English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 08 March 2015, 00:03   #81
Higgy

See Chips has been busy, yet another release. This time with RPi v2 optimisations, compiled to use Neon!

http://fdarcel.free.fr/uae4all2-rpi-chips-0_3.bz2
Now two binary: one for Raspberry Pi 1 and another one for Raspberry Pi 2 (Neon enabled)
Switch to gcc 4.8 compiler instead of 4.6.
Solve the emulator stuck at exit.
Old 08 March 2015, 22:03   #82
Higgy

Silly me. I've been posting @Chip's updates, but I have no clue on how to actually get them to run once on my RPi! Doh!!

Although it looks like @rSI has updated his binarys with latest AGA improvements & Neon compiling for RPi v2:

ftp://researchlab.spdns.de/rpi/uae4all/

Cheers
Old 09 March 2015, 11:44   #83
Chips

Where do you fails ?
You need to untar the archive ( tar jxf uae4all2-rpi-chips-0_3.bz2 )
You need to install libguichan, i don't remember exactly but following commands should help:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libguichan-0.8.1-1
sudo apt-get install libguichan-sdl-0.8.1-1

ideally i should link with static libguichan to make it easier... but anyway you need to install them up to now.

Then execute either uae4all2-rpi1 or uae4all2-rpi2 depending on your rpi version
Old 09 March 2015, 12:10   #84
Mark36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy View Post
Silly me. I've been posting @Chip's updates, but I have no clue on how to actually get them to run once on my RPi! Doh!!

Although it looks like @rSI has updated his binarys with latest AGA improvements & Neon compiling for RPi v2:

ftp://researchlab.spdns.de/rpi/uae4all/

Cheers
Excellent

I did recompile the uae4all source through Retropie over the weekend but this build looks better. Off topic a bit but its worth updating fbzx aswell as the new binary loses the mouse pointer for those speccy lovers.
Old 09 March 2015, 13:19   #85
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark36 View Post
Off topic a bit but its worth updating fbzx aswell as the new binary loses the mouse pointer for those speccy lovers.
Is it fbzx or FUSE? FUSE definitely shows the mouse pointer
It would be great to lose the mouse pointer on FUSE as that is the best Speccy emu at the moment.

I was fiddling with my RPi Sunday evening. I have made a USB Speccy keyboard. It has a PC & Speccy mode switch. Last night I managed to change the firmware to have 1-9 being F1-F9 and 0 = ESC in PC Mode.
This way I can enter the emulator menus

Click image for larger version

Name:	RPi_Speccy.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	43523
(I cheated and plugged USB mouse in and moved it to corner of the screen )

Spectrum - USB Keyboard project by Alistair MacDonald not me: http://hackaday.com/2014/07/31/zx-sp...-usb-keyboard/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chips View Post
Where do you fails ?
Ah, I missed the whole 'installing libguichan' thing. What a noob I am I did not realise it was not a compiled binary you posted.
The link I gave, I believe includes your V0.3 as Neon is mentioned. Thanks for all your great work on this project.

Last edited by Higgy; 09 March 2015 at 13:23. Reason: Added reply for Chips
Old 09 March 2015, 15:11   #86
Mark36

Quote:
Is it fbzx or FUSE? FUSE definitely shows the mouse pointer
It would be great to lose the mouse pointer on FUSE as that is the best Speccy emu at the moment.

I was fiddling with my RPi Sunday evening. I have made a USB Speccy keyboard. It has a PC & Speccy mode switch. Last night I managed to change the firmware to have 1-9 being F1-F9 and 0 = ESC in PC Mode.
This way I can enter the emulator menus

Attachment 43523
(I cheated and plugged USB mouse in and moved it to corner of the screen )

Spectrum - USB Keyboard project by Alistair MacDonald not me: http://hackaday.com/2014/07/31/zx-sp...-usb-keyboard/

It is indeed Fuse and the mouse pointer is disabled with the latest build.

https://github.com/petrockblog/Retro...4b73c906599bac

You can update Fuse here from retropie.

cd RetroPie-Setup
sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

That looks cool... I have a spectrum + 3 hooked up to an hxc interface. Love making my own disk compilation with multiface 128
Old 09 March 2015, 16:27   #87
Chips

Quote:
Ah, I missed the whole 'installing libguichan' thing. What a noob I am I did not realise it was not a compiled binary you posted.
It is a compiled binary, but it rely on an external library not installed by default on Raspbian
Old 10 March 2015, 08:51   #88
Higgy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark36 View Post
It is indeed Fuse and the mouse pointer is disabled with the latest build.

https://github.com/petrockblog/Retro...4b73c906599bac

You can update Fuse here from retropie.

cd RetroPie-Setup
sudo ./retropie_setup.sh

That looks cool... I have a spectrum + 3 hooked up to an hxc interface. Love making my own disk compilation with multiface 128
Thanks .
I got that upgraded last night. Was a little tricky as I have this on a 2GB card on my original Model B 256mb RPi, managed to get enough space to re-complie Fuse and add loads of games.
Good times I even loaded up Jetpac normal tape speed with loading sounds A comforting noise

P.S. Cheers Chips for your help.
Old 10 March 2015, 13:40   #89
Anubis
Retro Gamer

On Fuse I tried only Roller Coaster, game we played on RGL few months back. It works fine, even with annoying mouse.

It would be nicer to have zx spectrum keyboard, but that little computer never was popular on this side of big pond...

Was planning to work on uae4all2 update, but ended up playing openxcom.
Old 11 March 2015, 08:26   #90
ransom1122

I all for the last week, I have been trying to get Sound via my analogue 3.5mm jack whilst using HDMI for video, and I am unable to. I have tried so many different configs command lines, maybe I am doing something wrong somewhere, as i am linux illitrate. Can someone please explain in noobs terms how i can get sound via my 3.5mm jack.
As I said i dont know much about linux, i can get into the command prompt, do the sudo rwenable, then what?
does retropie automatically allow video via hdmi and sound from 3.5mm jack without any changes to the sd card?
Old 11 March 2015, 08:46   #91
Higgy

In the command promt (F4 or exit from RetroPie) type Sudo Raspi-config

You can then force 3.5mm sound out. It might be in 'Advanced' options or something.

I keep getting graphics corruption on the menu after a reboots with my 256mb Pi really annoying. Not sure if it is because its on a 256mb Pi or because I am trying to use my 2GB SD card.
Old 11 March 2015, 09:24   #92
ransom1122

Higgy, OK that worked, WOW 1st time im hearing sound from 3.5mm jack, Finally,

Though slightly off track, i have a custom 16gb image of mame4all with all roms which is set to read only. How do i fix that to work with sound.

I tried at prompt

sudo rwenable
sudo raspi-config (forced 3.5mm audio)
sudo reboot

and I get no sound? pleeeeeze how ?
Old 11 March 2015, 10:09   #93
Higgy

Ummmm... My bartop arcade with mame4all uses HDMI-VGA converter and there is a 3,5mm jack plug output on that.

I think you can force in /boot/config.txt but that I think is the same as using Raspi-config
Old 11 March 2015, 10:25   #94
ransom1122

Whats the command line when you edit the config.txt to force analgue audio?
Old 11 March 2015, 12:56   #95
Anubis
Retro Gamer

I am old fashioned and have kind of habit of use of VI editor for many years now, even there are better and easier editors out there.

I know lots of folks use nano editor.

So, try simple:
# sudo nano /boot/config.txt

and search what's in there.

I can't help more because I am at work atm.
Old 11 March 2015, 15:44   #96
Mark36

Anyone having issues quiting Uae4all via Retropie ? ...dispmanx is stalling for me and not returning to emulation station. I have been experimenting with different resolutions currently using 720x576 50z 16/9 and 352x270 in uae4all. Seems best fit for my 50" screen but locks on exit.

Only way I found to get back to emulation station is via putty.

sudo killall -9 uae4all
Old 12 March 2015, 07:59   #97
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
I am old fashioned and have kind of habit of use of VI editor for many years now, even there are better and easier editors out there.

I know lots of folks use nano editor.

So, try simple:
# sudo nano /boot/config.txt

and search what's in there.

I can't help more because I am at work atm.

tried typing exactly that and nothing happens after a reboot still no sound in mame?

I even tried copying the config.txt over to my mame4all sdcard and still no sound?

reminder I have sound with retropi image

when I boot with mame4all on sdcard, i have no audio sound on 3.5jack. This is now day 7 that I cant work out why and how to fix it?
Old 12 March 2015, 08:46   #98
Higgy

@ransom1122

For your mame4all, are you just using a Rasbian image that you installed mame4all onto that auto boots into mame4all?

Also is this on RPi v2?

You could try another thing. On my bartop I use PiPlay / Pimame.
Download the older 0.7.10 image, it is the last version with a simple TXT menu (easy to edit, and runs really quick on RPi v1):

http://blog.sheasilverman.com/pimame...i-os-download/

If you get sound from 3,5mm jack here then it is quite easy I am sure just to boot straight into mame4all menu.

I use an edited 'Higgy' edition with a few extra emulators. It is so quick I can play on one emulator, exit and swap to the next one. Ok there are no fancy EmulationStation graphics, but I just want it quick and enjoy the graphics of the games

Oh and I have my arcade controls setup via GPIO. There is some joypad support, but it is not as easy as RetroPie etc.

Last edited by Higgy; 12 March 2015 at 08:46. Reason: typo
Old 12 March 2015, 09:03   #99
ransom1122

Quote:
@ransom1122

For your mame4all, are you just using a Rasbian image that you installed mame4all onto that auto boots into mame4all?

Also is this on RPi v2?

You could try another thing. On my bartop I use PiPlay / Pimame.
Download the older 0.7.10 image, it is the last version with a simple TXT menu (easy to edit, and runs really quick on RPi v1):

http://blog.sheasilverman.com/pimame...i-os-download/

If you get sound from 3,5mm jack here then it is quite easy I am sure just to boot straight into mame4all menu.

I use an edited 'Higgy' edition with a few extra emulators. It is so quick I can play on one emulator, exit and swap to the next one. Ok there are no fancy EmulationStation graphics, but I just want it quick and enjoy the graphics of the games

Oh and I have my arcade controls setup via GPIO. There is some joypad support, but it is not as easy as RetroPie etc.

not 100% sure i think it's wheezy?? how do I tell? the image is made by a friend of mine who is certain sound works from his Pi 2 on the same image.

Yes I do have a Pi 2
Old 12 March 2015, 09:11   #100
Higgy

I get confused with this whole Wheezy etc thing.

You have all the sound drivers? ALSA?

"To have alsa audio support, you need the alsa development libraries; on raspbian, I think the package is called libasound2-dev (if not, try with libasound-dev or alsa-dev)."

Unfortuantely there is so much I don't understand with the Pi/Linux and it can get really annoying. RetroPie after a few reboots on my 256mb RPi goes to a black screen with 'choose' appearing in the corner. So annoying it starts off working.
And I don't know any other way at the moment to build the Fuse emulator with the removed 'mouse pointer' ARRHHHHH.