English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 21 February 2013, 23:05   #61
emufan

no problem. compare with first posting here and dont forget the lw tutorial videos.
Old 21 February 2013, 23:07   #62
diablothe2nd

i'm currently raping the ftp of those as i type this
Old 22 February 2013, 01:25   #63
emufan

i did the things from "Lightwave 3D Displacement Mapping, Morphing & Bones". is not that bad, to learn some basics. if you run LW5, you will see, the video is based on an earlier version. but thats ok

added to 1st posting:
GonzaloMacros v1.2, found them on AmigaFormat 10 1997 (zoned).
CyberGFXRenderer 1.2 ( Imaginative Systems ) (zoned)
Particle Fountain 1.0 ( zoned )
LightSocket 1.2 ( demo on aminet )
Dust 2.47 incl.keyfile ( zoned )
ExtractX by Daniel Ritchie ( zoned )

Last edited by emufan; 23 February 2013 at 00:00.
Old 23 February 2013, 02:14   #64
klx300r

thanks guys, all these nice add-ons will be fun to explore once I get my 1200 setup again hopefully soon
Old 24 February 2013, 01:29   #65
emufan

np. if you ever find something else, just give a note. some rendering results will suffice too

i added Forge v1.0 by Steve Worley and Essence I & II v3.0 ( for use with forge ).
the tool was done for Imagine, but the tool was used to create textures for lightwave too.
the realtime render preview is simply great. you (can) load essence/imagine .itx textures and .att attributes.
so you can do animated sequences with those textures.
it results in image-sequences which you can use with lightwave. very cool, i must say.

little how-to:

install forge _and_ essence vol I and II 3.0
use same folder for installation
start forge and load one of the essence textures
Press "S" button until you read "Editing: Only Start" - change initial values of your texture with the sliders.
Press "E" button and the "arrow" until you read "Editing: Only End" - change values again.
click "Option" button, set number of frames and texture size, anti-aliasing value, image format - then click "Set"
you can choose to "save grey only" , to make some bump, or displacement maps.
next hit render and choose filename with numerical-part, like: sequence001.jpg or bump100.jpg
next you can use the image sequence as a texture for your object in lightwave ( texture "T" for "surface color" for example).

thats basicaly the whole thing.

its definately worth a look.

Edit: here i have a rendering. did animate the texture with forge and put image sequence on the popcan.lwo object, added rotations too. rendering a ham8 anim (752x576) and using Anim2gif (incl. scale, change color depth) to save as animated gif. cool
Attached Images

Last edited by emufan; 24 February 2013 at 19:51.
Old 25 February 2013, 21:07   #66
emufan

added:
- WipeStudio [incl. reg files in HF-WSR.LHA] ( zoned )
program does not start. running snoopdos while starting it, emulation crashs with a guru. rather strange.
maybe it does need a running toaster. please test and report back.
HF-WSR.LHA contains "def1" and "reg" files. its ment to be a crack, removes limits.
- ControlTower 1.0 ( zoned )
- Composite Studio Pro 2 ( zoned ) [installer does not work here, but disks are ok]

Last edited by emufan; 26 February 2013 at 17:19.
Old 26 February 2013, 05:12   #67
videofx

Got my toaster and flyer finally today. Will setup this weekend and test
Old 26 February 2013, 17:23   #68
emufan

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofx View Post
Got my toaster and flyer finally today. Will setup this weekend and test
sounds good. and look into the zone, for my latest uploads. have fun
Old 27 February 2013, 02:38   #69
videofx

Yes I saw! Thanks for that!
Old 05 March 2013, 16:43   #70
emufan

i was playing with the effector plugin, which comes with lightwave. example scene and objects below.
tube, sphere and NUll object. NUll is parent of sphere object, so you move the Null-object, to actually move the sphere.
tube got the displacement-plugin "effector", in its dialog you type in the effector name, in this example it is Null (case-sensitive).
then you can move the effector (Null-object) near the tube object and see what happens.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip effector-scene.zip (11.5 KB, 324 views)

Last edited by emufan; 05 March 2013 at 20:30.
Old 05 March 2013, 17:17   #71
videofx

I will load it and check it out
Old 05 March 2013, 17:57   #72
emufan

Quote:
I will load it and check it out
ok
when you load the scene and the objects, all is already done, choose the NUll object and move it, or just make a preview - 60 frame anim already set. like in the animated gif.
if you get a error message about a plugin/effector, you need to add the effector.p plugin in layout (Options - Add Plug-Ins).

edit: i added another scene, to the above archive. now you have two effectors, squeesing the tube from outside. effectors are still the "Null" objects, so now both influence the tube.
edit: you can change effectors in the option dialog to "sphere" instead of "Null". this was my first intention.
you'll also see, it always influences the tube in spherical way, even if you change the sphere-object into a box object.
edit: added a 3rd scene. now it looks like the sphere are deforming the tube. by changing the fallout-distance in the plugin-option.

Last edited by emufan; 05 March 2013 at 20:28.
Old 06 March 2013, 22:36   #73
videofx

I just picked up the Texture heaven CD if anyone is intereested. It is not on the EAB FTP server. Its almost 500mb
Old 08 March 2013, 00:40   #74
emufan

Quote:
I just picked up the Texture heaven CD if anyone is intereested. It is not on the EAB FTP server. Its almost 500mb
i'm sure there are some looking for it. sooner or later for sure. thanks.
Old 08 March 2013, 16:37   #75
emufan

over at amigaworld they talk about x1000 and lightwave. can anyone tell them, they should try version 5.0r , since 5.20a is a fake release of 5.0a - they are identical binaries , just edited version information - same applies to 5.1 version floating around.
5.0r is bigger in size (+30kb compared to 5.0a/5.20a) and the last known (official) version - at least what i found.
i re-zone this 5.0r - DC-LW5r1.lzx and DC-LW5r2.lzx , one has the programs, second has the plugins of that release. just overwrite everything from previous installation - also the content of LightWave_Support folder.

Edit: extract DC-LW5r2.lzx into the Plug-ins folder, the packer of this release should have made a parent folder, but he did not.
on newtek ftp site, they offer an update for the LWPANELS.P plugin (amipanel.lha). you can replace all LWPANELS.P within the plug-ins folder (incl. subfolders) with this one. read the textfile in this archive. also zoned.

Edit2: sometimes you may see a frozen modeler, right after the start, or when you start a macro/plugin. switch to the desktop and you will see a new cli-window. just press RETURN ( in this window ) and you can continue with modeler.

Last edited by emufan; 08 March 2013 at 17:53.
Old 08 March 2013, 17:51   #76
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
over at amigaworld they talk about x1000 and lightwave. can anyone tell them, they should try version 5.0r , since 5.20a is a fake release of 5.0a - they are identical binaries , just edited version information - same applies to 5.1 version floating around.
5.0r is bigger in size and the last known version - at least what i found.
i re-zone this 5.0r - DC-LW5r1.lzx and DC-LW5r2.lzx , one has the programs, second has the plugins of that release. just overwrite everything from previous installation - also the content of LightWave_Support folder.

Edit: extract DC-LW5r2.lzx into the Plug-ins folder. on newtek ftp site, they offer an update for the LWPANELS.P plugin (amipanel.lha). you can replace all LWPANELS.P within the plug-ins folder (incl. subfolders) with this one. read the textfile in this archive. also zoned.

Edit2: sometimes you may see a frozen modeler, right after the start, or when you start a macro/plugin. switch to the desktop and you will see a new cli-window. just press RETURN ( in this window ) and you can continue with modeler.
thanks for the info While I'm hoping on setting up my A1200 again soon I'm trying to get Modeler working nicely on my X1000 as many other X1000 users have it working great.

here's a great video of LW running on the X1000 [ Show youtube player ]
Old 08 March 2013, 18:01   #77
emufan

i'm sure they improved certain things in 5.0r compared to 5.0a. so it's worth to use the latest version we have.

Edit: found Kray 1.4 (added to 1st posting). it only can use lightwave objects in this version.
today it is a rendering-engine for lightwave.
i upload version 0.91 (got some scene files) and 1.4 scenefiles.
Edit2: aminet got version 1.4.
this tool got no gui. from cli set stack to 1000000 (see quickstart), before starting kray.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit3: added 3 toaster/flyer tools. they are part of the openvideotoaster release.
Prowave Flyer Tools ( zoned )
ProMix Tools 1.2 ( zoned )
RenderFX 2.0a ( zoned )

Last edited by emufan; 15 March 2013 at 23:34.
Old 21 March 2013, 21:12   #78
emufan

found two new things. disk 2 of wavewriter is bad, cannot repair. just some fonts on it. program works without installing the extra fonts.

Wavewriter Pro 1.9.7 ( zoned )
Lightwave 1.05 ( zoned ) - give it a try , if not seen yet

Edit: Added 3 tools for lightwave:
12to24, AllKeyer, FixLWS by Joe Angell tmproductions.com ( online )
All-Keyer
Create a keyframe at every frame in a Lightwave 3D scene.
FixLWS
Converts all PC-style directory slashes ('\') to Amiga/Unix style directory slashes ('/').
12to24
A simple command-line program that converts a 12-bit RGB triple to a 24-bit RGB triple.

Last edited by emufan; 29 March 2013 at 18:42.
Old 03 April 2013, 01:02   #79
Ami_GFX

One thing I have that is not on the list is Alpha Paint. It has an annoying but easily overcome copy protection. It works on the main video out of the Toaster and, as the name implies, has the innovative concept for the 90s of an alpha channel. I think it is totally abandonware at this point but I don't know for sure. I am moving it from one Amiga to another soon so I can image the floppy in it's installable state.

Some of the earlier mentioned software is no longer on the Zone. Reuploading it there or somewere would be appreciated.

I also have a box of Texture floppies somewhere. I'm not sure whether they are for Lightwave, Imagine or both.
Old 03 April 2013, 01:11   #80
videofx

I have ADF's of the Alpha Paint floppies is anyone wants