dad and I went when we bought Amiga stuff because it was the only store we knew that sold anything for them in Topeka. All the mall stores sold PC and Atari only if I recall.
Thoroughbred pops into my head as the name of an old Amiga shop. I don't remember if that was the one in Topeka or Overland Park. The only Amiga I bought new was a 3000 in Overland Park.
Old 30 April 2011, 17:03   #425
amigarobbo

http://www.natami.net/knowledge.php?b=1¬e=37264

http://www.natami.net/knowledge.php?b=1¬e=37341

http://www.natami.net/knowledge.php?...37433&z=FS8Gad
Old 01 May 2011, 11:15   #426
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

I wanna know WHEN and HOW MUCH... otherwise Replay will gobble all my retro spend money!! How much do I need to put aside for Natami MX board etc?
Old 02 May 2011, 00:55   #427
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

@Methanoid

Production has been set back by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The team is looking at their options for now but it looks like it will out maybe at the end of this year unless we can figure out some other plan.
Old 02 May 2011, 13:30   #428
8bitbubsy

"Planned for Summer 2008"
Old 03 May 2011, 00:04   #429
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bitbubsy View Post
"Planned for Summer 2008"
I resisted that.. but seriously.. how much too?
Old 03 May 2011, 02:43   #430
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
@Methanoid

Production has been set back by the earthquake and tsunami in Japan. The team is looking at their options for now but it looks like it will out maybe at the end of this year unless we can figure out some other plan.
I hope it will be available by October so orders can be made at the AmiWest Show, but more important than that, I hope that one of the Natami team members will attend the AmiWest Show with a working Natami system to demo it to everyone. Has there been any discussion between Natami team members about attending the AmiWest Show this year? If not, please bring up the topic and try to convince someone to go. I would love to meet you there this year.
Old 14 June 2011, 09:57   #431
gilgamesh
Linux snob

Natami Calendar

There are daily updates with photos in the Natami forums now.

Natami Day #1
Natami Day #2
Natami Day #3
Natami Day #4
Natami Day #5
Natami Day #6
Natami Day #7
Natami Day #8
Natami Day #9
Natami Day #10
Natami Day #11
Natami Day #12
Natami Day #21
Natami a New Day
Old 14 June 2011, 10:52   #432
frikilokooo

My dad says that Natami sucks
Old 29 June 2011, 20:03   #433
rubenscarrilho

Please Tell me that this is not a Dream !
It´s really true ?
Where can I buy it?
I´ll buy thousands....

Old 29 June 2011, 20:43   #434
gilgamesh
Linux snob

It is beta at the moment and a release date is still to be announced. Looks like you'll have to wait some more. I wouldn't hold my breath.

http://www.natami.net/
Old 29 June 2011, 22:07   #435
moijk
License to Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh View Post
It is beta at the moment and a release date is still to be announced. Looks like you'll have to wait some more. I wouldn't hold my breath.
We are amiga users, waiting for new hardware is our virtue.
Old 30 June 2011, 12:34   #436
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubenscarrilho View Post
Please Tell me that this is not a Dream !
It´s really true ?
Where can I buy it?
I´ll buy thousands....
It is true. The first (more expensive) batch of boards with real 68060 CPUs will most likely be ready by the end of this year. We will have to wait a bit more for the cheaper version with the N68050 softcores though.

Check out the NatAmi website and forums for daily news.

Cheers !
Old 30 June 2011, 12:54   #437
gibs
Banned

Will it be possible to order those one (the expensive) without the 68060 (in case we already own one) ?
Old 30 June 2011, 18:51   #438
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

I can't speak for the NatAmi team, but I don't think it would be possible (my personal opinion).
They use the MC68060FE processor (SMD dark ceramic EC version), and it is highly unlikely that you have the same version. You probably have the PGA ceramic version.

Anyway feel free to browse the NatAmi forum. A lot of interesting techy stuff there
Old 30 June 2011, 20:19   #439
moijk
License to Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amir View Post
I can't speak for the NatAmi team, but I don't think it would be possible (my personal opinion).
They use the MC68060FE processor (SMD dark ceramic EC version), and it is highly unlikely that you have the same version. You probably have the PGA ceramic version.

Anyway feel free to browse the NatAmi forum. A lot of interesting techy stuff there
They have two different processor boards. apparently you can choose when ordering. (slowest have mmu)
Old 01 July 2011, 10:07   #440
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

I think those are prototypes only. Or a selected few for devs. I know there has been a lot of talk about MMU version and stuff, but I don't think they will go to production with two different boards. That would be illogical (captain )
After all, the "old" 060 can USUALLY go, what, 60, 70...5 MHz ? The "new" ones are on 110-120 MHz right now. May turn out even faster...

Don't get me wrong, I am generally for as many choices as one can have. I would support more variants, even cheap-o boards with 50ish MHz 68030 But from a small production run point of view, I think they will go for the most standardized solution.

Buuuuuut as yet another twist, the boards will come fully documented. And having the synczorro slot, nothing is preventing the third party boards, hacks or workaround solutions for any type of CPU. Maybe even 68000 degrader boards