English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 27 March 2017, 02:05   #21
buzzybee

@overflow: Thanks for taking the time to watch the video. As you are aware, it´s called "technical demo" and therefore is supposed to show what my engine is capable of.

What it does not show: The way the extra weapons work and lots of other details, some of which have yet to be defined and are also dependent on the support of my Patreon campaign.

The next video will show a lot more :-)
Old 30 March 2017, 12:47   #22
buzzybee

For german speaking connoisseurs only: I talked about the development of my 2016 Amiga-release RESHOOT at the recent RETROpulsiv event held in Augsburg. Title: Nightshift. Topic: How to develop an Amiga-game with modern tools. Have fun! [ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 March 2017, 14:24   #23
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Well done!
Old 30 March 2017, 15:00   #24
buzzybee

Just in case someone only wants to see the RESHOOT R technical demo featured within the RESHOOT development video: I cut this part into a quick video of its own and even added english subtitles for the non-german speaking community. Have fun! [ Show youtube player ]
Old 30 March 2017, 19:27   #25
Havie

Looks really promising - keep it up!
Old 30 March 2017, 21:06   #26
phx
Natteravn

Great presentation! The new game looks quite R-Typish. I like it.

(Your cross development environment has room for improvements )
Old 31 March 2017, 02:39   #27
buzzybee

@phx: I know. The one feature which I lacked mostly and still lack is how to use the built-in debugger from FS-UAE. I´d love to pause a game and watch a memory monitor in realtime, but somehow can´t get the whole debugger to init on my Mac. Any suggestions, for any improvements?
Old 31 March 2017, 06:03   #28
buzzybee

@phx: Actually you inspired me to try to launch and work with FS-UAEs built-in debugger again. Guess what – after I tried two times in the past months without success, it now took me just a couple of minutes to succeed. Great. Thanks!
Old 31 March 2017, 12:16   #29
phx
Natteravn

LOL
Always glad to help.

I'm mostly testing with E-UAE under NetBSD and MorphOS myself, where I just press CTRL-C in the shell at any point to debug the system.

A useful trick for working with the UAE internal debugger is to set breakpoints in your code with "dc.w $cf4f". This is an instruction which usually never occurs and has no effect at all (EXG A7,A7), so you can type "fi cf4f" in the UAE debugger to make it stop there.
Old 31 March 2017, 12:31   #30
buzzybee

Just tested your trick. Works, amazing - I´m right in there, debugging my sprite code. Very, very nice!
Old 06 July 2017, 13:32   #31
Overflow

Just reminding people of this;

https://www.patreon.com/loewenstein
Old 06 July 2017, 15:10   #32
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I have no AGA machine, so I am not your target public.

Just to say the game indeed seems to be more interesting than the first one IMO.. and the music is indeed fantastic. Technically is very impressive, it really reminds me of some Playstation 1 shmups, which is something amazing to achieve with an A1200.

Just a shame the main ship seems to have inertia, which is always a very bad idea for any shmup, and something that ruined many euro-shooters.

But excellent work , I really love to see people doing such polished games for our beloved machine, even if I can't play them
Old 06 July 2017, 15:19   #33
buzzybee

@Shatterhand: Thanks for your kind words. Let me tell you that the game will look a lot better than what you have seen so far. There have been so many enhancements since the last screenshots were published ...

Inertia has been reduced a lot since the predecessors, and i may even kill it totally at least when the player initialises changes of directions. It depends partly on the what the community says. Which is not too much so far; support has been stronger on the first game.
Old 06 July 2017, 15:59   #34
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzybee View Post
@Shatterhand: Thanks for your kind words. Let me tell you that the game will look a lot better than what you have seen so far. There have been so many enhancements since the last screenshots were published ...

Inertia has been reduced a lot since the predecessors, and i may even kill it totally at least when the player initialises changes of directions. It depends partly on the what the community says. Which is not too much so far; support has been stronger on the first game.
Veteran shmups players hate inertia. Shmups are about precise control and you can't have precise control with inertia. Take a look at all the top shmups in gaming history... stuff made by Toaplan, Cave ,Psikyo, Treasure, Raizing... none of those games have inertia on them. You drop the control, the ship instantly stops moving. That's how shmups are supposed to be

But veteran shmups players also hate Xenon 2, and it's a loved game in our community, so who knows
Old 06 July 2017, 16:58   #35
vulture

I'm with Shatterhand on this, inertia is a bad idea imo. Especially when the game requires much evading, it's an absolute no-no. Dunno why support isn't stronger on this one, it should be. Maybe some ppl were disappointed on how the first game came about and they're waiting to see more progress before committing. I for one, while I don't like the patreon idea and don't use it, I will definitely get Reshoot R as well when it becomes available!
Old 06 July 2017, 23:07   #36
Amiga1992

Yes, please no inertia. This was Project X's dumbest idea.
Lightning fast immediate movements is what we need

Regarding support, I think there's a bunch of people interested, just maybe not all of us can support the Patreon But I am definitely interested in purchasing this one this time around.

By the way,about that: please consider using a different publisher (PSytronik or RGCD), and offering a digital-only version for download alongside any physical release.
Old 06 July 2017, 23:37   #37
Amigajay

Why a different publisher? The last game was put together with very good quality, sure it was little expensive but the package was sound.
I don't think RGCD would get it out in the next year due to the back-log.

But yeah as Akira says people are interested, maybe not as vocal at this time, but if the game improves then yeah I would buy again.

Please add a local high score table that can save to nvram, I know you like you global score stuff but I don't think anyone used it, a local one would be great for game nights.
Old 07 July 2017, 01:23   #38
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Very good & impressive work so far Richard!
Generally design seems to tackle with most of the issues of the first game! I also love that backgrounf effect, neat!
Old 07 July 2017, 15:30   #39
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Why a different publisher?
To increase exposure, and I think last time around it was too expensive too. I think a place like Psytronik has the production system narrowed down in a way that is cheaper than other ventures. Also since they sell more stuff because they cover more platforms, this can help drive production costs down.
"AMiworx" has like, what, 3, 5 games published? All for Amiga. Half Backbone-made (actually make that all except Reshoot)

Last edited by Amiga1992; 07 July 2017 at 15:38.
Old 07 July 2017, 15:59   #40
viddi

Of course I work closely together with Richard.
We prefer quality made in Germany.
We may offer digital versions.

A new online shop is in the works.