English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 28 September 2001, 04:49   #61
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Ohh, how many classics listed.. Dinamic made some good games really...

I did finished Army Moves, Game Over, Phantis and After the War
I couldn't never find all the codes for Navy Moves (You know, in the 2nd part you need to kill some commanders and get their codes)
And in Dustin, I could never even find what I was supposed to do. I just walked, walked, walked, walked, and never got anywhere

And I never played the others one you said

@Akira
That version of Camleot Warriors indeed is the Spectrum one

I know you hate most spanish games, but Dinamic made some good games in the 80s...
And yeah, PC Futbol sucks A LOT
Old 28 September 2001, 18:49   #62
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
I know you hate most spanish games, but Dinamic made some good games in the 80s...

No no, I dont! I just hate argentinian games Dinamic DID MAKE good games back then! I loev most of teh spanish games of he 80s, but on the 90s all the cool spanish producers went down in quality like hell
Old 28 September 2001, 19:20   #63
Drake1009

Another good platform game I just remembered was P.P.Hammer.

This is indeed a classic (At least for me) combining classic platform games with large levels, some puzzles and borrowing from lode runner. I really like this game
Old 28 September 2001, 22:34   #64
MethodGit

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
N64: Silhouette Mirage (N64s only 2D platformer?)
Wrong, 'kira! What about Mischief Makers (AKA Go Go Troublemakers), developed by the one and only Treasure, the guys behind such classic 16-bit gems as Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Headdy and, um, McDonald's Treasureland Adventure? Oh, and let's not forget, they were responsible for Burning Rangers (is that the correct name?) on the Saturn.

Speaking of Gunstar and Headdy, they are two classic platformers for me, although they are known to be damn bloody difficult.
Old 29 September 2001, 08:20   #65
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

@Akira
sorry mate, I thought you hated spanish games.. I do hate brazilian games too... although the only brazilian game for Amiga isn't half bad... Barravento , anyone knows it? (I know it's on Dreamzone)

P.P. Hammer is nice, it remembers me an MSX game (again) called King's Valley (And its sequel, King's Valley 2). In King's Valley you need to get pickaxes to dig the ground, and get all jewels in the level to go to the next level. King's valley 2 added new tools, weapons and better gfx.. the shots here are from King's Valley 1 (Because I already had them in my HD, and I can't be arsed to take screenshots of King's Valley 2 now)

@Marz

Silhoutte Mirage is from Treasure too.... I didn't know they made Troublemakers... and about Burning Rangers, I never heard this name before... tell me more about this one (I am a big fan of Treasure)

A good thing about every Treasure game (including Gunstar Heroes), is the balanced difficulty level. Although the games are usually very challenging, they give you stuff like infinite continues with added energy (Gunstar Heroes), or zillions of credits (Radiant Silvergun).. this makes the game good if you're a kid who only enjoys a game when you can beat it (Most kids nowadays do it), and also makes good if you are a real player who wants a challenge.

Treasure is right there in my fav games makers list, together with Compile, Konami and Sensible...

Attachment Removed

Last edited by Ian; 29 December 2001 at 19:55.
Old 29 September 2001, 12:34   #66
Bombjacker
Two-bit whore

@Akira

How dare you slag off the speccy! You even mentioned how it looked. How games look is for graphic tarts, remember? The spectrum was a fantastic machine. Okay the colours and sound were shite but it had some very classy and original games, and some were better than the CPC or C64 counterparts!
Old 29 September 2001, 12:46   #67
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Booty

Booty was one of the first platformer i ever played (apart from qbert and donkey kong). There's a remake on one of the assassin disks i think, it's called looty. It's also on the world of classics site.

http://www.marksplace.f9.co.uk/
Old 30 September 2001, 00:42   #68
RetroMan

Re: Booty

Quote:
Originally posted by warlock99
Booty was one of the first platformer i ever ...
It was my first game for my CPC that time just grabbed it out again and it´s still working

Uhhhh, I sure try that one
Old 30 September 2001, 15:07   #69
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

Ah the good old days-before everyone had Windoze PC's the classic "debate" of which 8bit system was best!!!

(I'd argue C64, but then the Spectrum never came here, & Amstrad bombed out in a hurry!!)
Old 30 September 2001, 16:34   #70
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

The best 8bit system imo is the MSX .. 'nuff said

"8 bits' enough!"
Old 01 October 2001, 01:47   #71
Amiga1992

Hey Bombjack, that was a joke Though I DO HATE SHOVELWARE. The Speccy's sound was arse so I would have liked the C64s sound to be used properlt in a conversion. And the Spectrum's graphics on a C64 looked like arse and they were not even optimized so the game was very slow (remember the speccy was faster). So I hate shovelware but not the speccy

Marz: Man, I mixed up the names. Silhouette Mirage is not available for the N64, Mischief Makers is. both games are done by Treasure so I got confused.

Burning rangers WAS NOT DONE BY TREASURE!
Old 08 September 2003, 05:58   #72
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Here I am, bringing this thread back to life again, to say a few things:

1 - Burning Rangers was made by Sonic Team. I know because I have the game
2 - There are 2 great threads about this same subject, the another one is newer and started by me. There's anyway to merge both threads? There's some great stuff there too, and some funny stuff from Fissuras (Where did he go?)
3 - This week I got a great PSX game called Animorphs. I gave it a go today and was really surprised. I had never heard about this game before, and it's a very good one! It's a platform game with 3D graphics, and sometimes it uses the 3D - You can walk into or outo the screen, but it's no free roamer like Mario 64 or on rails like Pandemonium. It makes the MOST that a platform can do, it uses EVERTYHING the genre has to offer: moving platforms, conveyor belts, elevators, pixel-perfect jumping. What's even funnier, there are nearly NO enemies, most of the time you are dealing with platform stuff. Whenever an enemy shows up, your hero morphs into an animal, and you fight against the enemy. It's the most boring part of the game, and it doesn't show up too much. Between levels there's always a flying level that's like the Unreal (The Amiga platform game) one, just much, much better. Those levels aren't difficult, but they do add to the game. And the platform levels are really great, the design is amazing.

It was a game I had never heard about, and I wasn't expecting much of it. If you can find it, give it a go. It won't turn your life upside down, but it's so well crafted, and it's full of platform japery.
Old 08 September 2003, 13:49   #73
JudasEZT

Quote:
Originally posted by Uukrul

Dinamic did the best CPC games by far.

Maybe, but CPC suuuuuuuuuucks!

better platformer??

ManicMiner -- Spectrum
RainbowIslands -- Amiga, St or MAME
Nebulus -- C64 or Amiga
Fire&Ice -- Amiga
RickDangerous1&2 -- Amiga or C64
Maya the Bee - Great Adventures -- GBA

I dont know to play to Mr.Nutz its good this game??
Old 08 September 2003, 15:56   #74
manicx

I don't think the CPC sucks. The CPC has been a great computer. Anyhoo, my fave platformers are:

-Chuckie Egg (8 bits)
-Rainbow Islands (CPC, ST, AMIGA)
-Naughty Ones (AMIGA)
-Impossible Mission 2 (Any format)
Old 08 September 2003, 18:15   #75
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

My fave platformers have to be...

Ignore the 3D ones if we're not talking 3D as well!

Amiga
Ruff'n'Tumble (however loosely it's fits in the genre)
Flashback (Again, awesome but not solely a platformer)

Megadrive
Sonic 2 (The best platform-platformer of all time)
Gunstar Heroes (One of the best games of all time)
Dynamite Headdy (So original, hilarious and downright whacked out)

Master System
Sonic (A great incarnation, so different to the MD original)

N64
Mario 64 (The best of the 3D genre, no questions)
Banjo-Kazooie (Great game, lacked the spark that could have made it awesome though)

Dreamcast
Rayman 2 (Awesome graphics matched with great levels and puzzles)

Saturn
Tomb Raider (Despite it's cash cow milkiness, the original was ground breaking and a breathtaking title at the time)

I know I've forgotten some more but I don't want to bore you like I have in other threads
Old 08 September 2003, 20:16   #76
Drake1009

I have a soft spot for Monty on the Run. Don't know why but it's just one of the platform games which are fun to play and even though it's so basic you still have a lot of fun with it.
Old 09 September 2003, 19:09   #77
Sigfrodi

Send a message via MSN to Sigfrodi
I really loved the Castlevania serie, especially the 4 on S-NES and Chi no Rondo on NEC Super CD-ROM².

Else :

- Ghouls & Ghosts on the NEC Supergraph'X and Super G&G on SNES

- Strider on the Megadrive

- Super Mario World on SNES
Old 09 September 2003, 23:34   #78
BobRedthorp
Huge member

Amiga: Chuck Rock

Mega Drive: Sonic the Hedgehog

Super Nintendo: Super Mario World
Old 09 September 2003, 23:48   #79
Dizzy
Pirate

Sega Master System: Alex kidd serie

Rainbow Island
Old 16 July 2005, 17:09   #80
deload

My all time fovourite is Traps´n´Treasures. I love the graphics, I love the music, I love the shop, I love the puzzles. Right after that comes Odyssey because of the nice "err, no, I´ll rather go down there as a spider" feature and the puzzling action of course. And then there is Elf / Ocean which is some kind of "Magicland Dizzy" when comes to ...errr... puzzles .
Does anyone know any further good puzzling platformers?