English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 November 2019, 20:51   #1
Foebane
Banned

Drag'n'drop: Best ever upgrade to WinUAE!

In the last week or two, I have converted my entire demo collection to be dragged and dropped into the WinUAE window instead of listing some of the files in Workbench windows, which used up limited resources. This also results in a single list I can access from Windows Explorer and use the Windows resources.

By converting, I mean zipping all of the individual executables into their own zips, or rather 7-Zip files, to differentiate them from downloaded zips, lhas and lzxs. I had to do this as dragging non-bootable larger exes into Workbench didn't work as intended, but once they were zipped, they work perfectly. Bootable exes and adfs were fine, but I zipped those up as well to save space, as they're uncompressed for the most part.

The point is, I should've done this months ago and the use of removable drives and drag'n'drop is indispensable to this emulator. Having the files on the Windows side means I can keep all of them in an A-Z listing, with the configurations mentioned in each file, and then they can be filtered out with Explorer.

All my higher-end configurations contain the same two HDF files, ClassicWB and a "Scripts" HDF containing scripts to run demos from downloaded archives. This is just a personal preference of mine.

In any case, WinUAE is the best version of any Amiga emulator around, and thank you Toni Wilen for keeping it updated!