English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 02 February 2019, 10:07   #461
Zener

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Ok, so I got a little time to play with this.
As I said, I think "space scene" can be done fairly good with RedPill.

Here is my result:
(I also browsed through all my option so you can see what I did)
[ Show youtube player ]

It's in very rough stage (took me only 1-2 hours on this), but I think it gives a "proof of concept", that even these games, can be done with RedPill
Wow! You did it, congratz!
Old 02 February 2019, 10:08   #462
Zener

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiman99 View Post
I have another question:
I have 32color background picture, in 32color game, but I think it only shows the picture in first 16 colors. Is that normal?

This picture, tiles and sprite sheets use the same palette.
No, it is not normal. Have you tried reloading the images or testing them in a new project?
Old 02 February 2019, 16:23   #463
amiman99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zener View Post
No, it is not normal. Have you tried reloading the images or testing them in a new project?
Yes, In new empty project on level 1, I loaded the image in the background, same result.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	main screen.png
Views:	185
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	61875  
Old 03 February 2019, 12:24   #464
Zener

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiman99 View Post
Yes, In new empty project on level 1, I loaded the image in the background, same result.
Still weird, could you share this image please?

Have you tried setting up the game as AGA? no difference?
Old 03 February 2019, 13:16   #465
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Sprites use palette entries 17-31 when using OCS/ECS. Could that be the interference?
Old 03 February 2019, 18:51   #466
amiman99

Quote:
Still weird, could you share this image please?

Have you tried setting up the game as AGA? no difference?
Changing to AGA 32 colors is working, but I don't want my game to be AGA only.
Here is the picture:

Edit: I did some experiments:
1. Moved the color that was causing me problem to a different color slot (color 12), and it did not work.
2. I played with a palette, and tried to readjust this color to a different shade, and this is what I found out:
H:0, S:0, V:98 - original color is not displayed, or displayed as white. Should be very light gray.
H:0, S:0, V:96 - same as above
H:0, S:0, V:93 - color is displayed correctly
H:0, S:0, V:73 - color is displayed correctly
So, RGB color values above 253 are not displayed, at least in my color combination. The gray color in RGB are all same values.

I hope that helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip samplescreen.zip (3.9 KB, 104 views)

Last edited by amiman99; 03 February 2019 at 22:28.
Old 03 February 2019, 23:15   #467
Zener

In that case I think it is just that the Amiga non AGA palette has less colors than the AGA one (4096). You can try using PPaint in a non AGA machine and you will notice the same color disappears.

The two color is too similar, and in OCS palette they are the same. It is like they use steps of 16 by 16, if you divide it by 16 and gives the same, it is the same color, for example: value of 240 and 255 will be the same in OCS, in AGA they will be different.
Old 03 February 2019, 23:36   #468
amiman99

I'm using emulator with A1200 profile to develop the game, so it makes sense, but I did not know that the same palette on both machines would be different.
Anyway, I changed the color to light blue and it looks fine now.

It's actually good to know those limitations, and good to test the game on ECS and AGA before final release.

Thanks.
Old 04 February 2019, 21:38   #469
xboxown

Feature request.

A) Is it possible you could add table in redpill? Table is the same as array. With table I can define how many rows I want and how many columns I want and then store in variables, objects, sprite, etc....or even just X, Y coordinate of the object or player?

B) Loop statement while playing. Is it possible we could have a while loop statement and this while loop could stop looping if a condition is met or loop forever (while the game is running)? With the while loop I can then check the players location on the board and using the array to determine if player 1 have put

X X X X X

or

X X X O X

and see if the player wins or not.

Thanks in advance!

Is there an actual redpill home page and forum? I want this to become as large as Game Maker for PC!

Are there plans to change the interface to use workbench screen+MUI+support RTG in the future? Can we make it like game maker for PC..it is a workbench application that uses MUI with interface and you can draw on windows with menu,etc and you can compile the game using RTG or custom chipset?

In the future with V4 there will be 12 MB of CHIP RAM!!!! Will RedPill support 12 MB CHIP RAM too??!
Old 05 February 2019, 07:04   #470
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Ok, so I got a little time to play with this.
As I said, I think "space scene" can be done fairly good with RedPill.

Here is my result:
(I also browsed through all my option so you can see what I did)
[ Show youtube player ]

It's in very rough stage (took me only 1-2 hours on this), but I think it gives a "proof of concept", that even these games, can be done with RedPill
It seems that penguin adventure could be possible after all.
Old 05 February 2019, 19:28   #471
xboxown

Quote:
Wow! You did it, congratz!
Zener I have updated a request to the original one...

C) Is it possible you could also add a sprite editor and image editor with ability to have select multiple frames so you can build your own sprite inside the game without importing from .iff (if you do not want to import from iff) and it is integrated part of the .pll game?
Old 06 February 2019, 09:44   #472
Yoz Montana

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Zener I have updated a request to the original one...
C) Is it possible you could also add a sprite editor and image editor with ability to have select multiple frames so you can build your own sprite inside the game without importing from .iff (if you do not want to import from iff) and it is integrated part of the .pll game?
DPaint do this already. Used Deluxe paint to make your pictures, sprites and animations. it's easier !
Old 06 February 2019, 18:54   #473
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoz Montana View Post
DPaint do this already. Used Deluxe paint to make your pictures, sprites and animations. it's easier !
But always gurues when you load pictures and then i go....

Booohoo...woes me....woes me....it is guring...sob..boohoo and then someone saves me from my distress and I am like...how did he do THAT??!

I cannot keep playing that script man!! I will go crazy!!

So if there is an official sprite editor build into it...I am empowered and don't have to keep crashing my Amiga when I want to add new sprite!!
Old 06 February 2019, 22:17   #474
d4rk3lf

You can't blame software for your lack of knowledge.
Learn... and try to improve...
I have, like 1000 questions of the RedPill... but it's still in alpha stage... it still doesn't have any sort of help... However, some people did amazing stuff with it (they also didn't had help)
Do you realize we are working with "game maker" type of app, that is for 30 years old hardware?

Even in todays game makers apps (let's say, you want to create a game in Unreal 4, or Unity), you can't do the graphics inside them, you have to do it in Photoshop. You have to do 3D models in some 3D app (Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D...), you can't do it in Unity or Unreal... or some music softeware.. etc.
Million apps is used for one game (today)... what you expect will maybe be possible in 30 years from now, not for the app that tries to make game maker for 30 years old hardware.

What you asking is like, if I ask if Zener could integrate in RedPill some music creation software, so I create midi's for my game... it's insane

Or maybe, he can create software that emulates RedPill, but read our minds, and create everything we imagine with one click.
Old 06 February 2019, 23:12   #475
Yoz Montana

Quote:
But always gurues when you load pictures and then i go....
Use GrafX2 for your pictures/sprites in PC or Mac and export to lbm .iff
Old 06 February 2019, 23:56   #476
xboxown

Quote:
You can't blame software for your lack of knowledge.
Oh! I agree!

Quote:
Learn... and try to improve..
I agree 100% on that too!

Quote:
I have, like 1000 questions of the RedPill... but it's still in alpha stage... it still doesn't have any sort of help... However, some people did amazing stuff with it (they also didn't had help)
It is impressive what some sort of games made from it! I have so much ideas in my head with using this awesome tool it is unbelievable!

Quote:
Do you realize we are working with "game maker" type of app, that is for 30 years old hardware?
I KNOW! THAT IS WHY I LOVE IT SO MUCH! AMIGA NEED SUCH GAME MAKER APP LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BELIEVED!

Quote:
Even in todays game makers apps (let's say, you want to create a game in Unreal 4, or Unity), you can't do the graphics inside them, you have to do it in Photoshop. You have to do 3D models in some 3D app (Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D...), you can't do it in Unity or Unreal... or some music softeware.. etc.
For unity3D or unity I agree those do need third party applications! But for Game Maker and engine001 and adventure studio those have integrated sprite editor! Even Game Maker for commodore 64 have integrated sprite editor and that is over 30 year old app....Also Adventure Construction Set for apple //, commodore 64 and Amiga have integrated sprite editor and also Adventure Creation Kit have integrated sprite editor.....

Quote:
Million apps is used for one game (today)... what you expect will maybe be possible in 30 years from now, not for the app that tries to make game maker for 30 years old hardware.
Of course not. Those apps have their audience....Amiga community need to build their own audience and I see Red Pill as the next unity3D or Unity but for Amiga!!

Quote:
What you asking is like, if I ask if Zener could integrate in RedPill some music creation software, so I create midi's for my game... it's insane
Nah! Wouldn't need music creation software but having something like sprite editor for Game Maker on windows what was in my mind. But that is like low priority and if it is soo much for Zener then it is ok. Instead of integrating a sprite editor I was thinking doing better error catching mechanism so it doesn't put the Amiga down..instead it prompts an error message no matter how severe the error is!! Because if you are constantly worried your Amiga will guru due to error or pressing ESC a lot for testing purposes it puts the user in edge. T

Quote:
Or maybe, he can create software that emulates RedPill, but read our minds, and create everything we imagine with one click.
Even if such thing possibility I would highly go against it. Having a software read our mind and produce what is in our thought will bring the end of human being and Earth in less than 20 seconds.....I prefer computers to be stupid!
Old 07 February 2019, 00:05   #477
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoz Montana View Post
Use GrafX2 for your pictures/sprites in PC or Mac and export to lbm .iff
I will look into it Yoz Montana! Thanks in advance!
Old 07 February 2019, 14:56   #478
Yoz Montana

Quote:
I will look into it Yoz Montana! Thanks in advance!
https://pulkomandy.tk/projects/GrafX2

Documentation:
http://grafx2.chez.com/index.php?cat.../documentation

Tutorials :
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 February 2019, 11:37   #479
Yoz Montana

Quote:
Just go to the RAM setting
i using WinUae 4.1.0, same problem, doesn't work !

that she is the version you use ?
Old 11 February 2019, 01:54   #480
amiman99

I have some kind of bug when using RedPill.
Redpill crashes when trying to click on Sprite Sheets button. This only happens when my game project is loaded and I'm trying to see or edit my sprite sheet.
When Redpill project is empty, the Sprite Sheet button works fine and I can load and see the sprites.
I saves multiple copies of my project and ALL of them do that.
I copied over the Redpill execs and still same problem.

The last thing I did was organized my IFF picture locations, I put them in the game folder instead on my root folder. Then I pointed to that location and save.
I'm pretty sure that I was able to load the project, but it's possible that I did not check the Sprite sheets button, so I'm not sure when the problem started.

Any ideas? Is there a way to check which picture is looking for?

Last edited by amiman99; 11 February 2019 at 02:07.