English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 14 October 2020, 14:28   #1
sovox

Sovox Compilation for CDTV

attention re-download the image if you have already downloaded it before 15:30 maybe there was an error for safety I redid the image

Sovox Compilation - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jWk...ew?usp=sharing

Hi everyone, here is an iso image I created for the commodore CDTV let's say definitive there are 70 games and then the workbench 1.3 with programs, mods, and much more to discover, you just have to download the image and burn at low speed, I for example or burned at 8X and the cd went to the first try, my idea was to create an iso with many more games and more but unfortunately I realized that the CDTV is too limited practically you can only insert executable files, and for those who do not know most of the floppies are no dos means that the files are not there and often where there are the files once put on cd they do not start, practically maybe 5% of the entire playground can be used which is almost nothing and then there is the problem of memory and incompatibility, all too limited to create something nice and easy to use.

once the cd is inserted, a text menu is loaded where you can type the corresponding number to load the game, for some games but mostly for adventures there is the possibility to select the Italian or English language, in the cd I tried to insert only games to be used only with the joystick in this case with the remote control and mostly to be used without a keyboard
bho see you download the image and test it for any problems you encounter and let me know.

Last edited by sovox; 14 October 2020 at 16:36.
Old 14 October 2020, 23:35   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Thank you
Old 14 October 2020, 23:52   #3
Pyromania

Coolness!
Old 15 October 2020, 00:54   #4
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovox View Post
and for those who do not know most of the floppies are no dos means that the files are not there and often where there are the files once put on cd they do not start
Yes this is also due to the little RAM otherwise some NoDOS game in WHDload version (JST compatible) could run.

Anyway you did a good job, i had done something similar for my CD32, for the CD32 with SX32 I had inserted also heavier games.
Old 15 October 2020, 08:43   #5
Z3k

Digging deep in the iso i was able to find even some sort of love letters written with C1-text. Added value!
Old 15 October 2020, 08:57   #6
DanyPPC

Good work Sovox !
Old 20 October 2020, 13:37   #7
sovox

i updated the iso image with other games

DOWNLOAD ISO for CDTV
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jWk...ew?usp=sharing

Old Yesterday, 11:24   #8
sovox

Here is the Sovox Compilation for your Commodore CDTV and an iso that I created with a lot of effort and a lot of time where you will find over 200 games, then there are adf files, programs and more, the cdtv is very limited, many incompatibility problems that they did not allow to insert well-known games, I tried to insert everything that I managed to make work, my idea was to insert only games to be used only with the remote control but unfortunately it was not possible for the few compatible games, to make to work at its best all it takes a keyboard and disk drive, most likely something could not work at the limit you report what does not work.
you can also use the iso in emulation with WinUA if you need to burn it for your CDTV burn at low speed type 8X
good fun
DOWNLOAD
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jWk...ew?usp=sharing