English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 March 2016, 09:34   #81
buzzybee

@Marcuz: Thank you very much, comments like yours plant flowers into my soul :-)

@Predseda: Sorry, I don´t really know what you mean by "bascode"?
Old 21 March 2016, 10:21   #82
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
@Marcuz: Thank you very much, comments like yours plant flowers into my soul :-)

@Predseda: Sorry, I don´t really know what you mean by "bascode"?
Barcode of course. Cannot be read, even in negative version.
Old 23 March 2016, 19:43   #83
utri007
mä vaan

Looks good.
Old 15 April 2016, 01:12   #84
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein?ty=h

Get your RESHOOT Patreon Demo!
Has anyone here tried the demo yet? I take it it is only available to Patrons?
Old 15 April 2016, 01:20   #85
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
Has anyone here tried the demo yet? I take it it is only available to Patrons?
So it seems. Hopefully someone can post a report soon.
Old 15 April 2016, 04:26   #86
buzzybee

It´s downloadable on the Patreon website, for everyone! Check this link:

http://reshoot.richard-loewenstein.de/
Old 15 April 2016, 04:35   #87
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
It´s downloadable on the Patreon website, for everyone! Check this link:

http://reshoot.richard-loewenstein.de/
Cant see the download link anywhere?
Old 15 April 2016, 08:07   #88
vulture

me neither, you may need to sign up to see it, which I tried to, but failed
Old 15 April 2016, 08:15   #89
mihcael
Zone Friend

click on the date above the entry, this will take you to the article where the lha archive should be visible.

Just gave it a shot in WinUAE, lots of graphical glitches.
Old 15 April 2016, 08:59   #90
vulture

yup found it, but after I finally managed to register, thx!

@buzzybee

do you think you'd be able to cram some parallax into it as well? great job so far!
Old 15 April 2016, 09:20   #91
funK

@buzzybee

I've just now become aware of your project, and it really looks awesome: I have registered an account on patreon in order to pledge your project, but are they really trying to charge me VAT?! What?!
Is there any alternative away to support you other than patreon? I don't know, maybe some kind of preordering for the full physical version?
Old 15 April 2016, 09:40   #92
buzzybee

@all: Good to know that you can´t see the link. I might have to edit my patreon post ...

@mihcael: No glitches on my A1200, also not on the Mac-version of FS-UAE. Could be something with theWinUAE emulator - can´t really do anything about that right now unfortunately, as I work with Mac and Amiga but not Windows.

@vulture: there is parallax in there. It´s just not as obvious as in most games, and should best be experienced with the full game ... :-)

@funK: Sorry, Patreon is the way to go for me right now. See, the thing is that each alternative funding or preordering platform needs to be taken care of of, and I rather spend my time on the game. There will be a boxed version of the game though ...

Last edited by buzzybee; 15 April 2016 at 10:44.
Old 15 April 2016, 10:04   #93
vulture

awesome! I've just seen the video so far, gonna play the demo when I get home at night.
Old 15 April 2016, 11:12   #94
funK

Quote:

@funK: Sorry, Patreon is the way to go for me right now. See, the thing is that each alternative funding or preordering platform needs to be taken care of of, and I rather spend my time on the game. There will be a boxed version of the game though ...
Well, if there's going to be a boxed version, perhaps you have already some kind of partner to actually manage its physical distribution? Or are you going to do everything in-house?
Either way, now that you've released a playable demo, full release surely can't be too far away, can't wait!
Old 15 April 2016, 11:30   #95
buzzybee

@funK: Yes, the game is nearing completion. Actually I do seek people you can help me with getting the game onto a CD32-bootable CD-ROM, and also some kind of distribution channel. Any hints appreciated :-)
Old 15 April 2016, 11:41   #96
funK

Quote:
@funK: Yes, the game is nearing completion. Actually I do seek people you can help me with getting the game onto a CD32-bootable CD-ROM, and also some kind of distribution channel. Any hints appreciated :-)
Since I've recently preordered/bought Tanks Furry through Amiga.net.pl and its release quality turned out to be pretty impressive considered the very low price tag, I'd advise you to try PM'ing juen right here on EAB.
Old 15 April 2016, 11:44   #97
Amigajay

Quote:
Earok is a master of all things CD32, I'm sure he would oblige you in helping getting it running on a CD32.

http://www.rgcd.co.uk/ are publishing Powerglove on the Amiga sometime this year, you could always try them as well.

https://pikointeractive.com/blog/new...ects-for-2016/ are planning to release Jim Power on the CD32, again someone else worth a try...
Old 15 April 2016, 15:06   #98
Amiga1992

I tried to run the demo on my expanded 030 A1200 config in WinUAE and it crashed, it's stuck on a grey screen with HALT3 displaying on status. It ran after I reet and tried again. Same happened when I switched to a 020 with no FPU config.

I couldn't play much, there is graphic corruption and the "ship" crashed when it hit the corrupted graphics!

[edit] SCRATCH THAT, this is why I shouldn't use WinUAE to test. The game works fine when "cycle exact" is selected.

Really love the look of the sprites though, and the abstract style. Good job.
Something I would change: the ship doesn't reach the far borders of the screen? That's kinda really weird. The enemies can, so sometimes you're shooting at nothing because you can't reach the attack wave as it approaches.

Last edited by Amiga1992; 15 April 2016 at 15:11.
Old 15 April 2016, 15:18   #99
buzzybee

@Akira: Great to know that the game actually works, even on WinUAE. Thanks for sharing that information! As for the border thing: good point. Never thought about that. Will see what I can change about that.
Old 15 April 2016, 15:22   #100
Amiga1992

Some more gameplay consulting! (I'm addicted to the demo can't put it down haha!):
- Enemies coming from behind have never been a good idea in shmups, especially if you don't have a weapon that shoots back. For a game reference that pulls the "enemies coming from behind" scheme pretty OK, look at the Thunderforce series.
- Those homing bullets are mean!
- Feels like it takes way too many shots to kill anything, I couldn't deal with those "snakes". I would favor attack waves more frequent//with more enemies than making the current ones so resilient.
- Given that it takes so long to kill anyone, I am mostly at the back of the screen and don't move much. You gotta incite movement for the player with the attack waves. Being so much in the back also makes it worse when enemies come from behind.

Non-gameplay advice:
The music gets lost under the shooting, perhaps because the chiptune instrument style of the tune is too similar to the sound effects of the main gun. It's a shame because it sounds like a pretty decent tune.

Anyway really glad you're making this game, looking forward and perhaps when I stop being hardly employed, I can contribute to your campaign.