English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 31 May 2010, 03:20   #101
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

I am sure you remember better that I do, I remember the words "Non Exclusive" come up in the post (Now removed), and that Pelt didnt want it freely distributed on the AF website download page (If we are to believe AndreasM), despite emails to Gulliver stating intent of distribution via Aminet.

But the text has now been removed.

Once again the CURSE of AndreasM has struck.

One way to turn a PROFIT organization, in to NON PROFIT, dont buy their products, they go out of business QUICK !.
Old 31 May 2010, 03:43   #102
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@all

C'mon guys, dont do this, you are just going to eat yourselfs up with suposition and suspicion. I understand that some are angry but this is what it is, the Irony is no-one know's what it is at the moment.

Please just wait and see what happens, there is no point in blaming anyone untill you know for sure what is going on - especially gulliver whom has worked hard and done his best to facilitate PFS3 to have a become a public binary release.

I also know that there is a lot of animosity towards AndreasM, although some might be warrented or even justified, I fear this thread has moved to a whole new level of persecution, that may not even be warrented.

So give this some time and see how it develops.

Remember at the end of the day this (PFS3) belongs to Micheal he has expressed an interest in putting it into the public domain (pending on a license that agree's with his works protection).

so just give it time... should that it turn out for the worst you already have lit torches and sharpen pitchforks.... however should that it turn out for the better, you will have some humble appologies to make.
Old 31 May 2010, 04:14   #103
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Please just wait and see what happens,
I strongly disagree with this, action has to be taken. Waiting and seeing is reactionary and not the trait of people that get things done, like gulliver, who has managed a lot in this. Andreas has sniped Gulliver's lengthy and valuable negotiations for everyone's disadvantage. Gulliver has to grab the bull by the horns and take back what he has worked hard for (and he did it for all of us, we should be more supportive. He made a mistake but out of being a nice guy).

Andreas' actions are just despicable.
Old 31 May 2010, 04:20   #104
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@all

C'mon guys, dont do this, you are just going to eat yourselfs up with suposition and suspicion. I understand that some are angry but this is what it is, the Irony is no-one know's what it is at the moment.

Please just wait and see what happens, there is no point in blaming anyone untill you know for sure what is going on - especially gulliver whom has worked hard and done his best to facilitate PFS3 to have a become a public binary release.

I also know that there is a lot of animosity towards AndreasM, although some might be warrented or even justified, I fear this thread has moved to a whole new level of persecution, that may not even be warrented.

So give this some time and see how it develops.

Remember at the end of the day this (PFS3) belongs to Micheal he has expressed an interest in putting it into the public domain (pending on a license that agree's with his works protection).

so just give it time... should that it turn out for the worst you already have lit torches and sharpen pitchforks.... however should that it turn out for the better, you will have some humble appologies to make.
I believe this has grown out of proportion and Zetr0 is right: lets give some time to this and see how it evolves.

Anyway, I emailed Michiel on saturday asking him if he could clarify a bit on his intentions, so that anyone can clear his/her doubts. And as usual, I will post his answer whenever it arrives, right on this thread.
Old 31 May 2010, 04:57   #105
Hewitson

As pointless as taking sides is, I'm afraid I couldn't agree more with Akira on this.

Andreas has sniped Gulliver's lengthy and valuable negotiations for everyone's disadvantage (and his own advantage).

This is simply not how the Amiga community operates. I'd like to think there's no place for such members here.
Old 31 May 2010, 05:55   #106
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

I'm sure if Michiel still intends on open sourcing PFS3 it will happen regardless of AndreasM. Everyone is just a bit pissed because we have seen AndreasM put things on a cover disk and then claim he is the sole copyright holder and distributor with no proof of either and then go around causing trouble for people... Just a knee jerk reaction to a massive jerk.

So how is the effort going to preserve Michiel's HDD/ZIP drives? Any luck obtaining the source code which could actually make this open source?

Gulliver your efforts are appreciated, I probably would have told AndreasM where to stick it if I were in your shoes, but hey thats just me.

edit: Hewitson your avatar is starting to piss me off, its like having an evil twin with a moustache everywhere. Have to double take and say "hey.... did I say that?"

THB:

Hewitson:

Last edited by T_hairy_bootson; 31 May 2010 at 06:01.
Old 31 May 2010, 07:06   #107
Hewitson

I'm more than happy to change it if you'd like?

edit: Still going to that user group? Split up with my mrs so got plenty of spare time lately. Would love to come along to one and check it out.

Last edited by Hewitson; 31 May 2010 at 07:13.
Old 31 May 2010, 09:08   #108
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Just saying...
Old 31 May 2010, 09:31   #109
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post

I'm more than happy to change it if you'd like?

edit: Still going to that user group? Split up with my mrs so got plenty of spare time lately. Would love to come along to one and check it out.
MAUG, This Thursday evening, Mooney Ponds community Ctr, Kelloway Ave Mooney Ponds.
Old 31 May 2010, 13:02   #110
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
Andreas has sniped Gulliver's lengthy and valuable negotiations for everyone's disadvantage (and his own advantage).

This is simply not how the Amiga community operates.
Actually, i'd say it's exactly how the Amiga scene *does* operate a lot of the time, which is precisely what is wrong with it.
Old 31 May 2010, 20:33   #111
gulliver
BoingBagged

I just got a reply from Michiel, here it is:

Re: PFS3
Monday, May 31, 2010 11:09 AM
"Michiel Pelt" <xxx@gmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Ignacio" <xxx@yahoo.com>
> Thank you for letting me know. I just wanted to ask you two things:
> 1-Are you still going to release the PFS3 cdrom on Aminet, so that it becomes publicly availble?

Not exactly. First of all, the CD ROM also contains Kang Fu, which
will not be included. Secondly, the PFS3 on the CD is a commercial
release, with serial number registration etc. I will remove this and
make some other changes to reflect that it is a public domain release.
Since this takes some time, and you are all waiting so eagerly, I
decided to agree to publish PFS3 as is on the coverdisk of Amiga
Future. In other words: on the Amiga Future coverdisk you get a
licensed copy of the commercial PFS3 for free, on Aminet there will be
a public domain distribution of PFS3.

> 2-How is the work on the sources going?

It is just a matter that needs some of my time, which is rather
limited at the moment.

Best regards

Michiel Pelt
Old 31 May 2010, 20:36   #112
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Ah, so it's just a head start for AndreasM to make a few bucks then. Cool.
Old 01 June 2010, 01:01   #113
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliver View Post
I just got a reply from Michiel, here it is:

Re: PFS3
Monday, May 31, 2010 11:09 AM
"Michiel Pelt" <xxx@gmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Ignacio" <xxx@yahoo.com>
> Thank you for letting me know. I just wanted to ask you two things:
> 1-Are you still going to release the PFS3 cdrom on Aminet, so that it becomes publicly availble?

Not exactly. First of all, the CD ROM also contains Kang Fu, which
will not be included. Secondly, the PFS3 on the CD is a commercial
release, with serial number registration etc. I will remove this and
make some other changes to reflect that it is a public domain release.
Since this takes some time, and you are all waiting so eagerly, I
decided to agree to publish PFS3 as is on the coverdisk of Amiga
Future. In other words: on the Amiga Future coverdisk you get a
licensed copy of the commercial PFS3 for free, on Aminet there will be
a public domain distribution of PFS3.

> 2-How is the work on the sources going?

It is just a matter that needs some of my time, which is rather
limited at the moment.

Best regards

Michiel Pelt
Gulliver, given you have put quite an effort with Michiel, has Andreas recognized your efforts and offered anything ?, after all, he will be making money from the sale of the magazine/Coverdisk, and it was ALL possible from YOUR efforts, has AndreasM even offered you a copy of the edition of the magazine as a THANK YOU ?..., if NO, that is what he does best.., uses other people's efforts for HIS gain.

Are you reading this Andreas ?
Old 01 June 2010, 01:18   #114
NovaCoder

So basically there is nothing to worry about and Andreas hasn't actually done anything immoral after all.....

Gulliver, thanks for all of your efforts and don't let this little 'hiccup' put you off your noble quest for more PD software!
Old 01 June 2010, 01:27   #115
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Andreas hasn't actually done anything immoral after all.....
I strongly disagree with this, and he also has a track record of being a cunt.
He will be monetizing out of something that someone else did without giving the original guy who did the work anything.

I still do not understand the change of thought by the author.
Old 01 June 2010, 01:54   #116
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
Gulliver, given you have put quite an effort with Michiel, has Andreas recognized your efforts and offered anything ?, after all, he will be making money from the sale of the magazine/Coverdisk, and it was ALL possible from YOUR efforts, has AndreasM even offered you a copy of the edition of the magazine as a THANK YOU ?..., if NO, that is what he does best.., uses other people's efforts for HIS gain.

Are you reading this Andreas ?
Well, he said he would put some credit acknowledgement. But I told him I dont need it. I have already stated that I dont really give importance to credit, I dont want money, rewards, etc. All I want is that all Amiga users can freely and legaly use, enjoy and tinker with the best Amiga filesystem there is. That is my goal.
Old 01 June 2010, 02:59   #117
Npl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
I strongly disagree with this, and he also has a track record of being a cunt.
He will be monetizing out of something that someone else did without giving the original guy who did the work anything.

I still do not understand the change of thought by the author.
Really.. does he get filthy rich with one of the last Amiga-Magazines?
I dont expect it to be hugely popular but apparently he reaches enough people to atleast keep going, which to me is surprising already.

To me, it sounds quite similar to calling amigakit and vesalia bloodsucking parasites because the prices arent as low as in stores for the massmarket.

Can you stop the drama now or take it somewhere else, this thread has been crapped on enough already.
Old 01 June 2010, 09:19   #118
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Anyone got a spare pitchfork?
Old 01 June 2010, 09:20   #119
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

No, just some spare torches here.
Old 01 June 2010, 09:21   #120
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Damnit.