English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 June 2002, 03:49   #81
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by DPainter
Rawread can be found at none other than Toni's site. I'm going to give Terrorpods a whirl tonight and hope its protection is basic enough that rawread can handle it.

Yes, please update your MIA list and distinguish between Missies/Nessies, and also reply to your PMs!
Looking forward to the possibility of a (copyable) disk-based Terrorpods! My MIA list already has the Missies/Nessies split, it's other stuff that's not yet finished. I have also included an Edutainment Wants List in there, as well. That one, although not yet complete, was a lot of work to compile.

PM's: yes, there are several PM's that I have not yet responded to, but will do so tonight (after consuming mass quantities of tea).
Old 25 June 2002, 18:21   #82
DPainter

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost

Looking forward to the possibility of a (copyable) disk-based Terrorpods! My MIA list already has the Missies/Nessies split, it's other stuff that's not yet finished. I have also included an Edutainment Wants List in there, as well. That one, although not yet complete, was a lot of work to compile.

PM's: yes, there are several PM's that I have not yet responded to, but will do so tonight (after consuming mass quantities of tea).
You realize of course that your MIA list (and Cody's) is destined to become the definitive reference for this stuff. I think RCK should let you spruce them up as HTML pages in the tradition of the FBI's most wanted fugitives.

I am happy to be able to say again, check the Zone! Let's see who's first to reply with double-barrel screenshots.

Hint:
Floppies: DF0 only
KS: 1.2
CHIPSET: OCS, NTSC, Immediate blits
RAM: 1MB CHIP, 0 FAST
CPU: More compatible
Old 25 June 2002, 22:50   #83
Chuckles
The Ancient One

@Twistin' Ghost

I hadn't looked at this thread in quite a while, till the recent activity drew my attention to it again. That prompted me to peruse the MIA list again, and I realized that I had a cracked version of Atomix on hand. I've uploaded it to the zone after making sure I could get it to run with WinUAE, so that should strike one more off of your list.

@Dpainter
Thanks for the uploads of Deep Space, Terrorpods and Arctic Fox. All three have been on my list of titles that I have on my A500, but had yet to get working on WinUAE. My original of Deep Space was dead from bit rot (though I still had one working copy), and I had already dumped Terrorpods and sent the dumps to Galahad. The last I saw, his whdload crack was at 90% complete. As for Arctic Fox, I've had a number of dumps of it, but have yet to get any of them to work. I'll give this one a shot though, and if I can get it working, I'll let you know.
Old 26 June 2002, 02:42   #84
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
You realize of course that your MIA list (and Cody's) is destined to become the definitive reference for this stuff. I think RCK should let you spruce them up as HTML pages in the tradition of the FBI's most wanted fugitives.

I am happy to be able to say again, check the Zone! Let's see who's first to reply with double-barrel screenshots.

Hint:
Floppies: DF0 only
KS: 1.2
CHIPSET: OCS, NTSC, Immediate blits
RAM: 1MB CHIP, 0 FAST
CPU: More compatible
Hey, will check out the AF, although I think this has been discussed in a different thread earlier in the day. We're getting closer, that's for sure.

In my updated MIA, it kinda precludes the other two MIA lists on the board, because I have merged them. Initially, my original list I passed on to Cody (after convincing him that the titles really existed) and then I decided to make my own MIA later down the road. Now, I find that it's cumbersome having to refer to three lists (mine, Cody's and scifi's...which I assume he is working on completing), so I have taken their lists and integrated them into one master MIA. Plus it eliminates some of the titles left on Cody's that have been found, as well as scifi's Found list.

A special page for this Wanted list might be a good idea. On such a page, more details could be provided, including ads, coverscans, etc. that might help resolve the issue of the games' existance.

Quote:
Originally posted by Chuckles
I hadn't looked at this thread in quite a while, till the recent activity drew my attention to it again. That prompted me to peruse the MIA list again, and I realized that I had a cracked version of Atomix on hand. I've uploaded it to the zone after making sure I could get it to run with WinUAE, so that should strike one more off of your list.
Thanks, Chuckles. I'll take a look at that Atomix. Even as this game may have only one actual title, there are clearly two different title screens which display the C/X differently. Would be nice to have the odd screen!

And yeah, I think my Deep Space (and an old copy of Terrorpods) died of bit rot, as well. I've since bought a clean original of Terrorpods, but you rarely ever run across an original of Deep Space (and when you do, it tends to be pricey!)
Old 26 June 2002, 05:26   #85
Chuckles
The Ancient One

Hmmm ... I'm not 100% sure that the Atomix that I uploaded is what you were looking for after all, Twist. The intro calls it "Atomix", but when you get to the title screen, it calls it "Atomic". It is a Thalion release, and I was thinking that "Atomic" was a different game entirely. Sorry about that.
Old 26 June 2002, 06:04   #86
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

The file you uploaded is
Atomic (1990)(Thalion Software)[cr VF][h Aggressors].zip

CRC = 7de918f2
Old 26 June 2002, 07:10   #87
scifi
Resurrected...

@Twistin' Ghost

I'm near completion of my MIA Listing. It should be up in the beggining of the following week!

It's really difficult, as you see, because I had to exclude many titles that were included in compilations! You see, I'm a little behind in this field!
Old 27 June 2002, 18:26   #88
DPainter

Floppy disk

Three more Twistin' MIA titles in the Zone (you'll have to discover for yourself which ones)
Old 28 June 2002, 10:24   #89
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by scifi
I'm near completion of my MIA Listing. It should be up in the beggining of the following week!

It's really difficult, as you see, because I had to exclude many titles that were included in compilations! You see, I'm a little behind in this field!
Hey, tell me about it! I have spent the last two days diligently cleaning up my MIA list, adding to it, making corrections, making it more presentable, verifying, etc. Unfathomable task, indeed. And even when I post it (probably within a few hours), it's still beta and missing quite a lot of stuff. But I had to stop somewhere!

Oh, and I have some more request fills from your list that I'll get to in just a bit...

Quote:
Three more Twistin' MIA titles in the Zone (you'll have to discover for yourself which ones)
What a SWEETHEART!!! Am I right? Is this guy the livin' end or what? (EAB audience applauds in a loud roar)

Seriously, I thank you again. I have downloaded the files and will have to finish reading the last two days worth of messages before I can delve into them, lest I crash and lose my place on the message superhighway. I have butterflies in my stomach with anticipation. Plus I just can't wait to see what the heck Fred Loves Gary is!

And for those non-TOSEC non-requests, I'll send up nome nice new goodies I have picked up this week (once my system crashes and I get an hour recharge...)
Old 28 June 2002, 18:35   #90
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by Twistin'Ghost
Seriously, I thank you again. I have downloaded the files and will have to finish reading the last two days worth of messages before I can delve into them, lest I crash and lose my place on the message superhighway. I have butterflies in my stomach with anticipation. Plus I just can't wait to see what the heck Fred Loves Gary is!

And for those non-TOSEC non-requests, I'll send up nome nice new goodies I have picked up this week (once my system crashes and I get an hour recharge...)
See, that sort of enthusiastic response inspires me to keep staying up past 1:00 am sorting through stuff, renaming stuff and making lamer attempts at cracking Arctic Fox.

BTW, I'm posting a "split" version of Oh No! More Lemmings add-on. By split I mean I dumped tracks 0-50 to one file and 51-79 to another, otherwise my A500 runs out of RAMdisk. These files have headers, the exact length of which I can only guess. The real trick is that the add-on requires an original Lemmings disk, not a crack (as far as I can tell) so that means we'll probably need a raw dump of that as well. But for now at least you can take a couple of title screen shots (use NTSC chipset).
Old 28 June 2002, 23:15   #91
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Plus I just can't wait to see what the heck Fred Loves Gary is!
I did it for you.
I unDMS'd the disk, and voilà:
CRC = 2b005a11!

That's
Hyperforce (1989)(Prism Leisure)[cr VF].zip

Sorry for having to spoil the party again...

Last edited by andreas; 28 June 2002 at 23:41.
Old 28 June 2002, 23:24   #92
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas

I did it for you.
I unDMS'd the disk, and voilà:
CRC = 2b005a11!

That's
Hyperforce (1989)(Prism Leisure)[cr VF].zip

Sorry for having to spoil the party again...
Booo! You spoiled it for him..... NOT! Take off your TOSEC glasses and try booting the disk up and see for yourself. :laugh
Old 28 June 2002, 23:46   #93
andreas
Zone Friend

Exclamation

"fred loves gary.dms"

= Hyperforce & Artificial Dreams, both cracked by Vision Factory (VF). YES.
A compilation disk. Already in TOSEC, but wrongly it's been put into the main games section.
Twist, please test it too, so we can get got another witness.

Last edited by andreas; 29 June 2002 at 00:04.
Old 28 June 2002, 23:55   #94
Ian
Global Moderator

Artifical Dreams is on Twistin's MIA list, it's right there near the top in the first post to this thread.

I'm sure Twistin' will be most pleased more so when he realises he probably had this game for some time

I think DPainter wanted Twistin' to get a shock when he inserted the DMS without actually knowing what he was looking at.

But now it's been spoiled, oh well, I really wonder just how long it would have taken Twistin' to test this file anyway, probably a few months knowing the hecktic shedule he has
Old 28 June 2002, 23:59   #95
andreas
Zone Friend

Arrow

Ian: can YOU at least confirm that the "fred loves gary.dms" converted to ADF is 100% identical to the TOSEC Hyperforce/AD compilation? DPainter wanted to say in a kind way that I'm telling rubbish here... But I know I don't. I *do* know how to test stuff.
*not offended, but slightly irritated*
Old 29 June 2002, 00:03   #96
Ian
Global Moderator

Your missing what DPainter is getting at, your first post was with the TOSEC name, this is what he was questioning (I think)

Your second post is correct, as you have mentioned the second game on this disk, which is in Twistin' MIA list

I will check the disk against my TOSEC version, but that's not what the issue was (It is the same disk)

Last edited by Ian; 29 June 2002 at 00:11.
Old 29 June 2002, 00:06   #97
andreas
Zone Friend

OK. You're right. He might have wanted to express subliminally that the TOSEC name is wrong, and that he discovered another game *ON* that disk.
[EDIT] Now we have to get this game TO WORK. Good luck everybody...
Old 29 June 2002, 00:12   #98
Ian
Global Moderator

What do you mean by WORK??

I have just played it, works fine
Old 29 June 2002, 00:18   #99
Ian
Global Moderator

Proof
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ad.gif
Views:	227
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2808  
Old 29 June 2002, 00:20   #100
DPainter

Quote:
Originally posted by andreas
OK. You're right. He might have wanted to express subliminally that the TOSEC name is wrong, and that he discovered another game *ON* that disk.
Andreas, you understand why I laughed, right? You said you spoiled it, but then you failed to report that Artificial Dreams was on the disk. That's why I assumed you hadn't booted up the disk all the way, just like 99% of us here who never realized the game was already in TOSEC.

I'm sure there will be many more examples of this as people sift through the TOSEC collection, but I'm going to continue to post requests and not use the correct name because 1) it's more fun for Twistin' and 2) right now I'm sick of renaming things to the TOSEC standard.