English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 27 January 2024, 11:14   #61
Megalomaniac

Jimmy's is a favourite of mine, and it used quite a clever trick - all the frames of 3D were pre-calculated and displayed in sequence at 50fps, hence the delay when you click to take the shot and the inability to change camera views while a shot's outcome is being played out - which I think I was aware of at the time but never gave hmuch thought to. This explains why its so much faster and smoother than 3D games requiring live response to your inputs, and really impressive considering how many millions of possible shots there are, and all the impact angles that need calculating for each one. Perhaps this trick is what causes it to fail on A1200s though?
Old 27 January 2024, 14:01   #62
Aardvark

Hoi! The Epileptic Finale level
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 January 2024, 17:52   #63
desiv

I don't know how actually technically impressive it is (they are as they made a series), but I remember buying Fighter Duel: Corsair vs Zero back in the day because it was the first hires mode Amiga game I'd seen for sale, which impressed me technically at the time. ;-)

As I recall, it wasn't easy to get into, but once I started to get the hang of it, I had a lot of fun with it...

And yeah, second for Flink. I was totally blown away by it when I first saw it, and think it should get a lot more love...
Old 27 January 2024, 19:18   #64
lionagony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardvark View Post
Hoi! The Epileptic Finale level
[ Show youtube player ]
That's awesome, like playing an interactive scene demo.
Old 30 January 2024, 20:32   #65
Torti-the-Smurf

T-Racer (OCS/ECS)
https://amiga.abime.net/games/view/t-racer

Looks rather nice in some stages, i have to say. I never heard that mentioned, so thats why i do that now

About SECOND SAMURAI ...
The OCS version runs better then the AGA one. ( i also prefer the look of the OCS version )
Old 30 January 2024, 22:33   #66
CCCP alert

Sword of Sodan and Shadow of the Beast 1 off the top of my head for early games, both 10/10* games. If Lotus 2 didn't get 10/10 in a review then again that goes on the list. These are BETTER than console quality (Sodan looks like it shrunk in the wash on Sega, ditto Lotus II is not possible to replicate framerate on Sega version).

Probably quite a few more.

*(if you don't like proper arcade quality games you will not agree, just as I think Mario N64 is a 7/10 game).