English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 04 May 2013, 23:25   #821
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
ACATune is now in the support section of http://www.icomp.de at the very top of the list
Excellent!
Old 04 May 2013, 23:50   #822
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
If you have a complaint about my website (something like "I can't find XY"), there is an "eMail" button on it, which opens a support ticket. Instead of elaborating here (where I don't officially read it), you could have used the time and tell me and my employees what I could improve.
Let's hope this time you take a note dJOS...
Old 05 May 2013, 00:16   #823
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Let's hope this time you take a note dJOS...
Excuse me but I did NOT raise the subject!!!

I merely confirmed Steve's experiance of it not being on Jens site!!!
Old 05 May 2013, 00:17   #824
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dJOS View Post
I found it using google and so didnt bother taking it any further, the only reason I chimed in was others mentioned they had the same experiance.
For the next time then...
Old 05 May 2013, 00:22   #825
dJOS

Quote:
For the next time then...
Look why are you lot making a federal case over this? So I had a disagreement over 1 product with Jens a while back and now you lot are blowing this tiny little issue out of all proportion!!

As a moderator you should know better!!
Old 05 May 2013, 00:28   #826
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Oh, as a moderator I do know when a forum is the wrong place to complain as the producer of the product explained to you several times already. Maybe using less exclamation marks and finally stop whining here on every occasion and instead actually using the proposed support channels to improve the situation would be a valuable alternative. Think about it!!!
Old 05 May 2013, 00:34   #827
dJOS

All I did was confirm another's experiance and note Jens site had a few bits needing an update, you and others blew this out of all proportion - you need to take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror!

Anyway not discussing it any further so stop accusing me of things I didn't do.
Old 05 May 2013, 00:42   #828
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You know that moderators can still see the posts you just deleted? It's a pathetic move and just proves that you know that you were doing something wrong here. I'll leave it at that, but next time you should really think twice about how you respond to any of Jens' threads here. Consider this an official warning.
Old 05 May 2013, 00:53   #829
dJOS

Quote:
You know that moderators can still see the posts you just deleted? It's a pathetic move and just proves that you know that you were doing something wrong here. I'll leave it at that, but next time you should really think twice about how you respond to any of Jens' threads here. Consider this an official warning.
What drugs are you on man? I haven't deleted any posts!

I edited some of my posts shortly after posting them to correct grammar and spelling because my typing skils on a smart phone are a bit rubbish but I have NEVER deleted any posts!
Old 05 May 2013, 00:56   #830
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Nice to see the posts back...

You better watch it and you're surely barking up the wrong tree right now.
Old 05 May 2013, 01:09   #831
dJOS

You owe me an apology, I've never deleted my own posts!
Old 05 May 2013, 01:25   #832
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Why don't you (both) use PM's? I'm getting bored.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 May 2013 at 19:41.
Old 05 May 2013, 01:31   #833
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I apology if you haven't deleted any posts, but I still think you should first let Jens know before escalating the situation here. I really meant that you should remember that the same situation happened in the ACA500 thread and it would be better for the next time to just let Jens know first and then complain here. This is not the official support forum for Jens products and letting him know first is only fair.
Old 05 May 2013, 01:43   #834
dJOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I'm boring.
Freudian slip?

Quote:
I apology if you haven't deleted any posts, but I still think you should first let Jens know before escalating the situation here. I really meant that you should remember that the same situation happened in the ACA500 thread and it would be better for the next time to just let Jens know first and then complain here. This is not the official support forum for Jens products and letting him know first is only fair.
For the record,

A/ I did contact Jens privately re the aca500 1st before joining others in asking for changes here in this topic (I felt his answer didn't understand the a500 owners but lets not go there again).

B/ I didn't make the first post about the missing acatune software, I merely confirmed I'd found the same thing.

Last edited by prowler; 05 May 2013 at 01:57. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 05 May 2013, 09:17   #835
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Sorry about yesterday. I re-read the last page of this thread after a good night's sleep and indeed you posts that got me a bit worried were merely to clear your point towards zharn. I misinterpreted the smilies and in general overreacted here.
Old 05 May 2013, 09:33   #836
dJOS

Apology accepted and thanks for the PM as well.
Old 08 May 2013, 13:31   #837
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
It's not software-selectable, but putting a wire link between two spots. This will change the CPU clock divisor from 3 to 2. The crystal on the board is 50MHz and remains in place. The design is fully async, meaning that the CPU runs async to the A1200 and the memory controller runs async to the CPU.

Could you do the same tests that I have made? I mean bustest and sysinfo. I'd like to know how much faster the Blizzard 1220 is.

Jens
Jens

http://www.vesalia.de/e_aca1220[7948].htm

Vesalia says "Full MC68020 CPU clocked at 16.67 MHz, 20 MHz or 25 MHz"

Is this officially sanctioned or easy now?

If not and I wanted to void my warranty which pins do I need to connect to put it to 25MHz?
Old 08 May 2013, 15:28   #838
Mr B

I'm not going to say it is so, but i think the numbers are down to different planed/expected versions.
Old 08 May 2013, 19:23   #839
Schoenfeld
electricky.

correct - Every now and then, I get a shipment with higher-speed processors, and that's when I can assemble them - combined with the correct clock setting for that processor. Whenever a reseller offers a certain speed, it will be the speed that is printed on the processor. That is also the speed that you get a warranty for. I will not sell any 1220 or 1232 boards with overclocked processors.

That does not mean that a single processor does not run at a higher speed. It means that I cannot provide the level of testing that's required for selling a card with 2 years warranty and customer support at a given price. If you overclock, you're on your own. If someone else overclocks and then sells to you, then this "someone else" will be responsible for the stability of your system.

Jens
Old 08 May 2013, 20:46   #840
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Understand that.. but could you tell us (or more rather ME) how I overclock it? Which pins?