English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 April 2018, 18:17   #1
amenophis
A1200.NET

IndieGoGo: New Compatible Amiga 500 Cases

Dear Amigans,

The A1200 Team and myself are happy to share with you our third Crowdfunding campaign.

►New Amiga 500(+) Compatible cases ◄

Campaign Link:
https://tiny.cc/a500case

Please note:

• The campaign is now in USD.
  • Previous campaign for the keycaps was in SGD.
  • This wasn't easy for some backers to notice right away.
  • One of the many advantages moving to Indiegogo was the option to chose the USD currency, alongside a bunch of other features they offer. Things that are not possible on Kickstarter.

Campaign informations:
The purpose of this new campaign is to create new molds for Amiga 500 computer cases.

With the Team we've decided to go for the A500+ case design with its larger badge. Since we'll provide nice Metal badges.

The molds will carry out the case shells, but also expansion doors, and Apollo Vampire ports adapter, Vampire V4 cradle and if everything goes as planned with the last stretch goal; Replacement shells for Tank Mouse will be available too.

As the bulk of the stress for the keycaps is now over.
We know we have the design and materials down. And are now waiting for our production slot and then go into labeling.
And this is 100% outsourced to our manufacturing partners.

Thus we now have the bandwidth to invest time in the next project and work on the design (which started already a few months ago with we had the Keycap Design set it stone)

Here a couple campaign details and case features:

• The campaign will last 45 days.
    - It can be expended to 60 days if necessary.
  • You can pledge on multiple rewards
    - Just send a message after your first pledge and we'll get back to you.
  • New run of Keycaps is planned
    - This will happen after all keycaps backers have received their rewards.
  • Case is a Replica of Original A500 case
  • Full support for Vampire accelerators
  • New trapdoor on the rear
  • Vented bottom trapdoor
  • Metal brass inserts & screws
  • Case Metal Badge
  • Rubber Foot
  • New Original A500 Color.
    New RED and GREEN Colors
  • New Tank Mouse Shells (Stretch Goal)

Thank you again for your support and for helping us to continue and renew necessary parts of the Amiga classics.

Cheers,
Phil
Team A1200NET

Special Editions

• Apollo Vampire Special Edition
    (Including Vampire SE Accessories Kit)

• [ Show youtube player ]
    - CAMPAIGN EXCLUSIVITY -
    - This Collectors edition is manufactured by scanavo.com

- [ Show youtube player ]

Old 07 April 2018, 18:48   #2
nexus

seriously you had to add vampire features to the case all i wanted was 1:1 original remake you guys messed up the a1200 cases i would have bought if it wasnt for the fact the lcd mod screws up the look if not used
Old 07 April 2018, 19:09   #3
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus View Post
seriously you had to add vampire features to the case all i wanted was 1:1 original remake you guys messed up the a1200 cases i would have bought if it wasnt for the fact the lcd mod screws up the look if not used

@Nexus,

• The case is 1:1 original.
  • Vampire features are removable!

Check the video intro on the Campaign page

Cheers,
Phil
Old 07 April 2018, 20:31   #4
nexus

are you ever going to redo the A1200 the same way?
Old 08 April 2018, 09:56   #5
Omolungo

Phil, the new run of keycaps for A500 will include the original color of keys belonging to A500 keyboard?

It was not white, most likely light beige with light grey color of functional keys
Old 08 April 2018, 11:51   #6
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omolungo View Post
Phil, the new run of keycaps for A500 will include the original color of keys belonging to A500 keyboard?

It was not white, most likely light beige with light grey color of functional keys

@Absolutely,

The Team added an "Original Amiga 500(+)" color for the A500 case campaign.

It will be the same for the next run of keycaps with a "Original A500(+) Keycaps set Theme"

Cheers,
Phil
Old 09 April 2018, 15:03   #7
amenophis
A1200.NET

Hello Amigans,

The campaign has ran for a full week now and it reached 33% of its Goal.

Many thanks to those who supported the campaign already

To all other Amigans do not hesitate to support and pledge on your desired Amiga 500 case.

This will help us to create new molds for Amiga 500.

Cheers,
Phil
Old 09 April 2018, 20:29   #8
Ragnarok

Already pledged for 2 keyboards!
Old 11 April 2018, 06:59   #9
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
Already pledged for 2 keyboards!

Thank you for your support Ragnarok

Cheers
Phil
Old 13 April 2018, 16:05   #10
amenophis
A1200.NET

Multiple Colors Available !

Old 13 April 2018, 18:40   #11
Amiga1992

OK this is nice and all, but we can't buy keycaps and A1200 cases, I can't help but feel "another campaign, but where's the old stuff?" I thought the main goal of these campaigns was to get the molds done. The A1200 molds have been done yet I can't still buy a case after so many years:
https://www.a1200.net/shop/

Also have the crowdfunded A1200 case all have been delivered?

I just don't get why after having made the molds, allegedly the most expensive/hardest part of the process ,we can't buy A1200 cases like the C64 new case people allow, but you are producing yet another type of case.

Don't mean to rub you wrong with my questions, I just feel like this is all a bit weird, and I for one and am sure MANY who couldn't/wouldn't back the A1200 project originally, would want to have a case and/or new keycaps now after what, your second successful crowdfunding campaign? And wouldn't selling new cases also help you finance new R&D for products like this? And maybe even, hopefully, make some well deserved money?

Good job on the effort, as always, though. I know it isn't hard to come up with these. I just wish you would maybe make me feel like the cycle for previous crowdfunded projects has ended fully and successfully(with the possibility for anyone to buy new cases today) so you can focus on a new one.
Old 14 April 2018, 06:41   #12
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
The A1200 molds have been done yet I can't still buy a case after so many years:
Says they will get stock in May 2018:
http://amigastore.eu/en/468-brand-ne...new-molds.html

It makes little sense to start a new production right now that the project is still so fresh and there's still leftovers.

And I'm sure the key caps are very close to being on the way. Even backers have not received them yet, so surely they will not make new ones right now. It also took a little while until someone picked up the C64 molds and manufactured some new cases.
Old 14 April 2018, 06:44   #13
amenophis
A1200.NET

@Demolition,

You beat me to it haha.

I figured I'll detail a bit more as to -why- it took time for A1200 cases to hit the shelves.

And yes keycaps mass production is at the corner, we're just waiting the last keycaps set sample with correct labels.

This will be published through a campaign update

Thanks Demolition, and thank you for your support!

Quote:
OK this is nice and all, but we can't buy keycaps and A1200 cases, I can't help but feel "another campaign, but where's the old stuff?" I thought the main goal of these campaigns was to get the molds done. The A1200 molds have been done yet I can't still buy a case after so many years:

Thank you for your comment Akira.

Regarding A1200 cases distribution.
It was never a question for the team to distribute cases directly by ourselves and through our website.
You're mistaken here.
Instead we wanted to manufacture cases for wholesalers and Amiga dealers, online & physical shops.

This information is available on the FAQ page within the "Where to Buy?" section.
And we also have a "Where To Buy" page on team's website!

Distribution takes a lot of time to setup.
The reason is that distributors have to estimate how many cases they'd like to order (stock) to the wholesalers.

When this long process is done, wholesaler comes back to us with a QTY of cases they like to get (and in which colors).

Another important fact is that the team can't produce 10 or 20 cases only.
It's an industrial process where to make cases requires a MOQ of 500 cases PER COLOR. And this implies serious production costs.

So all in all, distributing cases to Amiga dealers took a long time and there is nothing we could do about that.

Quote:
Also have the crowdfunded A1200 case all have been delivered?
That's a strange question. Why would they not?
All cases have been dispatched of course.

Quote:
I just don't get why after having made the molds, allegedly the most expensive/hardest part of the process ,we can't buy A1200 cases like the C64 new case people allow, but you are producing yet another type of case.

That is not the case
The C64c new cases came from existing molds. These cases where produced after a first crowdfunding campaign to just manufacture the cases.

Then the molds were sold to Individual Computers in Germany, where they made a new run of cases after adjusting the molds.

You have to put the two products timelines side by side, and you'll understand that we do not work the same way.
IC is distributing cases by themselves, playing solo.
We don't and want to add "value" to the Amiga distribution network.
It takes more time and preparation.
And that's whats currently ongoing.

In fact, New Amiga 1200 cases for distributors are currently being produced as we speak and they'll be on shelves in May!

Quote:
Don't mean to rub you wrong with my questions, I just feel like this is all a bit weird, and I for one and am sure MANY who couldn't/wouldn't back the A1200 project originally, would want to have a case and/or new keycaps now after what, your second successful crowdfunding campaign? And wouldn't selling new cases also help you finance new R&D for products like this? And maybe even, hopefully, make some well deserved money?

You ask questions, I answer. Easy
However a bit of reading on the team FAQ page and Where To Buy page would have gave you much answers already, if you don't mind me saying.

The Amiga market isn't that big I'm sure you know.
Thats the reason why the team goes through crowdfunding campaign.
No individual or company would want to invest 130K+ in molds and cases without being sure someone is there willing to take them.

Amiga 1200 cases will be available to the market shortly.
It's not about IF, it's about WHEN. (May)

It's not because a product didn't hit the shelves when you expect them to that it means there's an issue.
Please understand the level of industrial processes this requires, and that the team is not Microsoft nor Logitech, those can order factories to do their bidding at will anytime they want.

The team is a small player among the smallest players.
We literally have to wait our turn for factories to have free production slots for us to process, and we can request such slots ONLY when we know QTY and details of production... Once the wholesalers and distris knows what they want.

Hope that is clear for you now.

Quote:
Good job on the effort, as always, though. I know it isn't hard to come up with these. I just wish you would maybe make me feel like the cycle for previous crowdfunded projects has ended fully and successfully(with the possibility for anyone to buy new cases today) so you can focus on a new one.

It *IS* hard to come up with these.
Or maybe that's a typo?

-Cycle for A1200 project is finished as in -done-.
-Cases will be available shortly, as I explained already.

Thanks a lot for your questions Akira.
If I may, you should have followed our projects carefully or visited the teams FAQ page to get all these info.

Or at least message us directly, as we answer all emails.

The information I just gave you through your questions are well known info.

- And thank you for your support on the Amiga 500 case campaign.

We need all amigans support to make these molds.
The same way we needed all of you to make molds for the Amiga 1200 cases.

Cheers,
Phil
Old 16 April 2018, 16:26   #14
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenophis View Post
It *IS* hard to come up with these.
Or maybe that's a typo?
Totally a damn typo, sorry!!!

As for why I ask about the A1200 cases? I am not a backer and I haven't read anything about updates of course.

I was Waiting to see the cases pop up in Amiga shops as you said (not direct sale necessarily, sorry if I confused you with that) but as you said they are not ready yet. It's not like I *expected* them to sell at any point, I just thought "it's been a damn long time since that campaign, why are the case still not at Amiga shops?".

MEA CULPA on not following your project more deeply, I do get all my news from what you post here at EAB, so thanks for clearing that up. I'm just a generally interested party, I'm afraid I usually just cannot afford realistically this kinda thing for machines I have that already have a case, but I follow as close as I can with much interest and I was a bit puzzled so that's why I asked all that. Thanks for going through the bother of answering the questions.
Old 17 April 2018, 14:12   #15
amenophis
A1200.NET

@Akira,

No problem, and thanks for your questions.
At least reading your questions and my answers might help other Amigans

@ALL,

► NEW AMIGA 500 CASES ◄

- You own an Amiga 500?
> Renew your case and help to make this great opportunity become a reality.

Support the campaign and help!
  • Help Amigans to get new cases
  • Help and support the Amiga 500 so that he gets his new case the same way the A1200 did!

SUPPORT HERE

Old 22 April 2018, 15:04   #16
BarryB
Amigaholic

Seems Indiegogo (or the site that hosts it) has blocked IE11? I don't use (nor want) any other browser and Edge is removed from my version of Windows 10 so it's a No Go for Indiegogo!!
Old 22 April 2018, 20:32   #17
-=ARA=-

So what is the difference between the standard case and the "vampire A500"?
Is it possible to install a vampire standalone card in the standard "uniqe solo" A500 case?

I´m a little bit confused here...
Old 23 April 2018, 06:57   #18
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Seems Indiegogo (or the site that hosts it) has blocked IE11? I don't use (nor want) any other browser and Edge is removed from my version of Windows 10 so it's a No Go for Indiegogo!!

Thank you for your feedback BarryB.

You certainly understand that blocking IE11 isn't of our doing.
Face it, IE11 is an outdated browser.

It is your choice not willing to keep up with modern browsers.

However:
► De-installing EDGE or renaming it's folder in systemapps can lead to instabilities.

► If you still don't want to use a modern browser on your computer,
you can use your mobile phone or tablet, or any other device, to support the campaign and support the Amiga.

Thank you for your support

Cheers,
Phil

Last edited by amenophis; 23 April 2018 at 07:15.
Old 23 April 2018, 07:11   #19
amenophis
A1200.NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=ARA=- View Post
So what is the difference between the standard case and the "vampire A500"?
Is it possible to install a vampire standalone card in the standard "uniqe solo" A500 case?

I´m a little bit confused here...

Hi ARA,

Thank you for your question.

Yes ALL cases can get the vampire standalone cradle + ports mount.

As you can see, description of each reward contains this:
"The Case includes: - Case Metal Badge - Screws for metal inserts - Rubber Feets - Apollo Vampire features "

Difference between Apollo Special Edition VS. Standard cases are
  • Apollo Mug + Mousepad.
  • Apollo Case badge (Metal)
  • Apollo Vampire SE Accessories Kit

Thank you for your support ARA

Cheers,
Phil
Old 23 April 2018, 12:19   #20
Mr.Flibble

Hi Phil,

Quick question - for the new cases projects, did you ever manage to get an exact colour code reference for the all the old case colours? (Not just the A1200 & A500)

I know it's a question which has cropped up more than once on the various forums.