DamienD
Banned

...and vice-versa my friend for your fixed "DropZone" .ADF
Old 20 January 2017, 20:59   #23
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

AppleJack is now on HOL: http://hol.abime.net/6193

@Master484
Could not find your screenshots in zone so had to use my own (I have played it through). However, do you still have your screenshots for Dropzone and Caffeine Free Diet? If so, please re-upload them
Old 20 January 2017, 22:02   #24
DamienD
Banned

You maybe able to find them on the EAB file server under /TheZone/files/
Old 20 January 2017, 23:05   #25
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
You maybe able to find them on the EAB file server under /TheZone/files/
Cool, found them there. So now we have Dropzone in HOL too.

Not sure if it is worth adding Caffeine Free. The improved version (Assimilation: Caffeine 2) already exists in HOL and this looks almost the same. The only differences what I can see, is that Caffeine 2 has music in game and have a different title screen.
Old 21 January 2017, 19:57   #26
DamienD
Banned

As you say, they are very similar besides what you've already mentioned.

Still think it's worth having both in HOL for completeness etc... Up to you guys of course
Old 22 January 2017, 13:49   #27
Master484

Thanks for adding these games to HOL.

Quote:
Not sure if it is worth adding Caffeine Free. The improved version (Assimilation: Caffeine 2) already exists in HOL and this looks almost the same. The only differences what I can see, is that Caffeine 2 has music in game and have a different title screen.
I think the original Caffeine Free should be added to HOL, because it's the original version of the game. It actually got some reviews on magazines and was put on least one coverdisk. The "sequel" on the other hand came out years later, and I think it was only distributed through the internet. And indeed the only changes seem to be the music and title screen, and slightly different enemy attack waves. But, since this sequel is on HOL, I think it just makes sense to add the original too.

I just Zoned a coverdisk scan for Caffeine Free, and also included two other scans for Zombie Apocalypse and Ork Attack.

---

Also it would be cool if you could add these 3 games mentioned in this thread:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83883

Blaster, Match Patch and Drelbs are all HOL worthy, high quality PD games. Last year I zoned screenshots, DBS and disk scans for all of these, maybe you can still find them too in the EAB server? But if not, then I can of course zone them again.
Old 22 January 2017, 14:38   #28
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master484 View Post
Also it would be cool if you could add these 3 games mentioned in this thread:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83883

Blaster, Match Patch and Drelbs are all HOL worthy, high quality PD games. Last year I zoned screenshots, DBS and disk scans for all of these, maybe you can still find them too in the EAB server? But if not, then I can of course zone them again.
Found them on the server! So will try to find time to add these games + Caffeine Free next week.

This is something that I'm working on right now. Add all quality PD/Shareware games to HOL. You can use this link to see which games I have added so far: http://hol.abime.net/6162 and increase the ID 6163, 6164...

Still many more to do!
Old 24 January 2017, 11:26   #29
Master484

Good to see all these great PD games finally listed on HOL.

Only one small thing I noticed: you should put "Blitz Basic" Quickmatch tags to Applejack, Dropzone and Caffeine Free. And also Cyberdroid was made with Blitz Basic.

Also, if you have time, in this thread I have listed some missing AMOS and Blitz quickmatch tags which have not yet been added: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=83896

The Quickmatch tags are important so that the games appear on the results page when for example searching for Blitz games: http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?..._quickmatch=78

And also HOL has a Quickmatch tag for games made with Backbone so for example Boxx 2 and Boxx 3 should have the "Backbone" quickmatch tag added to them.
Old 25 January 2017, 20:48   #30
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Awesome! Will add Blitz Basic and AMOS quickmatch tag for all the games you listed in the other thread. I'll also keep this in mind for future additions.

For now I have added Backbone quickmatch for all Backbone games. I noticed that S.E.U.C.K. and other game creators exists in HOL. So thought it was a good idea to also add Backbone: http://hol.abime.net/6200
Old 30 January 2017, 20:29   #31
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post
This is something that I'm working on right now. Add all quality PD/Shareware games to HOL. You can use this link to see which games I have added so far: http://hol.abime.net/6162 and increase the ID 6163, 6164...

Still many more to do!
Thanks for doing this hipoonios; going to try out the following now as they look pretty good

... Duck Dodgers
... Glassback
... Glassback 2: The Dole Years
... HyperViper
... Kill The Little Dudes
... Plumpy
... snoisnemiD
... Timultus
... Touch'n Go

I couldn't find "Glassback" in TOSEC. I did however find it on a compilation disk in my Non-TOSEC collection:

Anyway, as my pet hate it more than one game per disk, I've now created a stand-alone .ADF

Both the compilation and stand-alone .ADFs are now in The Zone! for anyone that wants them
Old 31 January 2017, 18:17   #32
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Yes, Glassback is a little tricky to find. This is the reason why it was marked very rare on HOL at first.

Related post: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=85462
Old 02 February 2017, 16:15   #33
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
Yup, downloaded that one from the Server, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet as I've been busy fixing the DropZone ADF.

The disk needed Setpatch from WB3.0. I've made a fixed version that works on 1.3, 2.0 and 3.0/3.1 with 2mb chip ram. Grab the file here.....
...was really bored today so decided to correct a few things on the original & Arnie's "fixed" disk:

a) Compress the main file with "CrunchyDat" so that I could fit FastJPEG on the disk.

b) Arrange the icons nicely:

c) Double-clicking on "DropZone.jpg" didn't work as it required "FastJPEG" so downloaded / added to the "C:" folder.

d) Double-clicking on "DropZone.guide" didn't work as it required "Multiview". Changed to use "PPMore" and reformatted the text slightly.

e) Added the following extra text that I found on Aminet into "DropZone.guide":

Code:
Hidden
------
The cheat mode is switched on by pausing the game ('p'), then pressing
right-amiga and help. You'll here a sound if it works. Various keys have
different effects when you're paused and the cheat mode is on. For example, 'r'
puts you in random level mode, and 'right square bracket' skips a level.
Remember that you need to be paused when you press a key in cheat mode to get
its effect (many make a sound).

Pressing 'c' on the main title screen brings up the control screen. Use the
cursor keys to make changes. 'Nouns and Adjectives' loosely refers to the
dictionary which is used to create random level names.

When loading, hold down 'space bar' for Scarecrow Mode! Or hold down 'o' for
Original Mode which keeps a dark sky for each level.
New disk attached to this post
Attached Files
File Type: zip DropZone v1.0 (1994)(Tunstall, Richard)(SW).zip (408.0 KB, 265 views)
Old 04 March 2017, 19:24   #34
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios View Post

Still many more to do!
While on the subject of adding decent PD games to HOL...

...I know you've been doing an excellent job already my friend

Don't really want to pollute this thread so maybe we should start a new one under the section HOL contributions called "Quality PD games to be added to HOL" or something similar?

Anyway, saying the above, I've noticed that none of Michel Gibbs' games have been added as yet. These include:

a) AmigaParachute
b) Flappy Bird A500 & Flappy Bird
c) Donkey Downfall

With "AmigaParachute" I noticed that there is no .ADF available so created one that works from Amiga 500 (KS 1.3 - 3.1) upwards

Attached to this post for anyone that wants it
Attached Files
File Type: zip AmigaParachute (2012-08-08)(Michael Gibs)[1Mb Chip].zip (126.0 KB, 254 views)
Old 29 October 2018, 01:33   #35
Cerberus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yup, that and AppleJack are very cool indeed

Thanks again to Master484 for pointing these game out
AppleJack is a good game - then I'd be slightly biased - I did the music (sorry - I'd had several beers when I created it !!!!)

They were good days though, we made the game for the Amiga Format Blitz Basic competition. I lost touch with the coder though sadly.