English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2003, 00:44   #1
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

WHDLoad Dat Release v0.1

After much work by BippyM and Antiriad, release 0.1 of the WHDLoad Dat is here!

This Dat is for ClrMamePro at the moment and will sort your collection of images/files for WHDLoad.

The installs with subdirs aren't supported at the moment, but will be added when ClrMamePro supports subdirs.

Remember - the WHDLoad Dat creators won't supply the images and files - but you can find them on FTPs or other weird places.

Bippy has uploaded a file to the Zone which contains the DAT, as well as icons which were fixed because of tooltype problems and other files.

And... if you haven't registered WHDLoad yet, but use it, then REGISTER NOW!
Old 05 January 2003, 07:26   #2
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

How/what does this compare? I have a lot of WHDLoad games but I'm not sure what this would do? Does it simply check the DISK.1.. etc files, or the complete installs, or ???
Old 05 January 2003, 09:57   #3
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

It sorts your installs into zip files containing all that is necessary to run the game.

e.g. for 1943...

1943 - The Battle For Midway (1987) (Probe) [pa BSL] [pv 1.9]

...the zip would include:

1943.bin
1943.hsc
1943.info
1943.readme
1943.slave
1943.readme.info
1943_newicon.info
Disk.1
Old 05 January 2003, 17:35   #4
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Ok, that makes sense. What about things like save games, and changed tooltypes? Does it just do a filename compare on the .info files and a CRC on the disk images?

I might have to give this thing a try.
Old 05 January 2003, 17:39   #5
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Your own save game disks and changed icons won't be recognised - only the original save disks and icons produced by the install (unless the installed icons had problems e.g. bad tooltypes and were changed by the DAT compilers - in this case, they are available in the archive in the Zone).

It works on CRC - it's simply a DAT like the ones used in ROM Renamers.
Old 05 January 2003, 18:08   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

Basically the dat will recognise a complete install for a game.

You will need the following to accurately rebuild the games:

The correct install from the WHD website
The image file for the game (the one supported by the dat)
The icon file contained within the dat archive.

How it worked was we took an installed game and deleted the WHDload part, just leaving the imagefiles, next we downloaded all the WHDInstalls from the WHD site and copied over all the needed files (slave, icons, readme etc..).

We then tested the game, if it worked we included it in the dat, renamed it and hoopla.

Some games didn't work, they were either not WinUAE compatable or the imagefiles were broken, or simply the icon didn't point to the slave, or in the case of AGA and ECS games we had to rename the slave, which resulted in us having to change the icon tooltypes.

Either way any EDITED/FIXED icons are included within the datfile archive.

So basically once you rebuild and then unpack the archives the game should run (depending on WinUAE configs).

Any game we couldnt get working has the {b}ad flag (note this will be changing to the more recognised [b] flag in the next release).

----

We are hoping to get every proper installed/working game and every version of each game in the datfile. Yet at the same time we don't want to include games that have simply had their images changed by dubious saved games and hiscores.

You will note in the current dat there are alternate versions of some games (usually foreign versions). If we find an alternate version is included is simply different because of a highscore or whatever it will be deleted from the next release, this is to stop the dat being over-polluted with duped crap (like tosec), and will only reference proper working installs

----

Finally we wont host the actual imagefiles on our FTP's but they will be available on other FTP's I'm sure and alot are scattered about the net in general!

----

Any other questions don't hesitate to contact us.

Hope this clears 1 or 2 things up for you
Old 05 January 2003, 18:34   #7
adolescent