English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 January 2018, 21:09   #761
Mq

@Sinphaltimus:
1. Just delete this folder. Is it needed by You for something on the pendrive?
2. Autoselection is configurable in FF config file. See example config file it's described inside.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:17   #762
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
1. Is there anyway to get the GoTek to NOT show the "System Volume Information" folder?
Erase that shit.
Dunno why you get them, my pendrives don't have it, only NTFS volumes do.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:28   #763
Sinphaltimus

I believe it's needed by windows when inserted in a windows PC which I do to load it up. If I delete it, windows will just put it back AFAIK,

OK found this:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/preven...ion-folder-usb

I'll have to visit the FF Wiki and readup on this config file a bit more. I'm running configless at the moment and wasn't sure what the pros/cons were adding a config file because of the rotary mod.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:34   #764
Mq

In the release zip file You have example of config file. I'm running configless too, but You can set all options You need in the config file, and then FF save settings in the Gotek. After reset Gotek You can delete config file, and the Gotek will remember last saved config.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:37   #765
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mq View Post
In the release zip file You have example of config file. I'm running configless too, but You can set all options You need in the config file, and then FF save settings in the Gotek. After reset Gotek You can delete config file, and the Gotek will remember last saved config.
Oh snap! That's great to know. I'll be off to the wiki soon enough to read what and how to use the config. I would have run off and did it by now but I'm (and this is typical) and always in the middle of at least 3 things at once. So I try to cut down on time by asking here. Thanks for the answers folks. Really do appreciate it.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:42   #766
Keir

Quote:
1. Is there anyway to get the GoTek to NOT show the "System Volume Information" folder? Yes, it's a windows hidden folder but it still shows up on the GoTek display.
Oh, that is already fixed in this release. I forgot to mention it in the feature list

Quote:
2. When using the rotary to browse ADF files, if I take too long (just about a second or two) then the adf I'm looking at loads. Even if I eject it, the same behaviour happens if I pause too long on the next ADF. Would be nice if an ADF did not load at all unless the select button is pushed or if the time could be increased. If it's the only adf in the root upon power on (to boot to adf) would be an exception. Happens with the dir up (..) as well. I'll be browsing a directory and before I know it I'm looking at .. and then I'm up a directory level before I can dial away from it.

Are these things that can be adjust with a config file? (going back to my original list of questions and my concerns about my current setup).
As others have said, yes you can fix it in FF.CFG. There is an example config in the release distribution, and the options are also documented on the flashfloppy wiki.
Old 17 January 2018, 21:54   #767
Sinphaltimus

I dunno why I didn't just hit the wiki sooner... Wow, the config file takes care of everything and makes the Gotek so much better than I thought it was. Thank you very much for this.

EDIT: I noticed that my display is not scrolling at all until after I select and ADF. Once an ADF is selected, the scroll works to show the full name of the adf, the scrolling continues if ejected but as soon as I browse to the next adf, there is no scrolling taking place.

Last edited by Sinphaltimus; 17 January 2018 at 22:05. Reason: Added more info - possible bug?
Old 17 January 2018, 22:06   #768
Sinphaltimus

I dunno if editing my previous response will flag it as new unread or not, I was trying to avoid a double post - but here goes:

I noticed that my display is not scrolling at all until after I select an ADF. Once an ADF is selected, the scroll works to show the full name of the adf, the scrolling continues if ejected but as soon as I browse to the next adf, there is no scrolling taking place.
Old 17 January 2018, 22:13   #769
Keir

Quote:
I dunno if editing my previous response will flag it as new unread or not, I was trying to avoid a double post - but here goes:

I noticed that my display is not scrolling at all until after I select an ADF. Once an ADF is selected, the scroll works to show the full name of the adf, the scrolling continues if ejected but as soon as I browse to the next adf, there is no scrolling taking place.
That is current behaviour, yes. I should either summarise/digest long filenames in navigation mode, or fast scroll through the whole filename every few seconds (and at least once before starting the auto-select timer).
Old 17 January 2018, 22:58   #770
wmsteele

Have just upgraded to an oled display and rotary controller, have gone native as well (!) with a few tweaks to the example config file... simply amazing!
Old 18 January 2018, 10:36   #771
solidcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmsteele View Post
Have just upgraded to an oled display and rotary controller, have gone native as well (!) with a few tweaks to the example config file... simply amazing!
Pics? also oled name/model thanks.
Old 18 January 2018, 23:52   #772
wmsteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidcore View Post
Pics? also oled name/model thanks.

olde was this one... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IIC-I2C-0...72.m2749.l2649

Last edited by wmsteele; 18 January 2018 at 23:58.
Old 19 January 2018, 11:31   #773
Mq

Hi. I noticed something with rotary encoders. I bought some different encoders, and some of them has inverted CLK and DT pins. I know there is a description in the wiki, that if directional controls are inverted: swap the A and B (aka CLK, DT) wires.
Kaffer, is it possible to place option for swap that two signals as option in the config file? I think it's simple to implement such option, and It will allow user to simple choose direction of rotation which user like.
Old 19 January 2018, 16:04   #774
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mq View Post
Hi. I noticed something with rotary encoders. I bought some different encoders, and some of them has inverted CLK and DT pins. I know there is a description in the wiki, that if directional controls are inverted: swap the A and B (aka CLK, DT) wires.
Kaffer, is it possible to place option for swap that two signals as option in the config file? I think it's simple to implement such option, and It will allow user to simple choose direction of rotation which user like.
Yes quite easy to do but is it not easy to check and swap at install time, once per batch of encoders? Would anyone seriously prefer the encoder to operate the wrong way round?
Old 19 January 2018, 17:45   #775
Mq

Ok, upon reflection, I think it's unnecessary option, but I thought about it, because I built modded Gotek for friend, send it to him, he mount it inside Atari ST, and now he ask me for possibility of change encoder's directions. I soldered encoder without checking directions, because I didn't know some encoders are with swapped pinout.

I post it here to note everyone that some encoders are swapped, so You must check them while You mount them.

I thought maybe there are more people who want to swap direction without opening Gotek, especially if it is mounted inside computer or other device. I just though maybe it's good idea with simple additional option, but if not, then no problem and I'm sorry for confusion - on the other hand it's probably one time operation to swap two cables.
Ok, Kaffer, if no one want it, then don't do it, and forget about it:-)
Old 29 January 2018, 12:48   #776
Keir

New release v0.9.7a
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads

- Performance & reliability improvements (eg. Github issues #35, #44)
- FF.CFG: host=akai, support Akai synths with 1.6MB HD IMG files

P.S. Next release should be more interesting for Amiga users. I aim to improve reliability of X-Copy (and disk copiers more generally) on a wider range of USB drives.

Last edited by Keir; 29 January 2018 at 13:18.
Old 08 February 2018, 12:44   #777
Keir

New release v0.9.8a
https://github.com/keirf/FlashFloppy/wiki/Downloads

- Pipelined writes: More reliable write/format/disk-copy operation with slower USB drives
- FF.CFG: Allow OLED display to be rotated 180 degrees (upside down)
- FF.CFG: Support BBC Micro with 8271 controller

Pipelined writes particularly useful for back-to-back unverified write operations (disk copy, disk format), especially Amiga which nearly always does whole-track writes at a time.
Old 10 February 2018, 15:22   #778
patzik

I have a small problem with the rotary, I think i wired it correctly but it seems to turn the wrong way. Bigger issue is that it sometimes registers one ‘click’ the wrong way.
So turning it one way increases the floppy position several times, the decreases it one position and then increases it again, and so on....
Old 11 February 2018, 21:14   #779
Keir

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzik View Post
I have a small problem with the rotary, I think i wired it correctly but it seems to turn the wrong way. Bigger issue is that it sometimes registers one ‘click’ the wrong way.
So turning it one way increases the floppy position several times, the decreases it one position and then increases it again, and so on....
You can reverse the direction by swapping over the A, B connections (aka DAT, CLK).

The other oddity might just be a dodgy encoder, perhaps try another, they're cheap and cheerful.
Old 12 February 2018, 00:07   #780
ikonsgr

And another good news regarding compatibility: i've just got info from a friend of mine that gotek with flash floppy works perfect with ORIC 1 & ATMOS too!