English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 January 2007, 22:54   #81
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo
Love or Hate it An A1 with Os4 Would/Should provide a better and cheaper solution to Buying a second hand A1200 with 060 card with Scandoubler,HD,usb e.t.c
Also if Os 4 could be hacked to run on a PPc (Mac) this should provide a solution to emulating Amiga on Ppcs? With its Jit Emulation and E-uae
The solution only works for me and I bet the vast majority of Mac users who are Amiga fans if OS4 can run all or a huge percentage of the games we have love. This would not, however, provide any sort of solution to Mac users who are using Intel Macs.
Old 16 January 2007, 23:09   #82
P-J

Quote:
Love or Hate it An A1 with Os4 Would/Should provide a better and cheaper solution to Buying a second hand A1200 with 060 card with Scandoubler,HD,usb e.t.c
Also if Os 4 could be hacked to run on a PPc (Mac) this should provide a solution to emulating Amiga on Ppcs? With its Jit Emulation and E-uae
A PC running WinUAE is an even cheaper solution. If you're happy with 68k emulation, then you're obviously happy with emulation.
Old 17 January 2007, 02:20   #83
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
A PC running WinUAE is an even cheaper solution. If you're happy with 68k emulation, then you're obviously happy with emulation.
Beautifully said, PJ, but to some people, spending hundreds of dollars/quid/euros/etc is more economical than using existing PC and an incredible emulator, WinUAE.

Anyway, from gaming standpoint, not many dudes gives a rats ass about missing out on the dozen or so PPC only Amiga games released, when they can play Rick Dangerous, Pirates!, Waxworks, Shadow of the Beast, Sensible Soccer, and thousands and thousands of the best games ever.
Old 17 January 2007, 13:27   #84
Retro1234
Phone Homer

WinUae is Great But nothing beats the real thing
Old 17 January 2007, 13:46   #85
P-J

Quote:
WinUae is Great But nothing beats the real thing
OS4 is not the real thing. It uses emulation to run 68k apps as I've already said. It's brainwashed you to believe it's the real thing when it's not.

The only similarity between the real Amiga and the one you're talking about is the fact the OS looks like the classic OS.

However if by 'the real thing' you were talking about a real Amiga, then I sit corrected.
Old 17 January 2007, 13:50   #86
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
Anyway, from gaming standpoint, not many dudes gives a rats ass about missing out on the dozen or so PPC only Amiga games released, when they can play Rick Dangerous, Pirates!, Waxworks, Shadow of the Beast, Sensible Soccer, and thousands and thousands of the best games ever.
Well, yeah, and I would openly admit that the PPC only games have no cheap solution. I have nothing at all against the people who use whatever expensive hardware makes them happy, but belittling us (the royal 'us') for using WinUAE because (god forbid) we'd rather not shell out hundreds of pounds on deprecated and unsupported hardware is just stupid. It's almost a hypocrisy since I can do more with WinUAE than one single classic Amiga machine.

Not to mention the fact that WinUAE will live on long after the last of the Amiga hardware has gone 'pop'.

Although I admit there are actually less of these 'zealot-like' purists around here than there was two or three years ago.
Old 17 January 2007, 16:59   #87
Fred the Fop
flaming faggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
Well, yeah, and I would openly admit that the PPC only games have no cheap solution. I have nothing at all against the people who use whatever expensive hardware makes them happy, but belittling us (the royal 'us') for using WinUAE because (god forbid) we'd rather not shell out hundreds of pounds on deprecated and unsupported hardware is just stupid. It's almost a hypocrisy since I can do more with WinUAE than one single classic Amiga machine.

Not to mention the fact that WinUAE will live on long after the last of the Amiga hardware has gone 'pop'.

Although I admit there are actually less of these 'zealot-like' purists around here than there was two or three years ago.
Take a zealot, any zealot, show them "Life of Brian", and they'll either see laugh the error of their ways or scream at you and the Pythons for being sacreligious.
Old 17 January 2007, 17:28   #88
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred the Duck
Take a zealot, any zealot, show them "Life of Brian", and they'll either see laugh the error of their ways or scream at you and the Pythons for being sacreligious.
I propose the latter