English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 25 November 2015, 11:53   #61
vulture

@hipoonios

Another (quite good) game that strangely enough has had no long play til now is Hydra. And there's Rage v2 , an unreleased game. You've done the long play of the (also unreleased) v1 in the past, seems pretty good too: http://hol.abime.net/4341
Check them out if you wish, thx!

Last edited by vulture; 25 November 2015 at 12:16.
AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 November 2015, 19:45   #62
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I remember this. The reason why I did not make a longplay of Rage 2 while the first game was because I could not find it.

I requested it in this thread. But only the first game was uploaded to The Zone back then.

Anyways, just did a new search and now it was easy to find

I'm really looking forward to play this, so will give this top priority. That means this will be my next longplay. Thanks for the request/suggesting it

edit: Oh, Hydra, I remember i tried that at the same time i recorded a lot of other boat games. I wonder why i did not recorded it. Hmm.. will check it out.

Last edited by hipoonios; 25 November 2015 at 20:06.
Old 25 November 2015, 21:02   #63
vulture

Old 28 November 2015, 19:39   #64
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Both [ Show youtube player ] and [ Show youtube player ] are now recorded.

I think Rage 2.0 was not so good as 1.0. But still a very good game. Hydra was terrible.
Old 28 November 2015, 20:44   #65
vulture

That's pretty awesome man! Many thx!
Old 01 December 2015, 05:06   #66
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Games played in November:
  1. [ Show youtube player ]
  2. [ Show youtube player ]
  3. [ Show youtube player ]
  4. [ Show youtube player ]
  5. [ Show youtube player ]
  6. [ Show youtube player ]
  7. [ Show youtube player ]
  8. [ Show youtube player ]
  9. [ Show youtube player ]
  10. [ Show youtube player ]
  11. [ Show youtube player ]
  12. [ Show youtube player ]
  13. [ Show youtube player ]
  14. [ Show youtube player ]
  15. [ Show youtube player ]
  16. [ Show youtube player ]
  17. [ Show youtube player ]
  18. [ Show youtube player ]
  19. [ Show youtube player ]
  20. [ Show youtube player ]
  21. [ Show youtube player ]
  22. [ Show youtube player ]
  23. [ Show youtube player ]
  24. [ Show youtube player ]
  25. [ Show youtube player ]
  26. [ Show youtube player ]
  27. [ Show youtube player ]
  28. [ Show youtube player ]
A lot of Pac-Man games this month. Well, 8 of them are Pac-Man games. I hope you enjoy them. And as always, feel free to request/suggest games
Old 01 December 2015, 09:27   #67
HOL2001
Amigamaniac

Nice Vids! Many thanks for that!
Old 14 December 2015, 12:28   #68
vulture

@hipponios

Did a quick search and I haven't found a long play for Dunk the Samurai Duck, a fairly well known game with good gfx and gameplay. How about that?

Cheers!
Old 14 December 2015, 16:35   #69
Devlin
Sorcerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
@hipponios

Did a quick search and I haven't found a long play for Dunk the Samurai Duck, a fairly well known game with good gfx and gameplay. How about that?

Cheers!
It's a really long game.. Took me a week to figure out which direction to go. Safe way to get through quickly is to ignore all the alternate exits(exits marked ?) When I finally did beat the game I don't actually think I beat all the levels.

I'd second seeing a longplay of it though. More amiga content is a good thing!
Old 14 December 2015, 17:46   #70
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Thanks for suggesting games guys!

Yeah, Donk is a very frustrating game. I actually started making a longplay of it long ago. But canceled it when i saw that the game had 120 levels! That's at least what it says on the back of the box.

I see HOL has gamemaps of the game. But only of the first ten levels. So for now i think i pass this game. But who knows, maybe i change my mind and doing it in the future. I have played a lot of long and frustrating games before. Like P.P. Hammer. That took maaaany hours.

Last edited by hipoonios; 14 December 2015 at 17:55.
Old 14 December 2015, 18:04   #71
Akira

Wow so many crappy Pacman clones. Thanks for submitting yourself to those painful games just so we can see them , I appreciate it
Old 14 December 2015, 19:45   #72
vulture

@hipoonios

Wow, I really had no idea Donk was so large! I'd skip it too if I were you!
Old 14 December 2015, 22:57   #73
Gzegzolka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post

Yeah, Donk is a very frustrating game. I actually started making a longplay of it long ago. But canceled it when i saw that the game had 120 levels! That's at least what it says on the back of the box.

I see HOL has gamemaps of the game. But only of the first ten levels. So for now i think i pass this game. But who knows, maybe i change my mind and doing it in the future. I have played a lot of long and frustrating games before. Like P.P. Hammer. That took maaaany hours.
I have finish that game year ago. Yes there are 120 levels, but to finish game You only need to finish levels on the road to boss level. On each zone You need to find boss stage (first aquatic zone do not require key), jump on him few time to get his key, check key name (it got name of next zone You should go) and go there to kill next boss. Game got lot of hard moments, like giant levels where You have to collect all gems (about 100), very fast enemies that got tendency to freeze when they are off screen. It also hard to find some power ups, like I first go left all the time and got lot of power-ups - but no extra live. I back to start of the game and start doing levels on right path just to discover that there are extra live power-ups. If You have questions You can always ask me

Also here's little bonus, my map:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	donk.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	187.0 KB
ID:	46607  

Last edited by Gzegzolka; 14 December 2015 at 23:14. Reason: adding somethnig
Old 16 December 2015, 07:04   #74
clenched

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post

If you really want to longplay this game then the maps can be put at the head of the list.

Take heart. The box says 7 worlds with only 112 levels. That tallies with this OCS overview map. 105 white circles and 7 B&W square icons. (maybe the bosses live here?)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	donkoverview.png
Views:	160
Size:	141.9 KB
ID:	46626  
Old 16 December 2015, 09:44   #75
vulture

@Gzegzolka

Does the game get more interesting on later levels? Are there any gameplay mechanics added as you progress? I mean, it's nice and all, but it gets repetitive after a while.
Old 16 December 2015, 11:06   #76
Gzegzolka

I would say that 60% of levels I have on my road was repetitive. Sometimes You just have to grab one gem and run with limited time to exit. Sometimes You will have giant size level where You can go in every direction, You need to find map terminal and plan Your way. Most mechanics You will know well after first two-three zones. You sometimes collect eggs that give You different powers (high jump, float fly, bomb, shield), float and jump are required in few places to collect gems or find secret levels. Bomb is useful too, sometimes there is too much enemies on screen to waste time on jump on every single one. Sometimes You can brake floor, there are switches that remove barriers or build platforms. In Alien biomass zone and dead biomass zone You will find enemy that will troll You, while most enemies just follow one patch.
Also music is better on other zones.
You will always fight one boss that look like terminator-duck.
I didn't play floppy version, on cd32 You can save after every level You finish on map screen.
When I finish this game I was sad because I remember screen shoots from old magazines showing other big boss like sprites. I was also bit happy because game got outro that will show You why You collect those gems, it's slide-show, but it's always better than just one screen with "congratulations".
Old 16 December 2015, 11:28   #77
vulture

thx for the info!
Old 16 December 2015, 11:30   #78
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe other bosses are in AGA release?
Old 16 December 2015, 13:19   #79
Gzegzolka

I have finished cd32 version.
Old 01 January 2016, 15:57   #80
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I have not seen the replies in my thread. So sorry for replying late.

So you don't have to play all levels in Donk? Well, I really want to play all levels in my longplays. But I guess i could make an exception with this game

Another great game that plan to play soon is James Pond III. That's another one with more than 100 levels. But you don't have to play all of them

Oh, and many thanks for the maps!
AdSense AdSense