English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 July 2014, 15:58   #1
Wiffleplop
Cute but not bright

INstalling ClassAct2Demo causes Mount issue

Hi All, I'm running through the help files found here and after installing ClassAct2 I reset and found that it wouldn't boot anymore, instead giving me this message:

Now I'm not able to boot my CFD, which I'm using on a REAL Amiga too Can anyone help, or am I going to have to start the install again from scratch?
Old 20 July 2014, 16:23   #2
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

You're not having much luck are you.

I just installed newicons and classact2 on a fresh install of 3.1 and I didn't get any mount errors. I would start again with a fresh install. Did you get adf2disk sorted? If not then try WinUAE again.
Old 20 July 2014, 16:34   #3
Wiffleplop
Cute but not bright

You're not kidding. Everything I do seems to come out slightly different from the tutorials, and until now I've managed to fudge round it. Perhaps that's the issue... the conflation of the fudges!

Ok... back to the basic install again
Old 20 July 2014, 17:00   #4
thomas

I am quite sure that this is not caused by ClassAct. Are you sure that installing ClassAct is the only action you did after the last boot?

What is contained in Devs/DosDrivers?

Can you read the entire directory tree of all partitions or does it crash at some place?

When you partitioned the CFD, did you change MaxTransfer to 0x1fe00 for all partitions?

How big is the CFD and how big are the partitions?
Old 20 July 2014, 22:35   #5
Wiffleplop
Cute but not bright

I've since re-formatted the card, after some really weird instances of it failing to be recognised by a number of card readers. I've reverted to an older USB2 Sandisk reader now, and it finally recognised the device and allowed me to partition and format it on a real A1200.

The CFD is a 4gb Sandisk Extreme IV, and the current format is as follows:

DH0: 1023M System
DH1: 1458M Apps
DH2: 1387M Documents

In hindsight, some fairly random values, but as I wasn't really expecting it to work, I didn't waste too much time trying to be exact. I changed the maxtransfer value to 0x1ffff on the advice of one of the tutorials, which I'm hoping isn't going to be a problem? Probably better to find out now before I get to far though

It now boots into WB3.1, and I will be installing lha and install as soon as I can. Although those tutorials are quite useful, they don't describe the features/benefits of installing the apps, so a re-booted novice like myself can't make informed decisions as to whether I even need them, or whether they will work with my A1200. I should be getting an ACA card from Amigakit sometime this week, so I'll be doing more on the real Amiga than I've been able to do so far, but would like to be somewhere near ready for it when it arrives