English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 October 2012, 21:31   #41
1time
Amiga Lover

I backed this project.. Received my key.. and i just love it! =)
Old 24 October 2012, 23:11   #42
Harry
HD Installer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
I have just completed the 6th level, playing it on my notebook via keyboard. The game is great, except two points. In level 1-5 there is a high jump, which is almost impossible to perform with keyboard. Tried more over 100 times (really). And then the boss at the end of level 1-6... probably the most annoying boss I ever met. It is absoultelly unclear how to beat him. I finally did, but I am not sure how. Took me more than half a hour and I lost about 50 lives there, fortunatelly in adventure mode there are unlimited lives. The boss looks very nice, but it is a pure pain to fight him.
The high jump can be managed without help, but there is something standing in the level which helps you with that jump. Took me too a few minutes to find out.

The boss in 1-6 is extremely easy to beat, although it took about 15 lives for me to work it out (I play with keyboard too). I dont want to post a spoiler here, but if you really dont have an idea look into the forum at their website for a detailed hint, or you look into the speedrun 1-6 video linked in that forum for two possibilities (Thread: Beat BFG times).
Old 25 October 2012, 09:09   #43
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Thanks, maybe it is all only about the skills. And especially thank you for the hint with the jump, I will try to search for the help.
Old 25 October 2012, 13:09   #44
fishyfish
Banned

Not sure why, but I expected to not like this. I quite enjoyed the original back when it was released (even bough the original before it was taken off shelves), but Ive been somewhat underwhelmed by anything giana since. Havent found a remake Ive enoyed yet, and the DS version was way too "same ol' same ol'" for my tastes, so this was a pleasant surprise.
Good to see some developers still use their imagainations rather than just rehashing things over and over.
Old 25 October 2012, 15:07   #45
Amiga1992

I gave this another try with different settings, I tested it on my big TV instead. I think most of the problems are with keyboard control, it just blows. perhaps it'd be better with a gamepad.
The gameplay is OK and I quite grew fond of having to change the character on the fly, sometimes it leads to some more hectic gameplay, a lot of speed has been injected in it and I feel this is the best part of teh game, which is a cool thing.

However, it still lacks design-wise, the graphics are not very cool and the main characters have lost flair, which they had a lot of in the DS version. The general presentation, like the menues, etc, is lacking. The music is VERY bad by the way, I expect more of a modern production like this.

I feel if the transition to 3D had been done better, this could be a killer game. They should have gone for something like Rayman Origins instead, which is tremendously beautiful.
Old 25 October 2012, 21:04   #46
BippyM
Global Moderator

I really like it. The changing character I think is very imaginitive. I still cannot connect as a Giama Sisters game though, but on its own.. Excellent
Old 25 October 2012, 22:26   #47
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
I really like it. The changing character I think is very imaginitive. I still cannot connect as a Giama Sisters game though, but on its own.. Excellent
Likewise... does this remind anyone of Pandemonium?
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 25 October 2012, 22:44   #48
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Currently at level 2-5 I just can't stop playing. I finally got into the game and all those hidden corridors keep the game challenging. Controls are hard to master in the beginning, but now I am able to perform also very difficult acrobacy and I found the game very satisfying.
Old 26 October 2012, 02:24   #49
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Likewise... does this remind anyone of Pandemonium?
[ Show youtube player ]
Yup :/
Old 27 October 2012, 00:28   #50
Radertified

The creators are currently doing an AmA (Ask Me Anything) on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...sters_twisted/