English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 20 April 2011, 21:50   #41
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'll tell you: I'm on it. Today I received a broken C64, but it's much worse than the photo the seller was showing. In fact, it's from another C64.... The thing of retrobrighting a C64 is that it isn't an straight project as the Amiga is (my opinnion). I think with it you have to make it at least in two different days (will see tomorrow how it looks).
The C64 has arrived with a plastic at the rear part broken, broken mb, orange-moustard color, broken tabs that support both part joined, dusty keyboard, rusty Commodore logos... let's see what can I do with it, but it seems a good donnor for an ITX project, and that's why I talk about openning a better place for non Amiga mods.
I've got some much better ideas of how to do it than the CUSA people, but I will detail them when I'll have something done.

EDIT: Don't think I'm going to use a shit for the mod either... I've got good looking logos for it, the plastic tabs are already repaired, I'm a retrobright expert and the part broken (although now is superglued) has to be cutted anyway...

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 April 2011 at 22:07.
Old 21 April 2011, 01:50   #42
Claw22000

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrc View Post
So far its running XP(lite) with WinUAE on top of course. I have stripped away a few things like the win bootup screen and theres also no visible bios post which is nice. Also being SSD u can boot it into workbench as fast as the real thing if ya bypass explorer.

The plan is to run MAME and other things too. I have the old skool controllers as well as ps3 controllers so a bit of everything really. The onboard video controller is fast enough to handle high def video as well.
I have XP Pro and a spare computer around could you explain how to go about making this project for me as I would like to go about this project myself. Thanks man
Old 21 April 2011, 09:42   #43
Claw22000

Well I have XP Almost tamed. Can't seem to get WinUAE to work like I would like however. Seems like it dosn't run right if its not executed from a window even if its added to the path :C Any help on how to did this would be great Thanks
Old 18 July 2011, 13:25   #44
dcrc

"I think any real Amiga fan should be disgusted by this.." <- lol

For the record. No I didn't gut an A1200 for this.
I actually managed to get my hands on a brand new Amiga Magic pack years ago with everything minus a motherboard. (I swapped the C= badge over).

Ive done some additional mods to this thing. I have installed a switch on the back which functions as the Keyrah keymap switch. Being able to switch the keymap is -very important- for anyone considering a similar mod. Almost finished Amiga style stereo RCA jacks on the back as well

For anyone who thinks its just another PC (whatever that means these days). There's about a dozen different emulation/native booting platforms available on this machine now. Its no one thing and doesn't pretend to be either.

Old 25 June 2012, 19:22   #45
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Has anyone tried a full ITX (17x17cm) board? Does it fit?
Old 25 July 2012, 20:00   #46
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
I am interested to know how you wired up the keyrah keymap switch. Did you just tack some wires to the underside and then to an SPST switch?

Im almost ready to suss out how to get the keyrah fixed to the back of the keyboard. I have spent all afternoon swamped in keyboard parts cobbling together a good keyboard from leftovers lol. I wanted to keep original a500+ keytops, a500+ black plate thing coupled with an a500 metal baseplate. This allows me to fit an a1200 membraine correctly and also allows the original keyboard controller to stay put. I can tack wires to the power and drive access leds and they will sit as they always have done. Everything will look as normal, or near as possible (thats the plan anyway lol)

Just need to retrobrite the keys to get them nice again.