English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 07 April 2006, 00:15   #101
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

A priority should be sending a version to IFW to confirm that the image is good. Theres little point in waiting for Bertrand to get back if the image proves to be bad is there? Why not save time NOW so when he does get back, he knows he's dealing with a good image?
Old 07 April 2006, 07:53   #102
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Don't worry, when the game gets out as an IPF you'll be 50 to dive on it and try to crack it in ADF. IFW won't process RAW images yet. He must go back to his homeland for this.

Patience is not your main quality as i can see. You'll make this game's creators laughing by your attitude.

One point i don't understand, Many of your installers are at a dead point. why not beginning to finish those instead of beginning others ? hmm ?

And last point as i said, i never dismiss myself when i say something.
I said you wait, YOU WAIT !
Old 07 April 2006, 10:14   #103
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybearing
yep
please, denis, send a version to Galahad
Sorry, but now I either can no longer continue in "silent reading mode".

He maybe should finish PREVIOUS things first before tackling another task which he will again draw in length like a chewing-gum until - maybe - November 2006, until the first beta ADF will be out for testing, after pestering him 10+ times about it!

Galahad, what about finishing Dämonenburg FIRST and THEN tackling this adf issue? The guy you got the disk from is one of the guys in the Amiga emu scene I know as one of the longest, and I think you've dragged this task long enough now (TWO FUCKING YEARS) that something MAY be expected by now!
You do seem to start this and that but never finish anything 'til the end! CFOU! needed to complete Liquid Kids because you just let it languish at 98% for more than eight months!

Codetapper too has tried to initiate a "cracking challenge" just to get things going!
Result:
woody cowardly pulled the emergency brake (hahaha) by hastily closing the thread (haha), announcing an alleged "PM correspondence" (which I've never believed as Galahad has ever since been a professional non-replyer of mails sent to him, especially when they contain too much criticism). Closing the thread was a very bad idea, as the thread is now virtually abandoned and will fall into oblivion sooner or later and again, so again: nothing will happen.

So my point stays: let him finish old stuff first, and DO NOT send this thing to ADF. Moreover, if it was an original disk, you might never ever get it back. So only send copies!
Old 07 April 2006, 10:17   #104
TheBozo

I confirm. it's too funny to see. It's look like my children with their last toy. (I like theses Smileys)

You did wait during 15 years, one week more won't kill you and personnally i don't think you will have the thrust of guys who have GTW if anybody can't hold a given promise.

Just be happy somes guys have archived these lost games, other guys work hardly for saves them, and enjoy when you have. That's just games. .

PS: Your Community is very cool and it's pleasant to see passionnates peoples !!

Last edited by TheBozo; 07 April 2006 at 11:17.

Old 07 April 2006, 11:56   #105
Konrad

I see it the same way. We've waited so long for this game. And I personally didn't even believe that we'll be able to play it someday.
Now the game is found and I'm totally excited. But that doesn't mean that I can't wait one or two weeks now that I already waited so long.

I agree that posting screenshots of the bootblock and telling how fluid the scrolling is is a but mich at this stage . But I also understand that dlfrsilver is excited and also proud of what has been achieved.

So cool down guys, it won't take too long now.
Old 07 April 2006, 12:08   #106
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

As said, i'm a honest and right guy. I never had understood the liquid kid case, as much as the case of many others. It's the same as in real life. You must complete what you have begun, or you give your work to someone else, as the job need to be completed.

I have put some hints about the game so that the communauty appreciate the game
when it's released. It's a wonderful game, it deserves the the way i'm presenting it.

As the bozo said, it's just a game, so keep cool ^^. I'm not teasing, i'm just giving you a taste of the game, it's like making someone taste a new food in an excellent restaurant. I give small chunks to eat, and after you get the full meal ! ^^

And patience is the key for everything ^^.

Hey we're Friday today !
Old 07 April 2006, 12:25   #107
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Yes many of us wait for this game to be released and WHDified. But let's not be harsh to anyone about this. I think both of you mean good dlfsilver and Galahad. Dlfsilver promised the game to CFOU and that's it then, but let's not forget how many installs Galahad HAS done, even if there has been some delays/probs with other ones. So please don't flame mmkay?

Chill down guys, it's not long now
Old 07 April 2006, 13:00   #108
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

@Bamiga2002 : Please look up. Liquid kid was delayed A LOT OF TIME !
even if we all have a life and obligations, if we start a project or something, why should it be blocked because the person doesn't have the time ? It can happens to all of us.

The main problem here is that snow bros is very awaited, and i don't want it to be soiled by internal wars about who will do what with it.

NEVER forget that game creators are reading what is going on here on EAB.
Old 07 April 2006, 13:09   #109
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Welcome TheBozo

I think a guess to your true identity is not nessasary but a thankyou might be.
Old 07 April 2006, 13:19   #110
blade002
Zone Friend

Look at it this way. We didnt really all sit here waiting for Snow Bros because we didnt really know that it was going to ever be available to play in those 15 years, and if it had never been mentioned we all wouldnt know any better anyway.

So in a nutshell, just be damn thankful that we WILL be able to play an unreleased "commerical" title once more!!.. just be thankful that it showed up!!.. just be thankful in general, and everyone get off eachothers backs, because at the end of the day there are much bigger things in life to get all pissed off and stressed out about. put it into perspective.

Lets just wait and see and all will be good!. and no one die of a heart attack in the meantime, i dont want to find out anyone died over Snow Bro, because then you'll be waiting for an eternity!.. lol.
Old 07 April 2006, 13:50   #111
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Well said Blade002 !!!
Old 07 April 2006, 14:31   #112
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver
Well said Blade002 !!!
Thankyou
Old 07 April 2006, 14:35   #113
IFW

For the record: I can take a look at it both in London and back at home. But a release wouldn't happen anyway before I go back.
Old 07 April 2006, 14:35   #114
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Can someone please close this thread until the game is actually released? If ever over-hype about a game has killed enthusiasm for it, this is it. Such a shame...
Old 07 April 2006, 14:49   #115
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver
@Bamiga2002 : Please look up. Liquid kid was delayed A LOT OF TIME !
even if we all have a life and obligations, if we start a project or something, why should it be blocked because the person doesn't have the time ? It can happens to all of us.
I don't know the case of Liquid Kids, is there a thread about that? Anyway it's released now
Old 07 April 2006, 15:03   #116
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBozo
I confirm. it's too funny to see. It's look like my children with their last toy. (I like theses Smileys)

You did wait during 15 years, one week more won't kill you and personnally i don't think you will have the thrust of guys who have GTW if anybody can't hold a given promise.

Just be happy somes guys have archived these lost games, other guys work hardly for saves them, and enjoy when you have. That's just games. .

PS: Your Community is very cool and it's pleasant to see passionnates peoples !!
Everything is said !!!
Old 07 April 2006, 15:38   #117
Paul
RIP Friends

OK Codetapper I'll close this Thread
Old 09 April 2006, 20:10   #118
BippyM
Global Moderator

Thread opened for announcement
Old 09 April 2006, 20:13   #119
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

At last !!!!!!

SNOW BROS IS NOW OUT !!!!!

Here is the link to download it : http://.de/files/17590968/SnowBros_Amiga.zip

You'll find it right after on AGTW !!!! don't forget to check it !!!!
Old 09 April 2006, 20:28   #120
DamienD
Banned

Excellent, thank you dlfrsilver + CFOU

My only problem is that I'm unable to download from with my ISP as I think I'm behind transparent proxy servers or a web cache (can you believe this)

I'll need to grab this from AGTW instead

Last edited by DamienD; 09 April 2006 at 20:34.