English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 March 2013, 18:02   #1
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Might and Magic X - Legacy

Quote:
Finally we have more information regarding Might and Magic X - Legacy, and going by the video above they are going back to what made Might and Magic great. Epic dungeon crawling in a first person view point but no this isn't Heroes, with it's top down view. We have mentioned before the earlier teaser and what might be shown at Pax, so it's great to see hints of what might come our way. Although as it's published by Ubisoft, I do have my concerns of hardline DRM and online connections, so let's hope the developers Limbic Entertainment really push out a great title.
http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/0...-x-legacy.html

Anyone think that Ubisoft will screw this one up?

Last edited by Neil79; 21 March 2013 at 18:07.
Old 21 March 2013, 21:09   #2
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

So far, its looking -really- good. When I saw the teaser I was literally drooling and jumping up and down in my chair. Its a classic RPG! With turn based combat. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.
Old 23 March 2013, 11:41   #3
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
So far, its looking -really- good. When I saw the teaser I was literally drooling and jumping up and down in my chair. Its a classic RPG! With turn based combat. Pinch me, I'm dreaming.
Not turn based combat, real time combat, but square by square based movements, like DM, or Captive
Old 23 March 2013, 23:40   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

... or Legend of Grimrock, the success of which probably greenlighted this game to be built
Old 24 March 2013, 11:18   #5
Lord Riton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
... or Legend of Grimrock, the success of which probably greenlighted this game to be built
Yes, much likely, i bought it too
Old 01 April 2013, 11:19   #6
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Riton View Post
Not turn based combat, real time combat, but square by square based movements, like DM, or Captive
Note that apparently it is in fact turn based - as in the world only moves when you do. How classic can you make it!
Old 01 April 2013, 19:57   #7
Lobotomika

Thanks for posting this; I had no idea this existed. Of course they won't be able to do something as good as M&M VI: The Mandate of Heaven but I'm very happy that greedy publishers finally realized that tile based; and in general, oldschool games are commercially viable thanks to Legend of Grimrock. No I'm not happy to see M&M go tile based (this comes from an Eye of the Beholder fan) but I didn't really expect to see a new M&M game at all. This is a must buy.

M&M 6 to 8 (even 9? can't remember, that game was WAY terrible) had this option that you could switch between turn based and real time combat if you pressed the Enter key. I wonder if this made ubisoft any interesting ideas.
Old 01 April 2013, 20:52   #8
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobotomika View Post
Thanks for posting this; I had no idea this existed. Of course they won't be able to do something as good as M&M VI: The Mandate of Heaven but I'm very happy that greedy publishers finally realized that tile based; and in general, oldschool games are commercially viable thanks to Legend of Grimrock. No I'm not happy to see M&M go tile based (this comes from an Eye of the Beholder fan) but I didn't really expect to see a new M&M game at all. This is a must buy.

M&M 6 to 8 (even 9? can't remember, that game was WAY terrible) had this option that you could switch between turn based and real time combat if you pressed the Enter key. I wonder if this made ubisoft any interesting ideas.
http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/0...-gameplay.html

Gameplay video, if you're interested