English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 December 2019, 23:15   #41
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

My issue with this is NOT with the fact that ALB42 wants to boycott Coffin. In fact, I quite agree with his assessment on the illegality of the Coffin operating system and I refuse to use it. I take exception to the fact that it blocks ALL Vampire users from using his software despite the operating system being used. If you want to boycott Coffin, just block it from running on that OS, not ALL OS's. Just because I buy a Vampire does NOT mean I support their promotion of Coffin, I buy it because I enjoy using the hardware.
Old 17 December 2019, 23:27   #42
AMIGASYSTEM

sean_sk CoffinOS It's just a name
Old 17 December 2019, 23:46   #43
sean_sk
Gimmemore Commodore

Huh?
Old 18 December 2019, 00:20   #44
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
My issue with this is NOT with the fact that ALB42 wants to boycott Coffin. In fact, I quite agree with his assessment on the illegality of the Coffin operating system and I refuse to use it. I take exception to the fact that it blocks ALL Vampire users from using his software despite the operating system being used. If you want to boycott Coffin, just block it from running on that OS, not ALL OS's. Just because I buy a Vampire does NOT mean I support their promotion of Coffin, I buy it because I enjoy using the hardware.
Even so sean_sk...

ALB42 has taken a moral stance and does not want his software run on anything associated with the Vampire team; be it hardware or an illegal OS.

That's his choice as the author of MUIMapparium; end of story and nothing more to be discussed here

Now, back on topic please all...
Old 20 December 2019, 02:20   #45
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi ALB42!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALB42 View Post
Its not detect Coffin, it detects Vampire

Vampire = Coffin = illegal
(they sell Coffin together with V4 and promote it for V2 and V4 the Coffin Maker are part of Vampire team)
Ah, okay!

Quote:
yeah try that, and see how your thread is getting deleted (and I guess AmigaSystem experienced the same there)
I tried to protest against Coffin already long time before... so now that is my new way to protest... against use of my work in such illegal distribution, seems the only way possible, sadly

Sorry.
No worries! I'll try it one my '040 then

Take care!
Old 29 May 2020, 16:38   #46
OlafSch

Quote:
Your point would be valid if Vampire and Coffin are separate things, but they aren't, that is the same "company". I boycott the company as whole.

https://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN...-00011-EN.html

A protest hurting no one is meaningless (e.g. strike in public transport vs. shool strike)

Of course I wish some more coders would do the same... pressuring the Vampire team on stop using/selling/promoting Coffin and condemn it (increasing pressure from the user)
Most likely that will not happen, but I feel better about it.

And to be honest nobody will miss my "worthless software" (original citation from an email)
Ok situation seem to have changed

thanks

Last edited by OlafSch; 29 May 2020 at 22:13.
Old 29 May 2020, 16:45   #47
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
my issue with this is not with the fact that alb42 wants to boycott coffin. In fact, i quite agree with his assessment on the illegality of the coffin operating system and i refuse to use it. I take exception to the fact that it blocks all vampire users from using his software despite the operating system being used. If you want to boycott coffin, just block it from running on that os, not all os's. Just because i buy a vampire does not mean i support their promotion of coffin, i buy it because i enjoy using the hardware.
it seems situation has changed

so no problems anymore

Last edited by OlafSch; 29 May 2020 at 22:14.
Old 01 June 2020, 16:21   #48
BippyM
Global Moderator

This thread has been cleaned, all relevant posts have been moved to: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=102519

Please ensure you read my post over there before posting and geting yourself a warning or a ban..

For all concerned, this software is owned by ALB42, he has made a decision and I really don't give a flying monkey what any other member thinks of his decision. It is his software, it is his decision, don't like it.. Move on..

There will be no further discussion about this not working with vampire.. End of... Anyone who doesn't agree with me, and pushed the envelope will receive a warning and then a ban.

Now please, back to being Amiga users, and play nice