English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 09 January 2003, 02:46   #1
spoUP

PicCon 2.50 - ever cracked?

I am looking for a cracked PicCon 2.50.
Did it ever get cracked?

I have tried to email the author...
lets hope he will release it for free...

Amigaboy Says:
Don't request anything cracked! This is considered illegal.
Even if the author doesn't keep in contact with you, it's still not right to pirate the guy's software.
This is a warning from your friendly moderator

Old 15 May 2005, 00:13   #2
dilinger
Zone Friend

AmigaBoy: The author of PicCon *himself* was recently asking for a crack for HIS OWN software. He has long since deleted all sources to the original program, so can nolonger distribute "legal" registered copies to the many people who'd still like to use PicCon.

This is the case with MOST old Amiga programs which once required registration. It is VERY difficult if not IMPOSSIBLE to obtain these great old Amiga apps legally from the author. For example, I would LOVE to be able to contact the creaters of PFS3 right now as I really would like to purchase it! But it has been impossible to get in contact with anyone from GREED Software. So my only option is to find it "somewhere else".

Really, AmigaBoy, it is all very well for you and other Amiga Forum moderators like you to "flex your moderator muscles" and intimidate people who request illegal copies of Amiga software, but I'm affraid this is the only way we have of finding these programs now.

Amiga is no longer a commercial platform like the PC and most ex.Amiga software developers accept the fact that retro-users like us have no choice but to copy, crack and spread the sofware they once sold. These companies no longer offer any method to BUY their software, they offer no support, and have ZERO interest in the Amiga. so it's only natural that we will distribute their old software amoungst ourselves. We really do not need petty MODERATORS destroying our only means to source this software!!

Piracy on any commercial platform is *BAD*, but for retro systems like the Amiga, Atari, C64, etc it is *GOOD*. It helps keep the community alive now that virtually all commercial interest has long since vannished.

If it's still available to buy, buy it...if not crack it!
Old 15 May 2005, 00:34   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Do you realise the first post is over 2 years old now? And 'Amigaboy' doesn't even visit here anymore.
Old 15 May 2005, 02:34   #4
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath
Do you realise the first post is over 2 years old now? And 'Amigaboy' doesn't even visit here anymore.
Good point
Old 15 May 2005, 21:59   #5
dilinger
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig
Good point
I agree My bad, it was just a knee-jerk (jerk being the key word here) reaction to a "PicCon crack" search. Forgot to check the details of the post itself (date, etc)

But anyway, the point I made still applies to many other Amiga retro forums. Some moderators just wont let go of their high and mighty attitude towards "Amiga piracy". They seem far more concerned about it than the actual authors themeselves!! To me it's just an excuse to display their power and ban ppl, usual old story with most moderators.

Amiga - SPREAD THE WAREZ!!
Old 15 May 2005, 22:08   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

"most" moderators don't flex their muscles!!

Yes we all have our moments where we might close a thread prematurely, or warn someone incorrectly but lets face it.. we're all human!

I agree that there are some mods who power trip and warn for no reason and eventually the forum(s) will suffer because of it (users will leave etc..)!!

What goes around comes around springs to mind!!
Old 15 May 2005, 22:40   #7
RetroMan

Lets take it to the real point :
Some people STILL make money with old amiga products !

If you like it or not, asking for AMIGA WAREZ will not be tolerated .... the forum, even RCK will being sued for it .... I donĀ“t think in this case it will be that way, but there are other cases .....

That does NOT have ANYTHING to do with moderators flexing their muscles !!!!!
Old 16 May 2005, 17:49   #8
Frog

you can always try ArtPro 1.20, it support many format aswell as datatypes, available on aminet. i don't know if this version is freeware, a freeware version was available on Amiga Arena during some time.