English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 22 November 2001, 17:42   #1
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

How foten do you play a game on the Amiga ?

Ok, guys, lately I realized that I spend more and more time reading messages on messageboard, playing around with Commodore hardware and writing emails about something.

Although all this is related to Amiga & C64 ( especially games ), I have less and less time for actually playing the games than I had before !
I would say now I actually spend not more than 3 hours per week playing computergames ( that is most of it Amiga games and some C64 games ). But I played a lot more some years ago !

Now, when I look here how many messaged get posted every day which have to do about Amiga games, I assume you guys also spend more time talking about games than playing them ?

So, I think I will spend more time playing from now on and less time on various C64 & Amiga messageboards.

What about you ? How ooften and how long do you actually play all the nice Amiga games ?
Old 22 November 2001, 18:39   #2
Drake1009

Well posting here and on another forum does take up an insane amount of my free time. And when I do play it's usually only briefly Amiga games.

I read about the database with double barrel screenshots which sounds interesting. I'm just trying to keep up with all the games I download (Yes I have the disease). And before writing them to CD I want to have 3 screenshots for each of them plus my own comment on how to make the game work. I know that there's information readily available for this, but seeing as it's mostly concerned with WinUAE I'm trying for myself becuase I mainly use Winfellow.

So most of my gaming time is spent with Clipmate running in the background snapping pictures of games then exiting and saving the pictures and creating HTMLs for the game before moving on to the next one. Thus I spend a lot of time playing I still don't really get to play through a game because I need to move on.

Sad really. I ought to take a break and find one of the games I really liked and just dedicate a day's gaming on that.
Old 22 November 2001, 19:04   #3
birdy-scc
Banned

Quote:
So, I think I will spend more time playing from now on and less time on various C64 & Amiga messageboards.
You do that. We'll still be here when you get bored of playing.
Old 22 November 2001, 19:04   #4
oldpx

how foten? I don't think it's in German, is it? LOL:laugh

Most of my time is spent while trying to run ALL of my games at least ONCE and it's probably not possible because I have more adfs that I can ever play in a lifetime so I only "really" play my old favourites like eye of the beholder and now, dungeon keeper 2 since WinUAE is recently fixed to run it properly.

Old 23 November 2001, 17:19   #5
Amiga1992

I dont have as much tiem for gaming as I used to. And with the more systems you have, the shittiest it gets

However I try to dedicate some time to gaming during the weekend.
Old 14 December 2004, 03:28   #6
Marcuz

judging by all the "best game of the whole ever multiverse" threads, i think Overdoc' point is still a good one