English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 17 January 2005, 23:46   #1
Unregistered

real Amiga HD under WinUAE

I've got a real Amiga HD that I was able to mount under WinUAE and see the contents just fine. I wanted to make this drive a boot drive with Workbench 3.1 installed. I was able to quick format the drive, but I was getting errors when installing to it. I then formatted the drive in Win XP and no longer could get it to mount in WinUAE (I know, it has to be an Amiga format or empty drive). Problem is now I completely wiped the drive (no filesystem - no partitions) and it still will not work with WinUAE. How much more empty can it get. There's no way I can make it Amiga formatted because I don't have a drive to boot my Amiga with (no floppies). How else can I get this drive to mount or is there another way I can make this drive Amiga formatted. Thanks for any good ideas.

Dominik

Old 18 January 2005, 10:33   #2
Puzzle

Uhm. First, get the latest WinUAE (if you are using Windows, that is). Add the drive in the "Harddrives"-tab. You might have to use some command-line options in order to get WinUAE to use the drive - if you do, please say so in your reply.

Next, boot from the Workbench-install disk. Find HDToolbox, and copy it to the RAM-disk. Click once on the HDToolbox-icon in RAM:, select the "Icons"-menu, and then "Information". In the tooltypes, change the value of "SCSI_DEVICE_NAME" to "uaehf.device" (it will probably say "scsi.device").

Save the changes, and start HDToolbox. You should now be able to partition and format your harddrive.