English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Home Projects > project.EAB

Old 28 August 2009, 19:25   #121
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
My name is prowler, and I give up. Bloodwych is right, this thread has gone full circle.

Which group does that put me in, Marco? The second?
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Yeah and which group am I in? I really didnt understand.
sorry i wasn't dividing people to say the former are good the latter are bad or the like, i was just saying that there are definite different points of view other than the one the most of the mods purport, and that shouldn't be dismissed either way with a wave of hand by a good moderation.

if your question was more practical, i think that both of you would support in general a OT being more friendly? so place wherever you like!
Old 28 August 2009, 19:39   #122
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks for the reply, Marco.

I fully support the concept of a friendly OT area, and I don't think that the OT has been any less friendly lately. It's just that for a couple of days OT-Stupidity seems to have become OT-Nonsense, and since then there doesn't seem to have been much progress towards finding a solution.

Could we just try leaving it be and renewing our faith in EAB users in the hope that lessons have been learned?

I think everyone deserves a second chance.
Old 28 August 2009, 19:46   #123
Eclipse
Turpentine

FFS just sort it out, you sound like a bunch of Atari ST owners!!

I still think it should be maybe opt-in and stupidity should be on it's own. However.... I saw nothing wrong with the jokes, even the ghey ones. I didn't find some things funny but that's not to say someone else doesn't.
We all like different things afterall, and I prefer Tomatoes to Potatoes anyway.
Old 28 August 2009, 19:54   #124
BippyM
Global Moderator

This has gone on for long enough now... It has been discussed and discussed.. The following are the steps I intend to take up with RCK
  • Specific moderators are introduced for the OT sections only. Currently there are 2 members who have volunteered
  • The stupidity section is either removed completely, or renamed and calmed down
  • More specific rules are introduced for the whole of the OT sections to not allow the amount of spamming, user attacks etc to be allowed or continued. basically the ame rules covering the rest of the forum will be introduced and enforced more rigidly

If anyone has any issues, idea's or suggestions please PM myself or one of the other global moderators.

Thank you for this interesting thread