English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware pics

Old 26 August 2007, 12:32   #41
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@gizmomelb

I am still waiting on some components, but hopefully it wont be much longer.
Old 26 August 2007, 19:57   #42
nujack
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@gizmomelb

I am still waiting on some components, but hopefully it wont be much longer.
I`m interested in this piece of hardware too. If you have made a pal-version can I buy one adapter from you please?
I have not the technical skills to do it by myself.
Is it possible to use this adapter together with a TV-card in my A4000 with Mediator-board? If so then this is the ultimate solution for a one-monitor-system. I plan to use the S-Video input from a TV-card to get a picture for PAL/NTSC-games on my LCD-Screen. At the moment I have to use 2 monitors(one for GFX-card and one for PAL/NTSC).

Bye

nujack
Old 27 August 2007, 01:08   #43
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I'd buy one too if the price was fair enough.
Old 27 August 2007, 11:45   #44
DrF
Blessed A1200 Of TeH Rat

I'd buy 2 PAL units at least
Old 30 August 2007, 03:39   #45
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Okies as a redesign for an external unit, and to say thanks to narmi.

heres an *EXTERNAL* PAL ONLY version

known as a "Narmi External"

heres the board (clicky to enlarge)

Here is the component list

and here is the eagle board

now all i have to do is pursade (bribe) some *american* eab members to buy some compoents for me by proxy!!!

I found a company that

(a) stocks 23pin Female DSUB's...
(b) even ships to the UK
(b) charges arround $40 for a 6 days to 2 week international postage time.

so i need help...

Last edited by Zetr0; 30 August 2007 at 13:45. Reason: updating component list and links
Old 30 August 2007, 05:41   #46
gizmomelb

thanks heaps for sharing Zetr0, I'm hoping to make at least one of these myself (if I can't find an LCD with RGB/SCART inputs - not so common in Australia).

just an fyi, you missed the AD724JR video encoder in the component list (no biggie, it's fairly obvious you need one).
Old 30 August 2007, 07:57   #47
narmi
Guru Meditation Error

@Zetro: That clock crystal is too big. The one I bought from Newark was half the width of what I put in my layout. Where did you find a 23-pin DSUB connector? The only place I've seen them is at RP Electronics (local shop), and they don't have PCB-mount types.

I do have a list of things I want to buy from Newark, but they charge $12 for shipping (fast shipping though), and they have a $25 minimum order for Canadian orders. If you want to do a combined order, let me know. The parts you need can easily fit in a bubble envelope and be sent for $5-$10 depending on the weight (air mail).

FYI, the AD724JR has been replaced with the AD724JRZ. The new part meets the new RoHS (lead free, etc) requirements, and is functionally equivalent (it's what I used).
Old 30 August 2007, 08:07   #48
keropi

I just saw this! great job Z and narmi! looks sweet !
Old 30 August 2007, 12:24   #49
tigrr

Thanks Zetr0!
Do you also have the Eagle schematic file (.sch) for that (as well as the internal PAL/NTSC version)?

By the way, there's also an AD725 which has something called a "Luma trap". It's supposed to improve the quality of the composite signal.
Do you (or anyone else) have any experiences with it?

Old 30 August 2007, 14:01   #50
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Gizmomelb
Its an open-source project my friend, I doubt i would be interested in it if i couldn`t share it , a lot of HUGE thanks must got to Narmi, for i admit... these designs here would not be if he wasn`t here to *guide* them (and lets not forget also to point out where i had completely borked it!)

for all your info's I have updated the parts list for "U2" including the AD724JR / JRZ and the AD725 (albiet untested)

@Keropi-san

Thank you...

@tigrr

More than welcome, hmmm i never bothered with e schematic as narmi and neobits had a route trace and net that i worked from

http://www.neobitz.com/Pages/Mods/Neobitz-S_DIY.aspx

heres a functional diagram of the AD724

and heres the AD724 - Functional Block Diagram

indeed i have heard rumour that the AD725 was also compatible . but i have very little experience with these types of devices.

@narmi

I blame eagle for the size of that crystal... the free version doesn`t have that much choice! damn them.... (i'l sub it later when no -ones looking lol )

A combined order is what i have been *subtly* hinting at... i think its a good idea i will be speding arround the 60$ CAD. when do you plan your next order and i will try and co-inside mine to that sir! (i thank you.) obviously i will make sure that you are well sorted with funds before you even place the order

hmmm 23pin F D'Subs are indeed a problem... its all comes down to CBM and thier un-willingless to adhere to an industry standarrd since 1954.. like you; all i can find is 23pin Fe dsubs (not PCB right angled) and irony would have it (after 2 hours of googling) all i could find them at was indeed RP Electronics so bonus points for them... but points take away as there seem no PCB mounted 23pin Female.... only thing i can think of is that CBM patented it or copywrighted it in some stupid way.

bad commodore.... infact i had even draw my own component library for it in eagle... so i do wonder if they commercially exist. However I do like some of them enclosures from RPE too they look very nice... and the liquid flux and a few other items too... shame about the 23pin PCB fe dsubs though.... meh... my search continues...

Last edited by Zetr0; 30 August 2007 at 14:14. Reason: some spelling mistakes, gramar mistakes.. over all i gave myself a grade of "C-"
Old 30 August 2007, 15:45   #51
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Problems with sourcing 23pin DSubs seem to be the best reason I can see for internal fitting!!!
Old 30 August 2007, 16:57   #52
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

When i get round to building this into my a600, i am going to remove the tv-tuner and comp me thinks... and just in its place SVideo.... may lose the RGB too.... hmmm have to consider this....
Old 31 August 2007, 19:37   #53
mrodfr

hello,

The project look great and verry interesting. Thanks to all involved on this project.

the external verion is verry interesting because easy to fit. I will definitely buy one PAL version if possible.

One question: the design of the external (drawing, compoments,...) give as result a high end interface for svideo, comp or the design could be improved again (better compoments for example) ????

take a look some minuts on the electronical shop in france I know but only 9-15-25 sub-d available (not 23).

(hum, maybe, not at all my domain 100% and sure I said a mistake):

http://aainformatique.free.fr/aai/tarifs/cable.htm

DB23FT SUB-D 23 POINTS MALE A SOUDER 15

DB23MT SUB-D 23 POINTS MALE A SOUDER 14

or here:

http://www.stquentin.net/fiche_subd....b9830d000d7dfd

SUB D MALE 23BR A SOUDER
4.30 ¤ ttc/1 - 3.87 ¤ ttc/10

SUB D FEM 23BR A SOUDER
4.60 ¤ ttc/1 - 4.14 ¤ ttc/10

bye.

Last edited by mrodfr; 31 August 2007 at 20:01.
Old 31 August 2007, 20:36   #54
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Thanks for the sources mrodfr, now to see if they ship to the UK
Old 31 August 2007, 21:50   #55
narmi
Guru Meditation Error

@tigrr: There is a zip file containing an Eagle project linked from one of my earlier posts in this thread. The AD725 can be used with some modification, as it does not have the same pinout. It also requires a different clock crystal (4x higher). I didn't think the luma trap was worth it, since there is a high quality s-video output available. Also, my original design was NTSC only, so I was able to leave out the clock crystal and use the clock from the Amiga (not possible with AD725).

@Zetro: I've already filled my cart at Newark with ~$8 work of parts. If you want to do a combined order, PM me a list of Newark part numbers for the stuff you want. Here's some stuff I bought for the video encoder:

AD724JRZ
4.43MHz Crystal
20pF Capacitor

I had to buy a 100-pack of 75-ohm resistors, so don't bother looking that up. I'll just give you some.
Old 01 September 2007, 02:21   #56
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Hmmm i caught this late... lol...

no worries thanks Narmi... expect a little pm in the morning (well uk time LOL)

hmmm sites a little slow ... as in not loading.... fear not.... its prolly services... i will try again in the morning.
Old 01 September 2007, 07:21   #57
mrodfr

Quote:
apparently, no online shop, a catalog for 1.5 euros and a mail: sqr@tiscali.fr

NOTE:

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/computer3.htm
http://www.amabilidade2002.com/computer12.htm

NOTE2:

http://www.rpelectronics.com/Default...Div_30_300.asp

DBF-23

also amigacenter seemed to sell (not clear on the site, even in french

http://www.amigacenter.com/BOUTIKAMI...xport/c26.html

Last edited by mrodfr; 02 September 2007 at 07:24.
Old 06 September 2007, 17:24   #58
nujack
Zone Friend

Quote:
The guy in the following thread is offering 23 pol. SUB-D parts (new) for 80 ct:
http://www.amiga-news.de/forum/threa...117&BoardID=14
If you like I can buy the parts for you. Let me know.
Bye
nujack
Old 07 September 2007, 02:20   #59
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@nujack

Thank you for your offer my friend, Narmi has me sorted out this time round but I have a feeling these little beasties are going to be hot-cakes! so i am likely to ask for your help in the future
Old 13 September 2007, 08:31   #60
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
If you want to get S-Video out of the A1200/A600, you don't need many components. The Sony video encoder chip near the PSU connector already has the required outputs, you just need a few capacitors and the S-Video connector.

You can use the CD32 schematics as reference, the correct circuit is depicted there.
http://aminet.net/package/docs/hard/S-Video_A1200

Here's the package I was blabbering about. Very cheap high quality s-video from your A1200/A600. :-)