English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 14 March 2013, 19:37   #61
xboxown

Can I use more than 16 colors in AmiKit real or am I forced with 16?
Old 14 March 2013, 20:59   #62
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Can I use more than 16 colors in AmiKit real or am I forced with 16?
Hi. Read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK
Of course, it should always be possible to use a screenmode with more than 16 colors, too. As long as the first 16 colors are locked with FullPalette or other similar tools, it should work perfectly with 64, 128 or whatever number of colors. All icons would simply look a little better than before.
You can use whatever amount and the icons will look perfect. If you plan to stay with 64 or 128 or 256 colors you could remap your own wallpaper to use that amount so the result would be the most perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerytale View Post
So who is it going? Any updates?
About updates, it's been a time that I've got the first one, another installer, etc, so I will try now again to contact Jan of AmiKit, but unfortunately he hasn't much time... (Fast Edit: We will try to make something soon, but I guess after the latest release of icon.library fixed for Magellan).

Edit:

v0.2 beta Released.

http://real.amiga.sk/

- Installation method changed so Windows is no more required to install AmiKit!

- New icon.library 46.4.279 by Peter Keunecke. Icons load 15%-20% faster!

- Changed WB2000 preferences (WookieChat opens right now)

- Changed WB prefs (memory in other memory instead of graphic memory)

- Changed SongPlayer prefs

- Fixed Def icon (def_disk.info) so now you can open all the devices correctly

And.... we've added a voice for MorpheuZ

Basically both the update or the new installer have an Install script icon (thanks Thomas for your help), so you just have to click on it once running your already installed AmiKit Real or for the new installer an OS3.9 (read the instructions).

EDIT: 2nd Update work in progress. In this "photo" I'm using 64 colors. It looks even much better for real, and with an Indi it's incredible:

For those that ask about using more colors, here is a real photo using 256 colors and WinUAE. In this second update I'll be adding 256 colors wallpapers like this... If you are expecting more without a graphic card...

Video using just 16 colors:

[ Show youtube player ]

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 May 2013 at 03:20.
Old 06 May 2013, 20:53   #63
esc

Hey Retrofan,

First off: Awesome! Really great to have another custom graphical workbench

I did notice a few things, though. I'll list them here to help.

First, background: Using winUAE, I made a basic os3.9 system.hdf, upgraded bb1+2, and then installed AmiKit.

Issues:
1 - My DH0: is called System: and so when I boot, it says insert volume AmiKit. To fix this, I added assign >nil AmiKit: SYS: to my startup-sequence.
2 - The default os3.9 dock is still on the screen and needs to be removed from wbstartup
3 - Workbench2000 doesn't load automatically
4 - Where can I get the skinnable clock???!!

Also, if I try to change from 16 to 64 or 256 colors, it shows the clock "waiting" icon but never completes

Last edited by prowler; 06 May 2013 at 21:17. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.

Old 06 May 2013, 23:52   #64
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc View Post
Hey Retrofan,
First off: Awesome!
Thank you for trying it .

"1 - My DH0: is called System: and so when I boot, it says insert volume AmiKit. To fix this, I added assign >nil AmiKit: SYS: to my startup-sequence."

As you like, you only should have renamed DH0 as AmiKit.

"2 - The default os3.9 dock is still on the screen and needs to be removed from wbstartup"

That's installed by your previous OS3.9 installation. In my new update I will be moving icons to make room and installing an AmiDock that will seem transparent.

"3 - Workbench2000 doesn't load automatically"

You can find WB2000 in AmiKit:Utilities/Expansion/Workbench2000/. If you like you can put it on the WBStartup drawer, but I didn't because it takes longer to boot if you do it that way.
Edit: BTW if you want to make it, there are two scripts there; WB2000 and Workbench2000. The second is the normal one, the first will play a voice when running it... .

"4 - Where can I get the skinnable clock???!! "

It only runs with a graphic card (or WinUAE and AmiKit for PC for example). You can find it here: http://www.bboah-works.de/phpbb33/do...7620bef130e4c0
but it's designed for OS4, so a bit tricky to install. I told Jan to use it on his AmiKit for PC, but I don't know if he will do.

Quote:
...Also, if I try to change from 16 to 64 or 256 colors, it shows the clock "waiting" icon but never completes
You have to reboot if you change colors or screen mode... And thanks a lot for your questions .

Edit: Please all, remember: Beta means also you have to say what you want or what you find could be improved (and how too if you know). I believe that's the best way to have what everybody wants/would like to have, and that has never happened before. As a new I can tell it will be able to have online updates just like you have on your PC; you'll be updating your Amiga online.... and that will be really sooner than later.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 May 2013 at 01:36.
Old 07 May 2013, 00:16   #65
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Where can I get the skinnable clock???!!
Try Thomas Rapp's Limpid Clock for OS3.0+.
Old 07 May 2013, 00:45   #66
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Try Thomas Rapp's Limpid Clock for OS3.0+.
Hehe. Mate you should install and try my conversion... it has Limpid Clock already running

Edit: Or perhaps better wait, as with the second update it will be more awesome even... hehe.

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 May 2013 at 02:34.
Old 07 May 2013, 00:49   #67
prowler
Global Moderator

Hehe, I already have, mate. That's how I got the idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Or perhaps better wait, as with the second update it will be more awesome even... hehe.
Can't wait!
Old 09 May 2013, 23:42   #68
utri007
mä vaan

Ugly Windiws style start menu, wich doesn't belongs to Amigas but I ques it is easy to get rid of it if I try this.
Old 09 May 2013, 23:52   #69
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Ugly Windiws style start menu, wich doesn't belongs to Amigas
But that's like saying the Mac OS style Dock doesn't belong to Amigas either!

Anyway, AIAB had a start menu, IIRC, and there wasn't muich wrong with that, IMHO.
Old 09 May 2013, 23:55   #70
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AmiKit isn't just Magellan. It can be Workbench or it can be Scalos; you select what you want with MorpheuZ. Anything you don't like can be changed by you... or by me if everybody preffers that.
If you don't want music or booting picture it's just putting two semicolons on the s-s.
WB2000 is an option; you don't have to click on it (please, resist ), and it isn't on the WBStartup...

Edit ( Big one): And now that you comment about Start Menus, AIAB uses ScreenTab (thanks for reminding me that, Prowler), that also could work here and fast (I tried with it on the past), but has very small icons, and only with 8 colors IIRC. (Edit, trying it) AmiStart should work here, and I will try to give this option too. It can have real transparency without FPU even (not the one I'm emulating with AmiDock), and small icons at the bar, just like it is on AmiKit for PC. If someone wants to try to make it...

Edit: Well, in two days I've got something new. Even if I get this working it won't be ready for the second update:

Edit: I've never seen something like this before. Real Transparency without rtg and without FPU. This is trying with 030, just 2 mb of chip and 64 ram:

Even the author of AmiStart wasn't sure if it can work without Fpu and he was recommending rtg:

"Hardware:
- any Amiga with at least a 68020, without a fpu it crashes here, but i think that's a problem of my
System coz i have patched some libs to use the fpu. I have not used any fpu compiler settings.
- its recommended to use a gfx-card and a fast system."

I have to see if I can get it working right and find some icons as some work, others don't. Edit: Also remember: This is the "Support Thread".... That doesn't mean I'm only supporting you, BUT that you can support me TOO.

Edit: PeterK has helped with the main icon, the "start" button at the bar. So this is now; WinUAE, HighGFX (1024x768), 256 colors, transparent bar (not rendered) and 75% transparency on the first menu. Remember this can be a real Amiga with just a 030 ACA and an indi for this HighGFX. But I think (if this works) I woudn't recommend to run it with transparency at the menus; it uses to hang if you use much transparency on WinUAE -only after a reboot and you've saved the prefs- . NP with "Not rendered" -transparent- at the bar):

Yes, the wallpaper is crushed, but it looks perfect on my Tv using 16:9; something like here.

Edit: So thank you, utri007:
Quote:
Originally Posted by utri007 View Post
Ugly Windiws style start menu, wich doesn't belongs to Amigas but I ques it is easy to get rid of it if I try this.
I have no betatesters and few comments here, so your "half-complain" comment can make something great to be added (yes, another Windiws style start menu...), like AmiStart. I'm not saying it will, just that I'll try, as you can see.

Last edited by Retrofan; 13 May 2013 at 02:54.
Old 19 May 2013, 17:32   #71
amigarobbo

Quote:
Insert the Install floppy, boot and rename DH0 as AmiKit, it seems you used another name.
Wot?

Is this mentioned anywhere anyone installing it would actually read it?

And why not use SYS: and not some name YOU have decided that we have to call our system partition?

I would say that the install doesn't work either as the executable bit wasn't set, but I think that's been covered as above.
Old 19 May 2013, 22:58   #72
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
And why not use SYS: and not some name YOU have decided that we have to call our system partition?
No, you don't have to name it AmiKit if you have something personal against it. You can call it if you like "I hate AmiKit" as long as you assign that on the s-s. If you don't hate so much the name, just call it AmiKit and that's all you need to run AmiKit

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigarobbo View Post
I would say that the install doesn't work either as the executable bit wasn't set, but I think that's been covered as above.
Do you mean that you don't have the UnLzx on the updater when you download it? Dunno, I use Winrar on Windows, and all the files are there, and also np downloading on the miggy...
Old 20 May 2013, 00:17   #73
amigarobbo

No, the file was there, it's just when you run the install it fails when it gets to the install business as unLZX didn't have the executable flag set.

Putting a tick in the box means the install worked, as did un-zipping it in MacOS X.

It also takes a couple of hours to install on my AGA 1200 with flash hard drive on the standard IDE and 68060 @50 accelerator.

Neither actually booted correctly either, until I put an old Startup-sequence back on it, but then half the stuff didn't world. I think that may have been because I had a BB3 and possibly some bb4 kickstart on it from someplace, to be honest I gave up trying, I also can't seem to be able to install BB onto a fresh install of 3.9 because I don't have an actual CD Drive anymore, I can't rememeber how I spoofed it last time.

Although to be honest, after quite a lot of playing around with 3.9 and what I could see of AmiKit, I'm starting to like the minimal feel of ye olde 3.1
Old 20 May 2013, 02:18   #74
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

PM on the way. I want to know where you had that problem (full install or update) and you to be running it, on WinUAE or for real.

Edit: The problem related was someone that didn't have the unlzx when he unpacked it, he did on the miggy and it was ok. Yours is that it doesn't work ? You'r using a Mac, don't know if it can be giving any problem downloading it from the web. I've tried (again, and again, right now...) the update and the full install and both don't have any problem unpacking them on Windows or on the miggy, later the install goes perfect without any change.

And if you use a 060 you must install the drivers from Phase5. I wanted to add them, but they are copyrighted. If you don't do that it won't work with your Blizzard.

Last edited by Retrofan; 20 May 2013 at 02:52.
Old 20 May 2013, 08:37   #75
amigarobbo

Right, managed to get an install of 3.9 both bb, and now amikit starts, all this is on a real miggy

It is however rather slow, I've seen os4.1 systems boot up faster, trololololol, I've put the 68060 drivers on, as I did before, no difference maybe I'll be able to find ever more time to tinker later
Old 22 May 2013, 12:02   #76
Rotzloeffel

Hi Retrofan,

first of all : Thank you for this great work

I tried serveral times to set it up on my Cybervision PPC, but it crashes all the time when loading the CVision Monitor file. only removing it from devs/Monitors will bring the system up again.

As I noticed, you ran it on a bvision, which should be the same. Which patch or patches in the Startup-sequence are responsible for these crashes ? could you give any advice ?

thanks in advance
Old 22 May 2013, 12:31   #77
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi:

Thanks. This is the s-s I was using with the BPPC and BVision:

Code:
;PsdLoadModule DEVS:input.device QUIET ;Added by Poseidon-Installer
;BEGIN HSMathLibs
Load-mathffp
;END HSMathLibs
; $VER: Startup-Sequence_AmiKit OS3.9
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9 + AmiKit (by Jan Zahurancik ©2005-2008)

;C:Safe RENRAM OWNOUT MOUNTSIZE=6684     ;Checks for viruses

C:morelibspace

C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ
Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV

If EXISTS C:IDEFix
  C:IDEFix
EndIf

FailAt 21
SYS:C/LoadResident >NIL: DEVS:card.resource DEVS:trackdisk.device L:KingCON-Handler
;SYS:C/Loadresident force Libs:exec.library >NIL:  ;This for Cosmos exec.library_45.25.15
FailAt 20
SYS:C/LoadModule >NIL: DEVS:battmem.resource DEVS:FileSystem.resource DEVS:misc.resource DEVS:potgo.resource DEVS:scsi.device L:FastFileSystem L:RAM-Handler L:Shell-Seg LIBS:dos.library LIBS:icon.library LIBS:workbench.library REVERSE NOREBOOT FAST
SYS:C/SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES console,filesysres,fs,icon,ram-handler,scsi,shell,workbench QUIET

C:Version >NIL:
C:AddBuffers >NIL: DF0: 15
FailAt 21

C:SegTracker >NIL:
C:VBRControl ON >NIL:

;C:PatchMSB              ;part of MathLibsUAE. If enabled, do NOT use other patches for IEEE-libraries!

C:StackAttack 32768     ;adds stack size to selected value
C:PatchControl          ;part of MCP

C:TagLiFE               ;patches the utility.library

;C:MakeDir RAM:T RAM:Clipboards RAM:ENV RAM:ENV/Sys RAM:T/VC_TEMP
;C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC: RAM:ENV ALL NOREQ

Resident >NIL: C:Assign PURE
Resident >NIL: C:Execute PURE

;Assign >NIL: ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign >NIL: T: RAM:T
Assign >NIL: CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
Assign >NIL: REXX: S:
Assign >NIL: PRINTERS: DEVS:Printers
Assign >NIL: KEYMAPS: DEVS:Keymaps
Assign >NIL: LOCALE: SYS:Locale
Assign >NIL: LIBS: SYS:Classes ADD
Assign >NIL: HELP: LOCALE:Help DEFER
Assign >NIL: L: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem/L ADD
SetPrism2Defaults SSID Orange-D0B3 TEXTKEY xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

C:FBlit
C:FText

IF $bbfix EQ "0"  ;adjusts AmiKit if both BoingBags for OS3.9 were installed
   version >NIL: Shell VERSION 45
   IF NOT WARN
      IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/AmiDock
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/AmiDock TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/AmiDock QUIET
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/ASyncWB QUIET
         Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/ASyncWB.info
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/BenchTrash
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash
            Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/BenchTrash TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/BenchTrash QUIET
      ENDIF

IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/DefIcons
         IF EXISTS SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons
             Delete >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons FORCE QUIET
         ENDIF
         Rename >NIL: SYS:WBStartup/DefIcons TO SYS:WBStartup/Disabled/DefIcons QUIET
      ENDIF

Delete >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Amplifier#? FORCE ALL QUIET
      Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System TO SYS: CLONE ALL QUIET
      SetENV bbfix 1
      Copy >NIL: ENV:bbfix TO ENVARC: CLONE QUIET
   EndIF
EndIF

C:Version >NIL: SYS:Libs/xadmaster.library 12 1 FILE ;installs latest XAD if BoingBag1 for OS3.9 was installed only
IF WARN
   Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System TO SYS: CLONE ALL QUIET
EndIF

;C:Version >NIL: SYS:Classes/DataTypes/ilbm.datatype 44 26 FILE ;adjusts AmiKit if BoingBag35-2 was installed
;IF WARN
;   Copy >NIL: SYS:Prefs/Presets/AmiKit/Install/System/Classes/DataTypes/ilbm.datatype TO SYS:Classes/Datatypes/ CLONE ;QUIET
;EndIF

BindDrivers ;useless on UAE
C:Mount >NIL: DEVS:DOSDrivers/~(#?.info)

C:LoadMonDrvs

;C:P96-EmulationUpdate      ;fakes the version info of emulated CGX libraries under Picasso96
;C:P96Refresh >NIL: 100     ;set this value (100 by default) according to your monitor refresh rate and WinUAE display settings

;SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Rev239C18     ;shows the picture during startup

SetEnv Language "english"
SetEnv Workbench $Workbench
SetEnv Kickstart $Kickstart
UnSet Workbench
UnSet Kickstart

C:AddDataTypes REFRESH QUIET

;Following two lines provide TrueType support. IMPORTANT: if you disable them you must enable C:WAIT line in front of C:IPREFS to avoid startup crashes!!!
Assign >NIL: AfA_OS_Libs: SYS:Utilities/EXPANSION/AfA_OS/AfA_OS_Libs
C:AfA_OS_Loader

IF NOT EXISTS ENV:afa/replacevisualprefs ;enables the following lines only if similar featrues are disabled in AfA_OS
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/TitleShadow/TitleShadow           ;enables effects for window titlebar texts
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/VisualPrefs           ;enables the customization of Amiga GUI
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/VisualPrefs/TRAP ALL              ;enables the customization of Amiga ReAction GUI
ENDIF

C:Wait 1  ;prevents IPrefs from crashes. Increase the value if IPrefs still crashes.
;C:AddDataTypes REFRESH QUIET
C:IPrefs

;SYS:Utilities/Expansion/ShowAmiga96/Bin/ShowAmiga96_Login >NIL:

SYS:Utilities/Expansion/FullPalette/FPPrefs     ;applies FullPalette settings

C:ConClip

Path >NIL: RAM: C: SYS:Utilities SYS:Rexxc SYS:System S: SYS:Prefs SYS:WBStartup SYS:Tools SYS:Tools/Commodities SYS:Utilities/PicShow SYS:Utilities/EvenMore SYS:Utilities/MysticView SYS:Utilities/SimpleFind3 SYS:Utilities/Expansion/SmartFileSystem

IF NOT EXISTS ENV:afa/replacebirdie ;enables gfx patterns for windows borders (only if similar feature is disabled in AfA_OS)
   C:Wait 1  ;prevents Birdie from not loading the background picture.
   Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/Birdie/Birdie ? <Env:Birdie.prefs
ENDIF

SYS:System/REXXMast >NIL:

IF EXISTS S:User-Startup
  Execute S:User-Startup
EndIF

IF EXISTS S:AmiKit-Startup
  Execute S:AmiKit-Startup
EndIF

;following lines enable enchanced CLI/Shell functionality
;IF EXISTS DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;   Assign CON: DISMOUNT
;   Assign RAW: DISMOUNT
;   Mount CON: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;   Mount RAW: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
;ENDIF

Resident Execute REMOVE
Resident Assign REMOVE

C:Version >NIL: C:MakeLink 37 4 FILE
IF NOT WARN
   C:Copy >NIL: ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info RAM:Disk.info CLONE QUIET
ELSE
   C:MakeLink >NIL: RAM:Disk.info ENVARC:SYS/def_RAM.info SOFT
ENDIF

;Run >NIL: SYS:Utilities/Expansion/PowerIcons/PowerIcons >NIL:     ;enables PNG icon support (Don't use it if AfA_OS_Loader is enabled!)
C:WBCtrl IMT=FAST MNL=100                                         ;tweaks Workbench

Run >NIL: C:CPointer                                  ;centers the mouse pointer on the screen (regardless of the screenmode used). Disable this entry if some of the other CPointer line is enabled.
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=400 YPOS=368 MCLICK=50     ;for 800x600 screens,   automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=510 YPOS=455 MCLICK=50     ;for 1024x768 screens,  automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=576 YPOS=500 MCLICK=50     ;for 1152x864 screens,  automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=641 YPOS=579 MCLICK=50     ;for 1280x1024 screens, automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button
;Run >NIL: C:CPointer XPOS=797 YPOS=674 MCLICK=50     ;for 1600x1200 screens, automatically clicks the Dopus "RUN" button

Run >NIL: C:PatchAsl     ;enables MUI file requesters
;C:ChangeExp             ;prevents from identifying your system as UAE

IF EXISTS S:AmiKit-StartOS    ;starts Magellan II, Scalos or Workbench - depends on your MorpheuZ settings.
  Execute S:AmiKit-StartOS
ELSE
  C:LoadDB
EndIF

;C:MemTrailer SIZE=96     ;provides partial memory protection
EndCLI >NIL:
Old 22 May 2013, 13:05   #78
Rotzloeffel

Quote:
Hi:

Thanks. This is the s-s I was using with the BPPC and BVision:
Wow! Great! Thanks a lot, I will try this tonight :-)

Did you install Os3.9 + BB1 + BB2 + CGX4 + patch RC5 as a "clean" install before copying Amikit over the parition, or did you install CGX after installing Amikit ?
Old 22 May 2013, 15:26   #79
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzloeffel View Post
Wow! Great! Thanks a lot, I will try this tonight :-)

Did you install Os3.9 + BB1 + BB2 + CGX4 + patch RC5 as a "clean" install before copying Amikit over the parition, or did you install CGX after installing Amikit ?
I used first my AmiKit version disabling CyberbugFixAga, but later I had to change many programs. I installed BB4, but had to take out of the WBStartup "The". The best would be if you can start from the AmiKit from PC deleting UAEGfx from monitors and installing anothers, and using this s-s (modify it), add your libraries and datatypes and install CGX.

This was the thread I used: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=67751
Old 22 May 2013, 19:23   #80
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

where can i donwload the wallpaper with cannon fodder and back to the future ???