English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 06 April 2017, 20:03   #681
Mr.Flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
I made backups a little while ago of both the tf520 and the tf530. I'll upload those to GitHub later tonight (unless @whiteb already uploaded his version).
Cool, I've put a repo together:

https://github.com/AwesomeInferno

I've a few bits, but not all of it.
Old 06 April 2017, 20:04   #682
michaelz

For the TF520 https://github.com/FreyaAmiga/tf520
For the TF530 https://github.com/FreyaAmiga/tf530

I'm not interested in maintaining it, so clone away
Old 06 April 2017, 20:06   #683
Mr.Flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelz View Post
For the TF520 https://github.com/FreyaAmiga/tf520

I'm not interested in maintaining it, so clone away
Cheers chap - I'll gather them all together and pull in any interested parties - I don't have enough EDA experience to realistically maintain it, but I'll do what I can.
Old 06 April 2017, 20:41   #684
eXeler0

Sad to see a talented guy quit, but if he had problems controlling his temper and rage nearly rage-quitting every 3 weeks and deleting open source stuff in the process, then I guess it was never going to last..
Hopefully he inspired others with similar knowledge to "get going".

He can of course quit for whatever reason, but I'm not sure blaming the Amiga community as a whole is fair. If you're a person with temper issues, any god damn community is going to make you rage-quit eventually.

Anyway #plamab thanx for what the work you did and enjoy your iracing in solitude. ;-)
Old 06 April 2017, 22:07   #685
keith

I can't wait to get & build my boards! I think he's amazing bloke he made these accelerators exist, & gave them to ever wanted to build them for free! I hope he will return some day! he's a Top Bloke!
Old 06 April 2017, 22:16   #686
Mr.Flibble

Okay, I think I've everything uploaded that I had access to.

I've updated the silkscreen on the 530 board to add the orientation marks for the CPLD's.

Let me know if anyone has anything more up to date
Old 06 April 2017, 23:05   #687
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
Okay, I think I've everything uploaded that I had access to.

I've updated the silkscreen on the 530 board to add the orientation marks for the CPLD's.

Let me know if anyone has anything more up to date
I have a saved copy of the Github page with the BOM, as HTML (Not the jumbled Read.me from the archive).
Old 06 April 2017, 23:06   #688
Mr.Flibble

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
I have a saved copy of the Github page with the BOM, as HTML (Not the jumbled Read.me from the archive).
Cool
Old 07 April 2017, 00:22   #689
keith

Hi Guys I will need a copy of the BOM please, I have a few bit's like .brd files will check the file date and some Gerbers, but I have a problem with the mill cam might be me or free Version, I would love a copy of the updated silk screen, and if any body has fully working Gerbers, would be amazing guys!
Old 07 April 2017, 00:25   #690
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
Hi Guys I will need a copy of the BOM please, I have a few bit's like .brd files will check the file date and some Gerbers, but I have a problem with the mill cam might be me or free Version, I would love a copy of the updated silk screen, and if any body has fully working Gerbers, would be amazing guys!
Yeah, MrFlibble, can you put up a copy for us to get, I presume its the .brd file as opposed to the Schematic (.sch).
Old 07 April 2017, 00:25   #691
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 07 April 2017, 00:35   #692
keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
Yeah, MrFlibble, can you put up a copy for us to get, I presume its the .brd file as opposed to the Schematic (.sch).
I have both the .brd .sch files, if he has updated copies then I would like them and if he has Gerbers for the new mask then that would be totally amazing to, thanks guys!
Old 07 April 2017, 00:54   #693
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_ View Post
[ Show youtube player ]
Well, he is right about the whole hobby is supposed to be enjoyable perspective, and once it becomes a chore/dreadful to continue; well, cant fault him for removing that stressfactor from his life.

Being thin-skinned on a forum is never going to end well sadly. Its why ive tried to hint in the past that "ignore or reject" what pisses you off, and take the positive feedback overall. If there is enough people taking attention to your work, you are probably doing SOMETHING right. On the internet people will have opinions, unsolicited or not.
Its the nature of the beast.

All the best to your future projects Stephen.
Old 07 April 2017, 00:59   #694
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith View Post
I have both the .brd .sch files, if he has updated copies then I would like them and if he has Gerbers for the new mask then that would be totally amazing to, thanks guys!
Yes, that is what I am assuming, he has updated the silkscreen to indicate orientation of the xilinx chips.
Old 07 April 2017, 01:44   #695
TroyWilkins

Well, I'm not going to make judgements or point the finger of blame, as that just isn't helpful. What I will say is that I think this is all very unfortunate. I admit I don't have as much of an understanding of the hardware side as I'd like, and I really enjoyed this project because I was learning a heck of a lot. And now it's come to an abrupt halt, I was really looking forward to seeing how the 68040 boards were made. I rarely comment, as I usually don't have anything useful to add, but now I'm kinda wishing I'd commented more often with words of encouragement, maybe that would have made a difference? I guess we'll never know now. I can be rather opinionated myself, and have been known to "type first, think later", but I'm getting better in that regard, and I've certainly got myself involved with flame wars in the past, heck I still do on facebook, but usually limited to groups where that sort of thing is the point of the group, haha.

Anyway, I hope there are some positives to take from this, and that people will continue to learn like I have been and maybe other people will be able to continue development of these designs now?
Old 07 April 2017, 02:40   #696
NovaCoder

As I have said before, you need to have a pretty thick skin to spend your valuable free time doing free stuff for the retro community.

Unfortunately the kind of gifted people that do the most interesting work are not normally of the thick-skinned variety.
Old 07 April 2017, 06:18   #697
kev
Banned

tell u what im sick n tired of this childish behavior of this community its sad and just no excuse for it should be tons beating down his door just to help and support i mean the guy giving away his time and his brain for free just so u dont have to burn a hole in your pocket to upgrade your amigas these cancerous people are about as bad as mehdi ali

Last edited by kev; 07 April 2017 at 06:48.
Old 07 April 2017, 07:39   #698
wXR

WTF is wrong with you people?
Old 07 April 2017, 08:43   #699
Mr.Flibble

Keith, whiteb links here:

https://github.com/awesomeinferno

I'll reiterate here, I have very little experience with EDA software, so don't expect too much, but I'll happily pull in anyone with experience who wishes to make updates.
Old 07 April 2017, 11:12   #700
GadgetUK

I am late to read this thread here, but it appears that whatever flamewar took place has been removed or hidden? Not being funny but it's not very democratic to just start pruning and removing postings like that. It leaves people wondering just how unbiased the moderation was.

plasma was helping the community, and what makes this ridiculous is despite what some other experts might have thought about his designs, because he made it open source, no matter what those opinion were - he empowered us all to make those improvements ourselves. So criticism was just uncalled for.

That said, he might have taken offence to the argument as things heated up and maybe just said something 'in anger' that he didn't mean?!? I honestly don't know because it appears to have been covered up here.