English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 08 March 2019, 00:51   #101
Megatron
Peace through tyranny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roondar View Post
The two translations I provided here (both the one on warranty and the one on the Amiga Reloaded project) are accurate representations of what you wrote and fit exactly with what you're writing as clarification in this post. This doesn't mean I didn't make any errors elsewhere (notably my misreading of the 64 ultimate vs reloaded), but I stand by the translations.

However, I do agree that bickering endlessly is pointless. With that in mind:
I have honestly never heard of this myself, certainly not as a something that happens a lot. I'll have to take your word for it then.

I apologize, I apparently misread that.

As in, I'm sure I remember reading "De C64 Reloaded is leuk maar de Ultimate 64 is gewoon 10x beter" instead of what it actually says "De C64 Reloaded is leuk maar de Ultimate 64 is naar zeggen gewoon 10x beter".

I would like to thank you for Amiga 30. It was a great event and I was very happy to be there. It's very good to see people going out of their way to make these events happen, too many of us (probably including me) mostly talk the talk - it takes guts to put money up for these things.

As for Amiga Reloaded vs community projects such as Re-Amiga & Ami: I don't feel like arguing the point. Sometimes agreeing to disagree is best.

You're correct. Bickering is pointless.

Like I already said in the post you replied to, if you didn't mean to be negative, I do apologize. I stated it far too much as 'fact' and far too little as 'my interpretation'. I guess my personal disappointment over this actually happening made me react more out of anger than out of reason.

---
As for initially not believing the e-mail you posted: it really is nothing personal. There is so much nonsense being thrown up on the internet that I normally err on the side of not believing until there is good reason to believe.

However, by now I understand you are one of the people involved in organising Amiga 30/Amiga 34 and that does change matters - meaning now there is an actual reason to believe it.
Edit: well and Jens posting on FaceBook, but I didn't know about that until after I made this post.
All good man... It is just sad that all this happening.. AGAIN... like we have seen in the past with other companies.

I did see some german reports where.. well.. to my confusion, Jens is pretty much challenging Mike to take a stand.. anyhow.. I guess these two need to battle it out. I am a bit careful though in taking a position.. as we all should be very careful as what TRULY is going on versus what is being shared by both might be incomplete i.e. partially complete or a personal view.
Old 08 March 2019, 00:53   #102
Megatron
Peace through tyranny!

So this shared mail.. seems to now be popping up everywhere.. and although the initial intent was to share it to honour Jens his last sentence... I now understand he finds the publication maybe less what he wanted.. and he might carry on.. depending on how it goes.

Honestly... I am staying out of this now.
Old 08 March 2019, 01:44   #103
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

@ExiE, roondar:

It's yet another illegal and immoral act by Cloanto: they only licenced it for Amiga Forever 5.0, yet they continued to include it unlicenced in all subsequent releases. See here: https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en/33/it...ip-of-p96.html

Last edited by Minuous; 08 March 2019 at 01:58.
Old 08 March 2019, 08:43   #104
grond

@Minuous:

That seems a rather creative Interpretation of the words "upgrade privileges". If it had been meant like that, duration of the granted license would have entirely depended on the actions of the license taker. I have never seen such a license deal. Given the situation surrounding Amiga in 2001, the price Cloanto paid certainly seemed a good deal to the P96 guys.
Old 08 March 2019, 09:43   #105
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

It's the straightforward literal interpretation. Cloanto have a history of "creative interpretation" of licences in an attempt to broaden them to give themselves rights they never had, contrary to what the licence actually says. Eg. trying to claim their Kickstart licence for the Amiga Forever package gives them ownership of practically all the Amiga IP.

Cloanto should withdraw their illegal product and offer refunds to all the customers they have defrauded. Of course knowing the dishonourable way they conduct themselves they will never do that.

Last edited by Minuous; 08 March 2019 at 09:52.
Old 08 March 2019, 10:18   #106
kolla
Banned

How about your own illegal activities?
Old 08 March 2019, 10:53   #107
DamienD
Banned

Right. Getting real tired of you accusing people of illegal activities / derailing every Vampire or 3.1.4 thread kolla.

I also know that another GM has only recently sent you a PM regarding the above but clearly you don't care and continue with your constant rubbish.

Final warning for you
Old 08 March 2019, 20:23   #108
Korodny
Zone Friend

kolla does have a point though: Minous has a long history of pirating AmigOS or parts of it - and being quite vocal about it. He used to host OS 3.9 at one point, but that seems to have been removed from his site.

It's likely he clashed with Cloanto at one point thanks to this kind of behaviour, so having him vomit his blind Cloanto hatred into all of these threads on various forums is quickly loosing its initial charm.
Old 10 March 2019, 19:53   #109
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Every time I come back to the EAB (every few months) it a new member gets banned right in from my eyes (I am not exaggerating).
Since this is statistically unlikely to happen by chance I shiver at the thought of how frequently bans must occur when I am not browsing the EAB.

Sorry for the off topic everyone, I will not mention this topic anymore nor debate any response in the interest of this thread. If I deem necessary to discuss it I will do so in the proper moderation related topics (and encourage everyone to do so).
Old 11 March 2019, 10:23   #110
Megatron
Peace through tyranny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6 View Post
Thanks, but I was referring to the facebook post, which has since been posted.

btw, the company is "C-A Acquisitions Corporation" and not "Cloanto".
Source

Who you think is behind C-A Acquisitions Corporation? It is a normal procedure that when you acquire a shell with trademarks and what not, to not just dump it all in your own existing one but look at the long term. You set up a company.. Call it the Cloanto-Amiga Acquisition Corporation or in this case in short C-A .. and then you see what strategy you maintain.
Old 11 March 2019, 13:15   #111
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Every time I come back to the EAB (every few months) it a new member gets banned right in from my eyes (I am not exaggerating).
Since this is statistically unlikely to happen by chance I shiver at the thought of how frequently bans must occur when I am not browsing the EAB.

Sorry for the off topic everyone, I will not mention this topic anymore nor debate any response in the interest of this thread. If I deem necessary to discuss it I will do so in the proper moderation related topics (and encourage everyone to do so).
ReadOnlyCat,

Threads are not the place to discuss the banning of members. If you feel you need clarification as to why this occurred then please PM one of the Global Moderators.

...you haven't been here in months, it's just a coincidence that someone has been banned while you are back again reading threads. This is the first banning of a member in many, many months.

You don't know the reasons behind kolla's ban so... in a nutshell, he has been derailing / trolling every single Vampire / OS 3.1.4 / numerous other threads for many months now. The number of his posts being reported by members are in double figures. He has also been politely warned via PM from more than one GM but totally ignores, doesn't respond and continues with his usual antics.

Anyway, end of discussion please.
Old 11 March 2019, 14:49   #112
number6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
Who you think is behind C-A Acquisitions Corporation? It is a normal procedure that when you acquire a shell with trademarks and what not, to not just dump it all in your own existing one but look at the long term. You set up a company.. Call it the Cloanto-Amiga Acquisition Corporation or in this case in short C-A .. and then you see what strategy you maintain.
There are reasons to keep the names separate.

https://twitter.com/amigadocuments/s...07155642159104

Old 13 March 2019, 20:58   #113
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
BTW the newest Buddha has a DOM that includes full AOS if I'm not mistaken, with that same auto OS installer as on the ACA500+, it's not just the scsi.device.
It's only the DOM with the OS; the Buddha scsi.device is by Oliver Kastl.
Old 15 March 2019, 00:14   #114
Megatron
Peace through tyranny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by number6 View Post
There are reasons to keep the names separate.

https://twitter.com/amigadocuments/s...07155642159104

To my point.. you cannot sink it into an existing entity if that is not the final destination as the purchaser/broker is a different person/company or funds from a different source have been used.
Old 15 March 2019, 00:53   #115
NovaCoder

Anyway to get back on topic

I was personally looking forward to see the reloaded but with the delays, lack of updates from Jens and this latest BS it's not looking very likely is it?

I'm now thinking that this is the closest we can get to a reloaded rea1200-motherboard
Old 16 March 2019, 08:30   #116
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Anyway to get back on topic

I was personally looking forward to see the reloaded but with the delays, lack of updates from Jens and this latest BS it's not looking very likely is it?

I'm now thinking that this is the closest we can get to a reloaded rea1200-motherboard

I quote, because I am one of those looking forward to the reloaded.

Given the situation, I am not sure if this is going to happen. In case, I am certainly going to buy one.

My personal problem with the outstanding Chucky one is that I am not confident to solder all the required components.
Old 16 March 2019, 11:52   #117
mariovieira

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
My personal problem with the outstanding Chucky one is that I am not confident to solder all the required components.
That is my problem too... I wouldn’t mind buying one of those ready to install on my A1200...