English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 27 September 2018, 11:49   #1221
liveevil
Custom User Title

Thanks. I noticed a couple of configs that don't match what we have already so will be dupes.

Phoenix Fighters [AmigaCD] (we have 'Phoenix Fighters')
Elite Advanced [modification] (we have 'Elite Advanced')

Also, should the number of config files be the same as the number of Game folders ? Mine are different for some reason. Could you let me know the number of your configs versus number of Game folders please ?
Old 27 September 2018, 12:09   #1222
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liveevil View Post
Thanks. I noticed a couple of configs that don't match what we have already so will be dupes.

Phoenix Fighters [AmigaCD] (we have 'Phoenix Fighters')
Elite Advanced [modification] (we have 'Elite Advanced')
You should haven't have these as they were updated, renamed a while back:

Code:
Phoenix Fighters
Elite Advanced
...but as you still do, then just delete them.

Quote:
Also, should the number of config files be the same as the number of Game folders ? Mine are different for some reason. Could you let me know the number of your configs versus number of Game folders please ?
This one is a hard question to answer as in my personal collection I have the following; which I haven't shared with everyone for obvious reasons:
a) any games that I've purchased.
b) APC&TCP titles.
...so will give you my numbers:
  • Number of configuration files in the C:\WinUAE\Configurations directory (not including the "Host" directory) = 2502
  • Number of <gamedirs> under C:\WinUAE\Games = 2498
So basically you should 4 more configuration files when compared with <gamedirs>

Last edited by DamienD; 27 September 2018 at 12:14.
Old 27 September 2018, 12:15   #1223
TroyWilkins

Ok, I apologise if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it on the fist page and am not sure what would be the correct search to use to find the information.

I recently had to restore/reinstall Windows 10 (same thing really) and while that nuked my program files and so forth, my C:\WinUAE directory/folder/whatever you want to call it was unaffected. BUT since then, I no longer get the thumbnails, and am not sure how to get them back. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.
Old 27 September 2018, 12:24   #1224
liveevil
Custom User Title

OK thanks, my numbers are almost good. I'm not sure what happened as i've been following all your updates. Is that number also excluding the 'configuration.cache' file ? I will have 4 more configs vs. directories but I seem to be missing the game folders for these two games :-

Gunbee F-99 - The Kidnapping of Lady Akiko [AGA]
Phoenix Fighters [AmigaCD]

Would there be any chance you could post these please ? If they are too big then don't worry.
Old 27 September 2018, 12:29   #1225
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
OK thanks, my numbers are almost good, I will have 4 more configs vs. directories but I seem to be missing the game folders for these two games :-

Gunbee F-99 - The Kidnapping of Lady Akiko [AGA]
Phoenix Fighters [AmigaCD]

Would there be any chance you could post these please ? If they are too big then don't worry.
Ooops, I obviously updated the configuration file "Gunbee F-99 - The Kidnapping of Lady Akiko [AGA]" and included that in Update Pack #9... but you guys won't have that game as it's an APC&TCP title... my mistake, just delete this configuration file also.

"Phoenix Fighters [AmigaCD]" on the other hand; you should have this... maybe the directory is named "Phoenix Fighters" as opposed to "Phoenix Fighters AmigaCD"?

...can't check further as I'm at work and don't have access to my collection ATM.
Old 27 September 2018, 12:33   #1226
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
...so will give you my numbers:
  • Number of configuration files in the C:\WinUAE\Configurations directory (not including the "Host" directory) = 2502
  • Number of <gamedirs> under C:\WinUAE\Games = 2498
So basically you should 4 more configuration files when compared with <gamedirs>
I should also probably explain why there are more configuration files than <gamedirs>; as I'm sure you're going to ask me anyway

Basically there are these:

1 <gamedir> need for title / screenshots but 4 configuration files point to this directory (difference of 3):
Code:
AMIGA CD32.uae
AMIGA CD32   [Xbox 360 controllers].uae
AMIGA CD32 [with Full Motion Video cartridge].uae
AMIGA CD32 [with Full Motion Video cartridge]   [Xbox 360 controllers].uae
1 <gamedir> need for title / screenshots but 2 configuration files point to this directory (difference of 1):
Code:
AMIGA CDTV
AMIGA CDTV [CDTV-R]

...so this is why there are 4 more configuration files
Old 27 September 2018, 12:37   #1227
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
Ok, I apologise if this has been covered already, but I couldn't find it on the fist page and am not sure what would be the correct search to use to find the information.

I recently had to restore/reinstall Windows 10 (same thing really) and while that nuked my program files and so forth, my C:\WinUAE directory/folder/whatever you want to call it was unaffected. BUT since then, I no longer get the thumbnails, and am not sure how to get them back. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.
Just run the registry file again my friend to fix everything i.e. WinUAE_v4.0.1_Registry.rar
Old 27 September 2018, 12:39   #1228
TroyWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Just run the registry file again my friend to fix everything i.e. WinUAE_v4.0.1_Registry.rar
Ahh, wonderful, thank you. And thank you so very much for the continued work on this and being willing to share it with the good people here.
Old 27 September 2018, 12:47   #1229
liveevil
Custom User Title

Thanks for the info. This is almost resolved I'm not sure when you renamed the 'Elite Advanced' config (with [modification]) but i've changed mine manually now. I have a 'Phoenix Fighters' config and folder which is a 2 disk ADF version but I don't have a folder for the AmigaCD version.
Old 27 September 2018, 13:05   #1230
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Is that number also excluding the 'configuration.cache' file ?
I don't use 'configuration.cache' so this number is excluding this file.

Quote:
Thanks for the info. This is almost resolved I'm not sure when you renamed the 'Elite Advanced' config (with [modification]) but i've changed mine manually now. I have a 'Phoenix Fighters' config and folder which is a 2 disk ADF version but I don't have a folder for the AmigaCD version.
You don't have a directory "C:\WinUAE\Games\Phoenix Fighters" or possibly "C:\WinUAE\Games\Phoenix Fighters AmigaCD"?

...if not then I'll upload when home tonight.

Very strange though
Old 27 September 2018, 13:25   #1231
DamienD
Banned

Given the discussion with liveevil; you guys will all need to make a few small changes after applying Update Pack #9...

I'll make a note in the above post; sorry about that guys
Old 27 September 2018, 13:28   #1232
liveevil
Custom User Title

The only directory I have is 'Phoenix Fighters' which is an ADF version.

If anyone else reading this has DamienD's latest update, could you check if you now have two Elite Advanced configs and only one Phoenix Fighters game directory and two ADF's in the Skate Tribe directory ? These are just to see if I have screwed things up !
Old 27 September 2018, 13:31   #1233
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
The only directory I have is 'Phoenix Fighters' which is an ADF version.
That's correct, it is the [AmigaCD] version though... I installed the game and then created .ADFs out of the installed files.

See this thread for more details: Phoenix Fighters - "HD install" --> "ADFs"

Quote:
If anyone else reading this has DamienD's latest update, could you check if you now have two Elite Advanced configs and only one Phoenix Fighters game directory and two ADF's in the Skate Tribe directory ? These are just to see if I have screwed things up !
Unfortunately they will, it was my mistake...

Not sure about the "two ADF's in the Skate Tribe directory" though; will check this tonight once home.

I've now made a note in the Update Pack #9 post.
Old 27 September 2018, 18:38   #1234
jabybau

thanks again man for all ypur endeavours!!!!
Old 27 September 2018, 19:14   #1235
Boulder

Thank you
Old 27 September 2018, 19:25   #1236
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Does 'Skate Tribe' have two versions or did I mess something up ?
Quote:
Thanks for answering my questions. I thought I saw 2 ADF versions in the Skate Tribe directory ? I'm not sure if I added it by mistake but I deleted it anyway so I can't really be sure if it even happened ?!
Quote:
<snip>

and two ADF's in the Skate Tribe directory ? These are just to see if I have screwed things up !
Ok, home now...

You are correct, for some reason there are 2 x .ADFs in the "C:\WinUAE\Games\Skate Tribe" directory.

Guess when I was testing versions I must have forgotten to delete the one not used

So please just delete this file "Skate Tribe (1991)(Wood, J. - Symons, G.)[cr Slipstream][AMOS].adf" from the above directory.

Added to the notes in the Update Pack #9 details.
Old 27 September 2018, 22:25   #1237
speshady

Awesome update, many thanks D!.
The time and effort you put into this is truly remarkable.
Old 28 September 2018, 11:55   #1238
capitanGiaco

Hi

thanks for the wonderful work DamienD!

I am trying to fix a problem in Xenon2.
IT asks for the game disk, but it wants it in the first drive, and I don't know how to swap the disks automatically.
Is there a trick to overcome this ?

thanks again

Giaco
Old 28 September 2018, 12:02   #1239
DH
Global Moderator

Press and hold "END" and press the number key for the corresponding disk (i.e. Disk 1="END+1", Disk 2="END+2" etc)
Old 28 September 2018, 13:06   #1240
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanGiaco View Post
Hi

thanks for the wonderful work DamienD!

I am trying to fix a problem in Xenon2.
IT asks for the game disk, but it wants it in the first drive, and I don't know how to swap the disks automatically.
Is there a trick to overcome this ?

thanks again

Giaco
Heya Giaco,

There are a few ways to do this:

a) GUI method:
... Press <F12> to bring up the GUI.
... Select "Floppy Drives", on the "DF0:" line, click "...".
... Navigate to the "C:\WinUAE\Games\<gamedir>" and double click on the required disk.

b) Shortcut method:
... Press <End> + <F1> to insert a disk into DF0:
... Navigate to the "C:\WinUAE\Games\<gamedir>" and double click on the required disk.

c) Disk swapper method:
... As disk 2 will be in Disk swapper - slot 2, press <End> + <2> to put this into DF0:

This post is quite handy: Important Keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DH View Post
Press and hold "END" and press the number key for the corresponding disk (i.e. Disk 1="END+1", Disk 2="END+2" etc)
For "Xenon 2: Megablast"; only if Update Pack #9 has been applied.

...remember that prior to this update I had only added games with 4 or more disks into the Disk swapper.