musashi9

Send a message via ICQ to musashi9
ooppps the river section wouldn't load, fixed with test #2 in the zone
Old 04 October 2012, 18:09   #22
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashi9 View Post
ooppps the river section wouldn't load, fixed with test #2 in the zone
waiting for the final one, i am patient.
I think it is honorable, that you credit "Sektor83" even in the beta.
Old 04 October 2012, 18:11   #23
Sektor 83

Quote:
Works for me using Colorado (1990)(Silmarils)(en-de)[a][3088]
Good work Sektor 83, how did you manage to find it?
Hey musashi9!

I ended up using the WinUAE debugger for this one... started a deep trainer, and every time I lost a bit of energy, jumped back into the debugger and gradually whittled down the decrementing addresses that way. There's two addresses that seem to reference the energy: one is the energy itself, and the other seems to be the 'display' for the energy (one being copied into the other to ensure that the display matches the actual energy level). I think there's also addresses which hold the energy levels of enemies, too. I then further narrowed down which one it was by writing 0 into the address to see if I'd 'die', and through that discovered that $30BCE-30BCF was the one

While I never use the WinUAE debugger during my cracking attempts (in a way I kinda find it 'cheating'), I don't have a problem using it for trainers if I can't get a result from the Action Replay. I find the debugger's trainer mode far outweighs that of the Action Replay, and I wanted to get a solution to lesta_smsc as quickly as I could!

Edit: Just tried the 2nd test, it loads in the river section this time around and the trainer seems to work but the music on the title screen seems to have vanished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
I think it is honorable, that you credit "Sektor83" even in the beta.

Indeed, this was a very pleasant surprise, and many many thanks to musashi9 for his attempts to implement this into a permanent version... I *urge* him to credit himself for this in the final version, because it feels wrong to have only my name there when he's done the rest of the work! I'm hoping one day to learn all about trainer menus and how to patch trainers in permanently... it's another thing that's on my list of 'things to learn'!

Last edited by Sektor 83; 04 October 2012 at 18:45.
Old 04 October 2012, 19:39   #24
lesta_smsc

Thank musashi9 and Sektor83!!! The Trainer works perfectly... this is the beauty of the forum, we now officially have a Trainer for a game which there was never one before!

I like the use of Flashtro!

For a moment, I thought it might glitch when you fall into the water as energy bar might stay full, but it reverts to 0 so you can 'die'!

BTW - do you think anything can be done regarding ammunition as I can't seem to use the gun in the beginning?!

Also, which version of the game is this as I note a comment about the version I have being the only 100% working version?
Old 04 October 2012, 19:55   #25
Sektor 83

I've no idea which version of the game musashi9 is working from... I think he's working from the original .ipf, in which case the in-game protection is going to have to be something to watch out for(!). I found the energy value in the SCX crack of the (en-de) version of the game which musashi9 referenced above.

I don't know if it would be worth re-cracking from the .ipf in order to train it, or if this version of the game *is* 100%, trying to find the energy value in this version (which is obviously different from what I can glean from the comments above) and applying the trainer to this version(?)
Old 05 October 2012, 02:55   #26
musashi9

Send a message via ICQ to musashi9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sektor 83 View Post
Hey musashi9!

Indeed, this was a very pleasant surprise, and many many thanks to musashi9 for his attempts to implement this into a permanent version... I *urge* him to credit himself for this in the final version, because it feels wrong to have only my name there when he's done the rest of the work! I'm hoping one day to learn all about trainer menus and how to patch trainers in permanently... it's another thing that's on my list of 'things to learn'!
I will give both of us credit then . The energy location was the first difficult part, then finding the code that changed the value was not so easy either.

I fixed the title song problem, and I think I may have found the ammunition location.
Any one know which is the true 100% version so I can use that for the trainer?
Old 05 October 2012, 22:55   #27
lesta_smsc

Quote:
I will give both of us credit then . The energy location was the first difficult part, then finding the code that changed the value was not so easy either.

I fixed the title song problem, and I think I may have found the ammunition location.
Yay! I think the one which I posted is probably the 100% version as it states it (assuming others at the time weren't...) Never completed the game, so have no idea!
Old 06 October 2012, 18:01   #28
Don_Adan

Quote:

Yes, this is true 100% version of Colorado, I finished this version many years ago. Exactly this is another Mok crack (he used Mac/KTS nick before). I don't know why trainer is necessary for this game, due this is easy enough game and has save support.
Old 07 October 2012, 12:50   #29
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
Yes, this is true 100% version of Colorado, I finished this version many years ago. Exactly this is another Mok crack (he used Mac/KTS nick before). I don't know why trainer is necessary for this game, due this is easy enough game and has save support.
Because I don't want to save and go back ... just complete in one go
Old 14 October 2012, 14:24   #30
Don_Adan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Because I don't want to save and go back ... just complete in one go
But unlimited energy can crash this game, due hero is killed if you made wrong move.
Old 15 October 2012, 02:17   #31
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Adan View Post
But unlimited energy can crash this game, due hero is killed if you made wrong move.
Well if you, for example, were to fall into the water, the energy bar goes to zero so you can still die that way. (If that's what you meant in terms of a crash)
Old 02 December 2014, 08:24   #32
Michal

Hi! I'm trying to finish the game but can't pass a certain point. Do you still have the trained version? Would appreciate an ADF.

Old 20 December 2014, 01:12   #33
lesta_smsc

I have re-uploaded the ADF into the Zone.

Credits to musashi9 and Sektor83 for the original file!
Old 18 January 2015, 19:52   #34
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

It crashes with "Not enough memory" as soon as I enter the cave, and if I put 2MB Chip it blackscreens (A500 config)

On A1200 the mine appears but I can't see the character (nor move it).

Last edited by jbenam; 18 January 2015 at 20:06.
Old 02 February 2015, 23:04   #35
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
It crashes with "Not enough memory" as soon as I enter the cave, and if I put 2MB Chip it blackscreens (A500 config)

On A1200 the mine appears but I can't see the character (nor move it).
Which cave exactly?
Old 03 February 2015, 11:09   #36
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Which cave exactly?
The one in the second "area". You can change areas by taking the canoe.

You can find the cave after the bear and the wolf, iirc. As soon as you enter it, you see the errors I've described.