English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 20 March 2017, 20:35   #1181
R-TEAM

Hi,

as stated above ...
The problem with Networkplay is sorted ... but only for floppy or HD games ...
Games that run over WHDLoad dont run ....
This isa bit sad .. as it looks .. even is WHDLoad support good built in, in thr Emu .. WHDLoad is still the unloved child here...

Save States have never worked with WHDLoad ... an bad thing, specialy for the users that have orginal games and are happy to use his games from the good old disks transfering to PC and continue playing/have Fun with it here ...

The users with cracked Floppy Images have always get the "Full Bell and wistles" on FS.UAE ..

So i hope for an fix for the NetPlay problem with WHDLoad - and the developing from the save state funktion to work with WHDLoad Games ....

Regards
Old 07 April 2017, 15:52   #1182
TEOL

18.3 of WHD Final is out now so needs being added to both the current Beta and Current stable builds.

Also means once 18.4 Beta is out there is another Dev WHD build to put in the Dev version but for now WHD 18.3 Final needs to be on both versions since it just come out and thats a major feature update to put in FS-UAE.

Well the 18.4 Beta when it comes out suggestion thing is only if Dev is going to be a 100% dev feature version in the future as in the past only finals of WHD have been put on the Dev as well although the dev does use the WinUAE Dev Code.

I've found it very easy to put Beta versions of WHD on a Classic WB install. I extract both the Final and the Beta and drag and drop the contents from Beta and then go through the install process and it installed 18.3 when it was a Beta rather than 18.2 what I thought it would install doing it that way of not installing it first.

I'm one that thinks Stable should be Stable and Dev should be Dev and Dev was in past a Hybrid of stable WHD and Dev code so would be cool thing if we got Dev WHD's in Dev version in the future just for the sake of a fully dev version so to speak although not bothered if it did happen in the future or not as I just like FS-UAE whatever the WHD version or Final/Dev version is of the emulator.

Last edited by TEOL; 07 April 2017 at 16:02.
Old 08 April 2017, 18:49   #1183
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.5dev:
  • Added some game controller configs.
  • Restructuring to allow for (future) multiple video/audio/input drivers.
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.5dev:
  • Added support for WHDLoad 18.3.
  • New quick settings panel (initial version) with toggle button.
  • Tweaked Fusion Adwaita theme colors to better match recent GNOME theme.
  • Controller configs for 8Bitdo SFC30 and Zero gamepads.
  • Controller config for DualShock 3 in bluetooth mode on Linux.
  • Make configurations list wider when window width is quite large.
  • Remember last selected game list on startup.
  • Lots of changes for non-Amiga/CDTV/CD32 game support.
  • New GUI setting to enable use of additional game platforms.
  • Disable config controls when loading a non-Amiga platform game.
  • Fix check for startup-sequence when determining if an archive is WHDLoad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-TEAM View Post
Save States have never worked with WHDLoad ... an bad thing
You can put the following in advanced settings:
Code:
relative_temp_feature = 1
unsafe_save_states = 1
I still recommend saving the games regularly using other means, if possible, in case the save states become corrupt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEOL View Post
I'm one that thinks Stable should be Stable and Dev should be Dev and Dev was in past a Hybrid of stable WHD and Dev code so would be cool thing if we got Dev WHD's in Dev version in the future just for the sake of a fully dev version.
WHDLoad development has nothing to do with FS-UAE development, I don't don't want to mix those two.
Old 08 April 2017, 20:52   #1184
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Windows mouse seems broken again.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 2.9.5dev-Logs.rar (29.8 KB, 127 views)
Old 08 April 2017, 21:13   #1185
Romanujan

Any progress with the filesystem-related crash I reported mid January?
Old 12 April 2017, 15:47   #1186
zzarko

I have used FS-UAE numerous times to transfer files to real Amiga HD (Ubuntu 14.04 64bit), but today it just won't work with me... After a while, after copying certain amount of files, fs-uae crashes with one of those (I haven't seen others so far):

*** Error in `fs-uae': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00007fc160093a10 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

*** Error in `fs-uae': munmap_chunk(): invalid pointer: 0x00007f27cc1421e0 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

*** Error in `fs-uae': malloc(): memory corruption: 0x00007f48280a0970 ***
Aborted (core dumped)

Same error happens with current stable and latest beta. I have PFS on real HD, and have tried Directory Opus and FileMaster for copying. If there is anything I could log or test or anything else (gdb, ...), please tell, I'm willing to try anything (except installing windows) to make it work again.
Old 12 April 2017, 17:30   #1187
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
jit or not ?
Old 12 April 2017, 19:17   #1188
R-TEAM

Hi,

Thanks for develope save states with WHDLoad
(even if it a little bit unstable ... but the beginning ..)

Regards
Old 13 April 2017, 11:35   #1189
zzarko

No jit, just 8MB fast and 68030 (A1200 configuration). I tried without 8MB fast and with 68020 (clean A1200), same result.

EDIT: Just tried it on another computer (Ubuntu 16.04 64bit), got "free(): invalid next size (fast):" after a while.

EDIT 2: Success with older version!
Last time I was using FS-UAE to successfully copy files was December 2016, so I downloaded first version that I found from GIT that was before the new year (a bit old version, 2.7.0), compiled it and copied the files without a problem. My conclusion is that there was some change in 2.7-2.8 development cycle that introduced the error (and it isn't my PC that makes the problem).

@FrodeSolheim: If there is something I could do to help to find the source of this error, please tell...

Last edited by zzarko; 18 April 2017 at 08:55.
Old 20 April 2017, 23:21   #1190
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

@Retro-Nerd http://fs-uae.net/devel/2.9.5dev3/ should fix it.. I think..!

@zzarko I'll try to reproduce. But you can help (greatly) if you find the exact development version where the problem started happening...! @Romanujan The problem could be related to @zzarko's.
Old 20 April 2017, 23:49   #1191
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Yes, mouse is working again. Somehow it feels sluggish, can't fix it properly with the mouse speed option or the settings in WB prefs. Anything changed?

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 21 April 2017 at 02:58.
Old 22 April 2017, 12:40   #1192
TEOL

I noticed today the mouse was a bit whacky on my one. It would not come on in the video sync until I went to the F12 menu and went out again but it worked as normal after that so hopefully this fix edition would sort that out but after reading the above it might be sluggish but at the moment sluggish is better than a mouse not catching until an F12 so I'm not complaining.

Since the messege above says Frode created some new whacky Save WHD mode does that mean that Frode once enough testing is done on it is going to submit his save mode to the actual WHD project?

It would be cool if you did mate as then it can be handled to work on a non emulated routine on real hardware as well.

Last edited by TEOL; 22 April 2017 at 12:49.
Old 12 May 2017, 18:45   #1193
R-TEAM

Hi,

would only inform, in 2.9.5 still no NetPlay with WHDLoad games ... (floppy based games run fine ..)

Regards
Old 03 June 2017, 13:14   #1194
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.6dev:
  • Changed default fade in/out duration, only fade in fullscreen.
  • FS-UAE default is now to show a 692×540 image, not stretched to fill screen.
  • Use scale = legacy to revert to old default behavior (Can put in Host.fs-uae or use FS-UAE Launcher set set globally).
  • New option scale (choose between full, integer, legacy and no scaling).
  • New option stretch (replaces keep_aspect, though it still works).
  • F11 is now a dedicated toggle auto zoom function, Alt/Cmd+Z cycles through zoom modes as before.
  • Render a frame around the view when not stretched (frame = 0 to disable).
  • Cartridge freeze shortcut is now Alt/Cmd+C.
  • Alt/Cmd+A now toggles stretch mode (aspect correction).
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
In short, the default scaling/cropping behaviour has changed (though you may not see the change if you have specified certain scaling options). Also, the FS-UAE menu itself is being changed so it will work better on non-16:9 displays (not complete yet).
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.6dev:
  • Imported updated translations from crowdin.com.
  • Moved additional game databases to a separate settings page.
Changes in FS-UAE Arcade 2.9.6dev:
  • FS-UAE Arcade now defaults to fullscreen.
  • Run FS-UAE with window_border = 0 to reduce flickering on launch.
@TEOL No, there is no new WHDLoad save mode (no changes to WHDLoad itself). Earlier comments has been about allowing FS-UAE's savestate feature to be used together with WHDLoad (or really; when using directory hard drives).
Old 10 July 2017, 06:26   #1195
Herbert West

Hi! Strange problem with the new dev vs. The borders in aspect ratio true screen in my favourite automatic fitscreen mode seem greyish and bright at times, not black, and tend to flicker.

With the same setup, that doesn't happen with the stable version.

I didn't notice it with another system and an old 4:3 monitor.

Played around with the new "scale" options, but no luck.

Is there a way to make the dev version behave like the stable and get deep black borders again?
Old 10 July 2017, 13:14   #1196
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, yes, there is a grey gradient. Maybe your monitor has some kind of auto-contrast mechanism which gets confused by the gradient (causing the flickering)?. Anyway, to turn it off, add the following to advanced settings:

frame = 0

(There will be a GUI control for it later)
Old 10 July 2017, 14:09   #1197
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Ah, thanks for the info. Now the border is true black again. Was wondering about this for some time.
Old 10 July 2017, 14:11   #1198
Herbert West

Yes, worked here, too. Thank you!

(It didn't really "flicker", it just seemed like it when there were many short resolution changes at the beginning of loading a game.)
Old 11 July 2017, 14:16   #1199
Genlock
Out to Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
A new development version has been released. Changes in FS-UAE 2.9.6dev:

In short, the default scaling/cropping behaviour has changed (though you may not see the change if you have specified certain scaling options). Also, the FS-UAE menu itself is being changed so it will work better on non-16:9 displays (not complete yet).
Changes in FS-UAE Launcher 2.9.6dev:
Hi FrodeSolheim
Thanks for your continued work on this great package.

I am getting a flicker in the Gui only .
If I load fs-uae theres no problem,but as soon as I Enter the Amiga Workbench (any version) and then return to the Gui through f12 I get this flicker over half the screen,,
I did some tests and It only appears if my screen mode in Ubuntu 17.4 is set to 1920 x 1080 (16.9) ,if I drop down to 1280 x 720 (16.9) its fine.

Regards Joe

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-07-11 12-25-13.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	53709Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-07-11 12-24-08.png
Views:	151
Size:	332.9 KB
ID:	53708
Old 11 July 2017, 15:26   #1200
TEOL

Hey Frode is it possible you could recreate this in a straight edged version for some actual realistic AMIGA monitor scanlines for the scanlines option in FS-UAE?

The straight hori ones were alright as a temp thing but these are where it's really at.

I waited until a video of a crt with a white part in the game or demo comes up in full screen to do this which makes real scanlines look clear came up and I was in luck and found a video of a real CRT AMIGA Demo with a white transition to show the real TV scanlines effect up.

I just thought we might be in the mood to get some real looking emulation of scanlines in so took a YouTube screen print of some but it's a rounded edge TV though so it needs to be remade into a straight edged one to be able to translate it to FS-UAE properly.

Obviously the sprils are TV signal though and you even get them when you record from an LCD it's the scanlines though that matters for a realistic effect of them and it looks to me like some scanlines are down as well which means it looks like the real scanlines are sort of dot looking rather than lined at all when combining the screen vertical ones with the systems horizontal looking ones.

I guess the sprils being remade would give it TV signal character as well but as it's also on LCD as it's a signal thing the scanlines is what really matters when making a realistic bezal for FS-UAE not really rounded edges or sprils which happen on any TV when screen captured by cam and whatnot keep that in mind as the prority if you decide to remake the scanlines at all but if you could do a bezal with the optimal things of the sprils and edges too that would also be awesome as a second pick but the clean real scanlines would need to be option 1 as not everyone wants round edges and signal sprils on their screen.

Note: The white came up as 50 shades of grey scanlines on screen print but they are still clear on screen print. It seems like with the Red, Green and Blue TV screen engraved scanlines as well as the system scanlines it is 50 shades of gray rather than a single shades which is where other bezal recreations of scanlines went wrong I think as well as only the hori system ones inclueded not the verical TV engraved ones which if you put your face near your TV with it off you can see on the glass which is what is creating the vertical scanlines.

Last edited by TEOL; 11 July 2017 at 15:48.