English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 03 July 2012, 22:11   #801
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Yes, I spotted the disintegrated Nintendo SNES.. I wonder if that was a result of too long or something else. Either way, I think Retrobright isnt going to be replaced by that method for some time!
Old 03 July 2012, 22:23   #802
ViewSonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
leave in too long and shatters like glass
Yeah... if left in overnight. Back to white in 15 min.... that's a lot shorter than overnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
Yes, I spotted the disintegrated Nintendo SNES.. I wonder if that was a result of too long or something else. Either way, I think Retrobright isnt going to be replaced by that method for some time!
I think he said he bought it like that... It looks like it has been sitting in an attic in Arizona for the last 10 years. Prob not going to replace it but plan to keep it in the back of my mind.

Last edited by prowler; 03 July 2012 at 23:21. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use multi-quote.

Old 11 July 2012, 01:13   #803
spanner
none

Where can you get 30% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) i think they have stopped seling it cos I tried at the chemist and they only had the one that you use for cuts like a disinfectant that was at 9%.Dam those bomb makers...

??

Last edited by spanner; 11 July 2012 at 01:28.
Old 11 July 2012, 01:27   #804
spanner
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnim View Post
just for info guys bblonde has changed bottle design

Will this work for really bad yellowing(if you seen my video you know wht I am talking about)You can get it in Boots..??
Old 11 July 2012, 03:20   #805
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner View Post
Where can you get 30% hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) i think they have stopped seling it cos I tried at the chemist and they only had the one that you use for cuts like a disinfectant that was at 9%.Dam those bomb makers...

??
Try a painters supply. Thats where i got it from, here in Sweden. Admittedly, that was 35%, not 30, and i guess that was something they had sitting on a shelf, since the law here nowdays say 17.5% should be the legal limit for someone without proper paperwork. Not sure what paperwork they want tho...
B!
Old 11 July 2012, 09:02   #806
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:

??
eBay.. its really NOT hard - bought some last week (link in previous page of this thread if you'd looked)

Quote:
Will this work for really bad yellowing(if you seen my video you know wht I am talking about)You can get it in Boots..??
Posts 768 and 793 (the PREVIOUS page if you could have bothered to look) - this IS what people are using (or a big bottle of similar from eBay).

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:53. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 11 July 2012, 14:40   #807
spanner
none

I asked cos I want to get it in the UK Not online from another county but from boots or something that link is in another country.If you lived in the UK your would know what Boots is.

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:54. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 11 July 2012, 20:24   #808
mancity

Quote:
I asked cos I want to get it in the UK Not online from another county but from boots or something that link is in another country.If you lived in the UK your would know what Boots is.
Get some BBlonde from Tesco.

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:55. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 11 July 2012, 22:52   #809
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
You can buy Bblonde peroxide cream and Peroxide liquid on eBay in the UK and sourced in the UK. You were AGAIN too lazy to look.

I thought after your initial post that we'd finally got a result and got you to stop spamming this place (and AmiBay) with your new threads and posts where you've been too lazy to search but you then edit it to change your mind. Maybe you should just stick to your original idea and do what you said.. i.e. not bother posting here again.

I gave you a private and friendly "hint" to try searching once in a while and you chose to ignore it totally. I know there are people at AmiBay too who find you an irritation but maybe they are more polite than I am?

I'd happily get OFF your back if you'd just agree to not be such a lazy arse and actually USE the search facilities here and at AmiBay before posting your questions.

EDIT: Some helpful user pointed out the IGNORE list to me ---- I need not be bothered by you any more.. If only I had searched how to ignore people

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:56. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 12 July 2012, 01:04   #810
spanner
none

Ok iam sorry all about this I ve been getting to drunk lately,so I will search more and less posts.

THANKS FOR THE HELP..AND IM SORRY AGAIN THERE WAS NO NEED FOR IT...

See ya and take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methanoid View Post
You can buy Bblonde peroxide cream and Peroxide liquid on eBay in the UK and sourced in the UK. You were AGAIN too lazy to look.

I thought after your initial post that we'd finally got a result and got you to stop spamming this place (and AmiBay) with your new threads and posts where you've been too lazy to search but you then edit it to change your mind. Maybe you should just stick to your original idea and do what you said.. i.e. not bother posting here again.

I gave you a private and friendly "hint" to try searching once in a while and you chose to ignore it totally. I know there are people at AmiBay too who find you an irritation but maybe they are more polite than I am?

I'd happily get OFF your back if you'd just agree to not be such a lazy arse and actually USE the search facilities here and at AmiBay before posting your questions.

EDIT: Some helpful user pointed out the IGNORE list to me ---- I need not be bothered by you any more.. If only I had searched how to ignore people

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:57. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 12 July 2012, 01:13   #811
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Come on, Methanoid. You've got 1243 post and Spanner has just started in this forum. Everybody asks too much at the beginning. I'm still doing it, and I'm not lazy to search
Old 12 July 2012, 10:48   #812
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Come on, Methanoid. You've got 1243 post and Spanner has just started in this forum. Everybody asks too much at the beginning. I'm still doing it, and I'm not lazy to search
Sure if he was a noob, but unfortunately he's an experienced user.

It's obvious really - http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64735

AKA spannernick,

I'd hazard a guess he lost his PW and hence rejoined.

So you can see why it IS so frustrating as he just WONT make the effort

Last edited by prowler; 12 July 2012 at 22:58. Reason: Cleanup.
Old 12 July 2012, 13:25   #813
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, he has time here, but that's not a way to treat him
Old 12 July 2012, 16:05   #814
spanner
none

Anyway no worries,I will not be asking any questions no more,I find it myself by searching.
I do search but sometimes I can't find the answer I am looking for so I post it instead,I have lean't my lesion and won't do that again,I have said sorry what more do you want from me.I guess this forum has become my life but I don't have much else to do.
Can we just now move on and live our lifes the way we should and try to enjoy the Amiga community cos thats why we are all here for.
Thanks for standing up for me Retrofan..
Laters.

Last edited by spanner; 12 July 2012 at 16:26.
Old 12 July 2012, 19:00   #815
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Anyway no worries,I will not be asking any questions no more,I find it myself by searching.
No, man, you've got friends here, and you can ask me. BUT this is not the answer. Who has to beg you pardon is Methanoid.

And I'm really sorry that no moderator has been here all day.

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 July 2012 at 22:10.
Old 12 July 2012, 21:15   #816
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
No, man, you've got friends here, and you can ask me. BUT this is not the answer. Who has to beg you perdon is Methanoid.

No, I don't. I asked him nicely by PM to search and he didn't. So I expressed my frustration here. And he's accepted he needs to search so no need to beg any pardons.

And *I* brought this to a mods attention so he could mod away at me and it wasn't so that says to me that the mod didn't think it needed moderating.

So, you're on Spanner's side in this. Fine. But the matter is closed and hopefully we'll all move on.

BTW Spanner, nice website. Liked the launcher info. You might want to fix that dead link on the far right tab on the opening page
Old 12 July 2012, 21:46   #817
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It's not a side or another, it's just the way to say it, you should agree with me. Ok, I shoudn't reply, but I don't like this things. Pardon if I'm off topic. I won't post more about it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 12 July 2012 at 22:08.
Old 12 July 2012, 22:27   #818
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
It's not a side or another, it's just the way to say it, you should agree with me. Ok, I shoudn't reply, but I don't like this things. Pardon if I'm off topic. I won't post more about it.
It's DONE now... over..

Let's get back to Retrobrite discussion. I should have some pics soon of my latest efforts (A1200 KB, A4000 KB, Microsoft Mouse, etc). Soon... promise!
Old 12 July 2012, 23:00   #819
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:

I do search but sometimes I can't find the answer I am looking for so I post it instead,I have lean't my lesion and won't do that again.
Hi Spanner,

While it must be embarrassing to have missed an answer to your query which appeared earlier in the same thread, please don't let this deter you from ever again asking a question if you cannot find the solution to your problem by searching the forums. That really is quite acceptable, whatever impression Methanoid may have given you.

Quote:
That's been put right now.

Last edited by prowler; 13 July 2012 at 01:03.
Old 09 August 2012, 23:05   #820
darthsteve333

Hi,

I've just joined this board as a result of reading this thread and attempting to clean up a second hand C64 I found for £5.00 at a car boot sale last weekend.

I'm so impressed with the results that I thought I should post them in order to help others who may be on the fence about whether or not to try the process.

For the record, I used the "bBlonde" hydrogen peroxide cream with a little bit of Tesco's own brand Oxy Cleaner. I didn't dilute the Oxy cleaner at all and just mixed a little into about 40ml of the cream and painted it on.

As I did this yesterday evening, there was no daylight left and so I exposed the shell to a UV lamp for approximately 4 hours before bed. Today, the case has been left in the sunshine for a further 9 hours or so.

Anyway, here is the before picture (the photo actually makes the case look less orange than it was):

Here is a picture of the keyboard, which was just a bit dirty and dusty and wasn't subjected to the 'retr0brite' treatment:

And finally, here is a picture of the power brick and plug (which are a closer representation of the colour of the C64 before cleaning). Again, I've not used the 'retr0brite' solution on these either:

I'll post the 'After' images next...

Last edited by darthsteve333; 09 August 2012 at 23:43. Reason: Enormous picture re-sizing