Old 21 February 2019, 11:17   #183
NLS
Ancient User

???
I think it takes less than 5 minutes.
Old 21 February 2019, 11:18   #184
DamienD
Banned

NLS, if it's so easy then why is this thread full of people requesting help / assistance?
Old 21 February 2019, 15:25   #185
NLS
Ancient User

I don't know.

10 pages for a thread started 4 years ago and including non-assistance-request posts also, is not that much.

Some people ask for help before attempting something themselves at all. I have done that myself too, I admit it - when I don't have much time and I want to have all the info ready when I start something.

In any case,
1) run latest setup (once for GB)
2) (optional) drop jGB on GB install if you want the newer Java based GB
3) extracting in GB a GB collection
4) running GB, detects new GB DB, runs wizard with 3-4 simple questions (which are basically "where are the emulators", "where are the data")
...is hardly complex.
Old 21 February 2019, 16:00   #186
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
NLS, if it's so easy then why is this thread full of people requesting help / assistance?

Because people are accustomed to get ready-to-play setups. It's indeed pretty easy to setup gamebase. I never use the wizard assistent which comes with all of these Gamebase collections. It's basically setting all paths to all files, select the emulator/musicplayer and scan the available files. No rocket science.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 21 February 2019 at 16:31.
Old 14 March 2019, 10:33   #187
Taylan Can

Any news from Belgarath ?
Old 14 March 2019, 10:37   #188
NLS
Ancient User

About what?
Old 12 July 2019, 17:08   #189
bobrpggamer

I am in the process of testing all WHDload game extras and making a list of ones I cannot get working no matter the place I find the game and adding what game closest to the game requested will work, like:

Aladdin (AGA) wants "Aladdin_v1.5_AGA_0420" but is "Aladdin_v1.7_AGA_0420"
Alien Breed II - The Horror Continues (AGA) wants "AlienBreed2_v1.3_AGA_0044" but is "AlienBreed2_v1.4_AGA_0044"

So when I am done I would like to add the pack of games that I get ready to the FTP and was wondering how I would label it. Like GameBase 2.0 WHDload games "working" or something. I will also scan the files for viruses before I upload, even though my WHDload packs come from respected places.

These games cannot be found to work from multiple versions with the default WHDload loader in Gamebase 2.0:

1869 (AGA) German
4D Sports Boxing
Ace Ball
Ace Ball (AGA)
The Adventures of Willy Beamish
Alien Breed 3D 2
Altered Destiny
B.C. Kid
Back To The Future Part 3

Everyone gives me a screen like the one I added here. I will just add the closest versions to the pack. So if the database wants version 1.1 and there is versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and so on so I will add 1.2 which is the closest version is probably more compatible with Gamebase.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4dsportsboxing_v1_001.png
Views:	164
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	63717  

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 12 July 2019 at 17:39.
Old 12 July 2019, 17:24   #190
NLS
Ancient User

I am everywhere.
Except where I am banned.

A good name would be something like "GB Amiga 2.0 Updated WHDLoad 2019-7".
(because after a year, some games will again be replaced with newer, so there needs to be an indication when this version is made)

Will you only make a list or also update the database?
Old 12 July 2019, 19:59   #191
Viceroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylan Can View Post
i dont think so
Nor do I, I gave up!
Old 12 July 2019, 20:31   #192
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
I am everywhere.
Except where I am banned.

A good name would be something like "GB Amiga 2.0 Updated WHDLoad 2019-7".
(because after a year, some games will again be replaced with newer, so there needs to be an indication when this version is made)

Will you only make a list or also update the database?
I was going to make a directory with #,A,B,C and so on and add the Zips into it and then make the list like I stated with not working games and any name changes necessary. I could try to update the database but I really wanted to just add the files so guys can just drop in the folder and start playing. The database really is a bit out of my league and I do not want to make any mistakes and screw anything up.

"GB Amiga 2.0 Updated WHDLoad 2019-7" sounds like a good choice for a directory name so I will use that.

You know I asked to be removed from membership on pleasuredome and that was a big mistake. So I actually banned myself so I would not make any more ridiculous posts and mainly for the benefit of the site. A bit of an idiot move there.

Some guys on pleasuredome gave me some good advice on the site, including keeping personal issues and off topic posts in the "Off Topic Forum" to a minimum. so I keep that in mind elsewhere.

You know I really loved those guys and it was a great site and you were my favorite Amiga guy there. Your famous quote "The Amiga was the best computer ever made". If you ever get a chance, let them know I have no bad feelings about them at all and I hope the best for them.

@Taylan Can: I had Gamebase Amiga 1.6 experience and that helped me get Gamebase 2.0 going, so I may be able to help if I can just let me know.

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 13 July 2019 at 02:27. Reason: TMI
Old 18 July 2019, 11:30   #193
bobrpggamer

I am still going through the WHDload and making a spreadsheet to reference changes in the files. I decided to do this with SPS as well as some are not working. I am at "R" now in the WHDload folder now.

First I am going to make a folder of WHDload and SPS that work in the original GameBase 2.0 so you can just drop in the folder and start using it and upload it when I am done, along with the spreadsheet and txt documents.

After that I might make a new "unofficial" database (its obviously not my project to do that) and add the newest WHDload installs and add extra content such as PDF manuals and code-sheet JPG's for SPS games not cracked.

I have not much else to do with my time now so I guess I will adopt it as a side project and I will only name it as "unofficial" and upload it - if I get that far.

Here is my progress so far, best to turn of word-wrap with the long filenames. The misc section is just for reference and does not really make any difference.
Attached Files
File Type: txt GameBase 2.0 Games.txt (8.6 KB, 178 views)

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 18 July 2019 at 11:42.
Old 18 July 2019, 13:30   #194
NLS
Ancient User

Good luck finishing the project.
And then maybe really name it 2.5 officially.
(there is already a 2.1)
Old 22 July 2019, 07:08   #195
bobrpggamer

I finished testing all of the WHDload installs to match the GameBase 2.0 database to the point of where they brought up the WHDload screen (gamename version 1.2 etc) and then I stopped right before the game loaded, I did not go much further than that. The games listed in the attachments that do not work will not make it to the WHDload screen or will error out before loading.

I renamed the following titles in the "GameBase 2.0 WHDload Not Working or Renamed Games.txt" as well so they will load with the default database. I did not update or do anything to the database at all.

The Misc section is just reference, the games work, they are just mis-matched or something is off with them.

Again I did not go to the game loading screen on almost all games, so if they do not work it is the game itself, I just wanted to make a simple drop-in folder where all the games at least go to the WHDload screen and not error. All you have to do is drop the WHDload folder into the Gamebase extras folder.

I included a Spreadsheet that will help me later for updating to newer installs it will list all of the games as well in detail. I also included the games that did not work for me but may be tweaked to work on your own, in the Not Working folder.

I will upload them as bobrpggamer\GB Amiga 2.0 Updated WHDLoad 2019-7

Files are:
WHDload Folder (all Gamebase 2.0 WHDload games)
Not Working Folder
Documents.rar
Virus Scan Not Working Folder.txt (yeah I am that anal)
Virus Scan WHDload Folder.txt
Readme.txt

I hope this helps.

I will work on the SPS disks to make sure they load and make a list of the ones not loading, replace or rename as necessary.
Attached Files
File Type: txt GameBase 2.0 WHDload Not Working or Renamed Games.txt (8.2 KB, 167 views)
Old 22 July 2019, 08:07   #196
bobrpggamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLS View Post
Good luck finishing the project.
And then maybe really name it 2.5 officially.
(there is already a 2.1)
I will do that if I can learn Microsoft Access well enough to edit the database.

As it is I can delete records and and rename extras at best, so when I have the SPS done and I delete records of games not working and rename games for both SPS and WHDload and adding the latest updated games, then I could update the database and rename it 2.5.

I hope the owner of the project is OK with it.

There are some games that I would like to add, like Eye of the Beholder I and II AGA but adding a game will take some time to learn Access. renaming and adding extras should be easier.
Old 22 July 2019, 10:40   #197
Seiya

you can add games and extras directly from GameBase. Attention that mdb databae is made with old Access version. with new one could be happen strange things like double names and difficult to delete some entries. Not always happens this things, so i think it's better add games from Database.

Quote:
These games cannot be found to work from multiple versions with the default WHDload loader in Gamebase 2.0:

1869 (AGA) German
4D Sports Boxing
Ace Ball
Ace Ball (AGA)
Alien Breed 3D 2
Altered Destiny
B.C. Kid
i tried this whdload games in Gamebase 2.0 and they works perfectly

Last edited by Seiya; 22 July 2019 at 10:48.
Old 23 July 2019, 04:52   #198
bobrpggamer

1869 (AGA) German

I got these versions to work but the others I could not. Did you have to alter the WHDload WINuae config, or use a different kickstart?

I have Access from Office 360, I think it is Access 16 but not 19. I never really thought to add a game through the Gamebase frontend, so I could add a game in Gamebase and then link the WHDload games to it in Access.

Also I made sure I left a folder with the games that did not work for me in my upload so if they work for others they are there. I used the Retroplay versions and some and other older ones I had that seemed to work better or are the proper WHDload version Gamebase wants.

Could you give me the files for:

4D Sports Boxing
Ace Ball
Ace Ball (AGA)
Alien Breed 3D 2
Altered Destiny
B.C. Kid

So I could try them and then add them to my upload.

Really the whole point of the upload pack is that there is no real WHDload pack strictly for GameBase 2.0 and just dropping Retroplay's WHDload in it had multiple versions, wrong file names and ones that did not work and needs other versions, so now there is a pack to just drop in. There are no duplicates or any game that is not matched to the Gamebase games, I made sure of that multiple times removing anything that did not match. The spreadsheet I made is for when I want to add new versions and it will be easier when I do so - If I do so.

4DSportsBoxing_v1.1_0421
4DSportsBoxing_v1.2_0421

both give this error.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4dsportsboxing_v1_002.png
Views:	142
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	63867  

Last edited by bobrpggamer; 23 July 2019 at 05:56.
Old 24 July 2019, 00:01   #199
Seiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrpggamer View Post
. Did you have to alter the WHDload WINuae config, or use a different kickstart?
i don't remember if i changed something because GameBase 2.0 lacking somefiles when i download it.

games whdload i left original gamebas 2.0 files, however as soon as i send you these files.

Quote:
Really the whole point of the upload pack is that there is no real WHDload pack strictly for GameBase 2.0 a.
true, you right

however watching my GameBase 2.0 directory i think to have the files that you have. i think i added roms.
WinUAE is the 3.2.2 version

Last edited by Seiya; 24 July 2019 at 00:09.
Old 24 July 2019, 00:15   #200
Seiya

you can download whdfiles here, but i think are exactly the same you have already have
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ty6ool