English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 May 2006, 17:48   #1
c-thru

Captive 2: Liberation in WinUAE

I'm trying to run Liberation off a virtual hdd in WinUAE (1.2). I've installed it successfully onto the hdd and also copied across the 75 wall maps. However, I can't seem to get past the intro, it simply goes black.

Current settings:

A1200, WB3.1 / KS v3.1 rev. 40.68 (512k)
CPU: 68020+FPU (+JIT and 5mb cache)
Display: couldn't see anything that might be a problem.
Sound: ditto

According to WB, there's enough space still on the hdd.

I'm relatively new to WinUAE, so there's probably something I've overlooked.

(On a related note, are there any major differences between CD32 and vanilla Amiga versions, besides speech? I recall one Mindscape employee told me that banking only worked in the CD32 version.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by c-thru; 07 May 2006 at 18:20.

Old 11 May 2006, 21:19   #2
c-thru

I had another go at this, with a fresh install and a larger hdd. It didn't work so I tried extracting files that might be missing from the *.adf files to the location of the Liberation installation. That didn't work either.

The install size is 3.28mb, with 85 files and 9 folders (on the PC hdd itself).

Please could anyone tell me if they have actually tried this, and whether it's best to try emulating the A1200, or if a A500+ (or if I'm doing the wrong thing entirely).

Thanks.

Old 12 May 2006, 11:29   #3
Marcuz

if i remember right, i couldn't play it a single time in 9 years with the various UAE, so i cannot help you. but i would like to know me too if it's possible.
Old 17 May 2006, 19:37   #4
c-thru

The CD32 version works fine with WinUAE. It took a while to get hold of, but now it's sorted.

Old 15 September 2006, 05:40   #5
telanduril

Help!

Hey, I too am after this game. I am also getting the same cut off error after the intro as you were. It is where the second disk is accessed. I was just wondering how you managed to solve this problem, and where you got the CD32 version of Liberation from? I can't even seem to make a HD work atm though, I am a complete UAE noob I used to have an ADF copy which worked, but this was about a year ago, and I think on a different emulator, and that was on a different machine.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Old 15 September 2006, 09:35   #6
Marcuz

[edit]sorry i was wrong about whdload, it prolly was Lemonade, but i don't know what disks used... sorry

Last edited by Marcuz; 15 September 2006 at 10:23.
Old 18 September 2006, 00:03   #7
telanduril

Erm, I need some plugin to use those IPF files, yet the link I am directed to does not look like an amiga site. Could you point me to where I can find this SPS plugin? Also, when setting up a HDF, I'll need Workbench installed on it to install Liberation won't I? When trying to setup a HDF it asks to specify a filesystem, yet I can not find one in the WINUAE folder to select? I'm pretty useless at this right now!

Old 18 September 2006, 12:02   #8
Paul
RIP Friends

Goto: http://www.softpres.org/download

Next to (right of) Download User Library: click Windows link

See attached image

Open the ipflib_w32-1.zip file and copy CAPSImg.dll into C:\Program Files\Winuae

But you will need to solve you display prob first http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=269931
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipf.gif
Views:	379
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	12074  
Old 18 September 2006, 13:09   #9
Marcuz

isn't the caps dll in the Winuae distributions? i didn't checked recently but i tought so.
Old 18 September 2006, 14:28   #10
DamienD
Banned

Not as far as I'm aware. It's something extra I've always had to add in...
Old 18 September 2006, 15:06   #11
Marcuz

you are right, i've checked my old winuae releases. simply i had the dll there since the start and never moved it after, so i was wrong
Old 19 September 2006, 21:26   #12
c-thru

I doubt I'd be allowed to state where I got the CD32 versions, sorry. It's worth pointing out that I do own the game legally anyway, though mine is no longer in a playable condition.

Suffice to say, there are three versions of the CD32 game and the latest of those is 2.02c. The previous editions have more bugs, and are easier to complete in virtue of such flaws. The later edition has most of the exploits ironed out, and you're most likely to find it.

Installing Liberation to a hard drive / *.hdf is another possibility, one I've had less success with than running the game just with the *.adf files. I tried a number of different roms and settings and I couldn't get anywhere with it. The only obvious downside to using the adf files or floppy disks is switching between them and the loading times.

Another problem with the adf and hdf versions is the problem with the password. If you don't have the manual, or possibly because of a flaw in the game anyway, it's possible to end up unable to enter any of the buildings if you fail to enter the code a certain number of times. This isn't in the CD32 version, which is another reason to try it.

Best of luck.

Old 22 August 2007, 09:11   #13
hoborg

Send a message via ICQ to hoborg
Quote:
Originally Posted by c-thru View Post
Suffice to say, there are three versions of the CD32 game and the latest of those is 2.02c. The previous editions have more bugs, and are easier to complete in virtue of such flaws. The later edition has most of the exploits ironed out, and you're most likely to find it.
Well, any chance to get latest version anywhere? I have version 2.00

Thanx!