English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 26 August 2007, 02:58   #1
Emulationnoob

Joystick with WinUAE

Ok, don't know if this is in the right place to ask or how much you need to know to help but here goes....

I recently got hold of a USB speedlink competition pro to play some old games in emulation with. It seems to work fine with most things but is struggling a bit with James Pond:Aquatic Games. There just doesn't seem to be enough response to keep up with the fast stick wiggling of the game and it is impossible to finish a race on time (I'm pretty sure it's not just that I'm rubbish, it's wiggling pretty darn fast!).

I have the latest version of WinUAE, does anyone know of any settings which could improve this?

Thanks for your help

Old 26 August 2007, 03:56   #2
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulationnoob View Post
Ok, don't know if this is in the right place to ask or how much you need to know to help but here goes....

I recently got hold of a USB speedlink competition pro to play some old games in emulation with. It seems to work fine with most things but is struggling a bit with James Pond:Aquatic Games. There just doesn't seem to be enough response to keep up with the fast stick wiggling of the game and it is impossible to finish a race on time (I'm pretty sure it's not just that I'm rubbish, it's wiggling pretty darn fast!).

I have the latest version of WinUAE, does anyone know of any settings which could improve this?

Thanks for your help
The competition pro never was a good joystick....never was responsive....it's old and never was good
Get a descent gamepad like a Logitech pad or a Microsoft'pad
Old 26 August 2007, 04:27   #3
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
The competition pro never was a good joystick....never was responsive....it's old and never was good
Get a descent gamepad like a Logitech pad or a Microsoft'pad
What you are talking about, of course the Competition Pro is a good and very precise stick. Sure, the first USB PC remake from 2004/2005 sucks, because they used cheap micro-switches. But the second PC revision and the new Amiga Classic remakes are awesome. The bad responsive is maybe related to the USB port.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 26 August 2007 at 05:17.