English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 19 November 2003, 16:15   #1
abelthorne

SSI games (AD&D adaptations)

Do someone know of a good reference/infos website (Amiga and/or PC) about SSI games that look like Pools of Darkness ?

I'd like to know which games are related to each other and in which order between :
- Curse of the Azure Bonds (first of a serie ?)
- Secret of the Silver Blades (direct sequel to CotAB)
- Pool of Radiance (first of a serie ?)
- Pools of Darkness (direct sequel to PoR ?)
- Champions of Krynn (first of a serie ?)
- Death Knights of Krynn (direct sequel to CoK ?)
- The Dark Queen of Krynn (direct sequel to DKoK ?)

If the above assumptions are correct, I guess that my memories capabilities are better that I thought

And if there exists other games related, apart from Hillsfar, Dragon Strike, the Eye of the Beholder series and the "action/adventures games" (such as Dragonlance). Although I'd be glad if someone pointed me out in the case that some of these games are related story-wise to the seven ones listed above.
Old 20 November 2003, 00:05   #2
fiath

The correct order is:

Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades
Pools of Darkness

Champions of Krynn
Death Knights of Krynn
The Dark Queen of Krynn

others on the amiga:
Hillsfar
Dragon Strike
Heroes of the Lance
Dragons of Flame
Gateway to the Savage Frontier
Treasures of the Savage Frontier
Eye of the Beholder I & II
Shadow Sorcerer

The classic games have their ad&d module counterparts. On the pc you can find other ad&d stuff as well, oriental etc.
Old 20 November 2003, 00:49   #3
abelthorne

Thanks a lot. Another question if I may : isn't Hillsfar related to another title ? Or is it only taking place in the same context than one of the series ?

I vaguely remember that one of the games (although I couldn't tell which one in particular) was a kind of sequel to Hillsfar. Or maybe there was only references to it ? Or maybe I'm completely messed up about these games ?
Old 20 November 2003, 14:15   #4
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Thumbs down

No AFAIK, Hillsfar was only a one-off, all the adventures/gameplay revolved around the general area of Hillsfar, & never saw anything vaguely match it out of the SSI AD&D Gold box set. Heroes of the Lance & Dragon's of Summer Flame on the other hand were every bit related in terms of the Dragonlance storyline/characters & events following one another.

Unlike Hillsfar which was moderately playable though, Heroes & Dragon's games were both absolute crap with no redeeming gameplay features,& served a terrible travesty to the Dragonlance book(s),(therein part of the original series), that they were derived from!!
Old 20 November 2003, 17:29   #5
Marcuz

Quote:
Another question if I may : isn't Hillsfar related to another title ? Or is it only taking place in the same context than one of the series ?
Hillsfar was related to Pool of Radiance in a way: you could import one character from Pool and use it as your hero in Hillsfar, then import him again in Pool (or in Curse? i don't rem which one)
Old 21 November 2003, 14:29   #6
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Would have to check to be sure, but a sneaking suspicion points towards Pools/Hillsfar having that ability.
Old 21 November 2003, 15:53   #7
Marcuz

I have'nt Hillsfar to check, but i've looked now at Curse Of Azure Bonds and you can import and export to and from Hillsfar.
But there's no option for it in Pool Of Radiance

then i've checked the dates on HOL and Hillsfar is from 1989, where Pool Of Radiance is from 1990 and Curse from 1991.

So i assume that it was intended as option for Curse only BUT, since the save format is the same or similar for all of them (memory help me!) then you can export manually the character from one game to the other