English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 03 August 2003, 18:21   #1
TheBoss

Send a message via ICQ to TheBoss
Legal Amiga games?

Is there a place where I can find a list of software/games for the Amiga which have been made Freeware like the recently Beneath a Steel Sky and Lure of the Temptress? I'm thinking expecially for the CD32/CDTV.
Old 03 August 2003, 21:49   #2
Frootloop

Back in October I started a thread about legal game links. Check it out here. Specifically you may be interested in the Legal Amiga CD Dumping Project.
Old 03 August 2003, 22:03   #3
TheBoss

Great thx FL! I missed that topic as it was before my time on this fourm What I've been trying to do is to make my site/ftp more legal besides my legal warnings and somewhat hard to get account. So this info is a nice step for my ultimate goal
Old 03 August 2003, 22:50   #4
TheBoss

Ah well it wasn't that informative I had hoped someone had made a list of games which is freeware now.
I only found out the following on CD32/CDTV are freeware.

Melon Dezign:
Naughty Ones
-----------------
Thalion:
Chambers of Shaolin
The Seven Gates of Jambala

Its a start but not nearly enough

I highly bought the legally of this site Legal Amiga CD Dumping Project What's makes it legal? I cant see anywhere when these games where released as freeware by their respected companies.
Old 04 August 2003, 10:40   #5
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBoss
I highly bought the legally of this site Legal Amiga CD Dumping Project What's makes it legal? I cant see anywhere when these games where released as freeware by their respected companies.
Hmm... I'm sure it used to list the details, but can't see them there now...
Old 08 August 2003, 00:36   #6
Bobic

Hi everyone,

don't forget that we offer legal Amiga CD downloads, too. There are already 16 games available at http://www.back2roots.org/Games/CD-Games/ALL/. More will follow in the future.

Stay tuned for our next update. A game will come online in various formats (ADF,HD,CD) which is a true classic and especially famous in the UK (I think). Nevertheless the rest of the world enjoyed it a lot, too ;-). Nothing more to say.
Old 08 August 2003, 00:57   #7
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobic
Hi everyone,

don't forget that we offer legal Amiga CD downloads, too. There are already 16 games available at http://www.back2roots.org/Games/CD-Games/ALL/. More will follow in the future.

Stay tuned for our next update. A game will come online in various formats (ADF,HD,CD) which is a true classic and especially famous in the UK (I think). Nevertheless the rest of the world enjoyed it a lot, too ;-). Nothing more to say.
Quote:
Is there a place where I can find a list of software/games for the Amiga which have been made Freeware
He is looking for a list of games that have been made freeware, not just a few games for download....

Obvious blatant plug too.....

Last edited by Enverex; 08 August 2003 at 02:06.
Old 08 August 2003, 02:04   #8
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by NightShade737
NS
LOL!
Old 08 August 2003, 02:08   #9
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
LOL!
shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up.

Old 08 August 2003, 08:46   #10
TheBoss

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobic
Hi everyone,

So all the CD games you got there I can count i as being freewere?
Old 08 August 2003, 09:19   #11
Drake1009

I think you should count them as being free for download but I don't think you're allowed to redistribute them. I think it says it all in the .txt file which comes with the games.
Old 08 August 2003, 09:51   #12
TheBoss

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake1009
I think you should count them as being free for download but I don't think you're allowed to redistribute them. I think it says it all in the .txt file which comes with the games.
Yeah that was what i kinda feared but I'd like to get a comfirmation as I havent read the txt file. I do know that the Beneath A Steel Sky is freeware on both Amiga and PC though and can be redistributed anywhere.
Old 08 August 2003, 11:29   #13
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Quote:
Originally posted by NightShade737
shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up.

I hope Fred is enjoying this
Old 09 August 2003, 07:11   #14
Adeptus
epun umop ap!sdn

Quote:
Yeah that was what i kinda feared but I'd like to get a comfirmation as I havent read the txt file. I do know that the Beneath A Steel Sky is freeware on both Amiga and PC though and can be redistributed anywhere.
So... does anyone want to buy my original boxed PC CD version of Beneath A Steel Sky?
Old 09 August 2003, 09:26   #15
TheBoss

Thats the talkie version, right? You'll find this on my ftp for free As for my source it comes from the masters themselfs http://www.revgames.com/