English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 03 September 2007, 20:59   #41
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticaga View Post
Toni how it happens which i noted i didn't include before, sorry for that.
It included everything I needed: I don't care about PC bluescreening/reseting/smoking/blowing up errors, it is not my problem

(perhaps it has something to do with MSVS2008 but still user-land application should never cause crash/reboot)
Old 03 September 2007, 21:01   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1440b3.zip

Beta 3:

- do not cause hard reset if PC was in memory area that disappears during reset ("Did something stupid.."-message appeared after soft reset)
- software reset didn't fully reset all subsystems. Do not use beta 1 or 2 anymore. Can cause random crashes etc..
- added more ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL error codes (from SFS changelog, no space for even one directory entry = ERROR_NO_FREE_STORE, unknown or already finished directory scan = ERROR_OBJECT_WRONG_TYPE)
- "real" removable drives supported, for example USB memory sticks will get removed/mounted properly. (Restriction: new removable drive needs empty drive slot because new Amiga-side drives can't be created on the fly. Perhaps later but it would need major filesys emulation changes..)
- automatically adds 2 hidden empty drives if one or more directory filesystem drives configured (RDH0: and RDH1:, reserved slots for new removable drives) Testing, this might change in future..
- CD drives can be again mounted easily without uaescsi.device, checkbox added to GUI. (I didn't really want to do this but now it really works as well as it can ever work.. No audio tracks and some Amiga CDs really need Amiga-side CDFS but it still is much easier to use..) Not really recommended if uaescsi.device is used..
- compiled with MSVS 2005 again, perhaps fixes PC blowing up errors?
Old 04 September 2007, 20:50   #43
exoticaga

Pc reboot bug is fixed

After closing WinUAE then relaunch WinUAE. The pc would reboot for some WinUAE users. This no longer happens with the WinUAE_1440b3.zip, this bug is fixed.

Thank you Toni
Old 05 September 2007, 20:43   #44
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1440b4.zip

Beta 4:

- ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL_END implemented (forgot in b2..)
- directory filesystem on the fly mount implemented without need for spare empty devices. (I lied again, it was really simple after all..) "empty slot" drives removed. USB memory sticks etc will always mount on the fly automagically now. (if uae boot rom is available) Device node ("RDHx") is never removed. My black magic skill level is not high enough yet. Hardfile on the fly automount next..
- enable uae boot rom if chip ram > 2M enabled (KS does not detect more than 2MB of chip, the rest is mapped by boot rom)
- 68040/060 FPU was always interpreted (no JIT) (b1)
Old 06 September 2007, 19:51   #45
thomas

Changing read/write switch of a mounted directory on the fly does not work. Workbench gets a disk-change signal, the list shows RW, but the disk is not writable until you reset the Amiga.

A4000 is missing from the Quickstart menu although ROM-Scan says "A4000 available". This is confusing. And some manual work to set up an A4000 config from scratch...

Would it be possible to connect a real HDD to IDE0/1/2/3 ? Or a CD drive ?

Quote:
USB memory sticks etc will always mount on the fly automagically now.
This should be an option IMHO. Or only be done if "add PC drives at startup" is enabled.
Old 06 September 2007, 19:57   #46
thomas

Almost forgot: I still get "Cannot connect to server (38, Socket operation on non-socket)." from smbfs after a reset.

And another request: could you add the name of the config file to the window title (instead of Public Beta ...). So that you can distinguish between multiple instances of WinUAE when switching through windows.
Old 06 September 2007, 21:37   #47
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Changing read/write switch of a mounted directory on the fly does not work. Workbench gets a disk-change signal, the list shows RW, but the disk is not writable until you reset the Amiga.
ok..

Quote:
A4000 is missing from the Quickstart menu although ROM-Scan says "A4000 available". This is confusing. And some manual work to set up an A4000 config from scratch...
(I think I said this earlier already) ROM scan dialog and quickstart is not "1:1 mapped".

It also lists A4000 because there are A4000 ROMs (Cloanto 3.1 ROM) and listing it under other models or not listing at all would not be any better.

I guess I can add A4000 to quickstart (I was waiting for A4000T SCSI emulation but NCR SCSI chip documentation is not very good..)

Quote:
Would it be possible to connect a real HDD to IDE0/1/2/3 ? Or a CD drive ?
Yes, there really isn't difference, it should work by manually editing config files. Looks like I missed simple GUI option

Quote:
USB memory sticks etc will always mount on the fly automagically now.
Quote:
This should be an option IMHO. Or only be done if "add PC drives at startup" is enabled.
New option: yes. Combined with "add pc drives at startup": no.

Quote:
Almost forgot: I still get "Cannot connect to server (38, Socket operation on non-socket)." from smbfs after a reset.
Nothing done yet. Removable support has higher priority currently.

Quote:
And another request: could you add the name of the config file to the window title (instead of Public Beta ...). So that you can distinguish between multiple instances of WinUAE when switching through windows.
Beta text won't be removed. Configuration name.. hmm.. What should happen if you edit loaded config file? Technically it isn't same thing anymore.
Old 06 September 2007, 22:10   #48
smoorke

Send a message via MSN to smoorke
Could you make it so that Windows autorun is disabled when WinUAE is running?
It's quite annoying to have windows opening behind the WinUAE screen/window. Even more so if the removable launches an application.
Maybe only have it do so when WinUAE is active.

Last edited by smoorke; 06 September 2007 at 22:23.
Old 06 September 2007, 22:30   #49
thomas

Quote:
Configuration name.. hmm.. What should happen if you edit loaded config file? Technically it isn't same thing anymore.
That's my (the user's) problem, not yours. Editor says "readme.txt" in the title, too, no matter if I change it or not. But if I edit "readme.txt" and "manual.txt" it's nice to see the different names in the task bar.
Old 08 September 2007, 13:37   #50
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_1440b5.zip

Beta 5:

- "Add Harddrive" button was disabled on Windows 2000 ("full administrator" test used function that was Windows XP+ only)
- improved directory filesystem Windows-side media change detection, detects now memory cards in card readers (stupid Windows having multiple completely different ways to get media notifications)
- added GUI "Add Harddrive" emulated HD controller selection
- directory filesystem read+write/readonly on the fly status change fixed
- device node is now removed when removable drive gets ejected and if drive was originally created on the fly. Note: device node is only hidden (removed from dos list) and it will be reused later when new disk is inserted. No KS 1.3 support yet.
- added GUI option to enable/disable on the fly automounting
- current configuration name added to window title bar
- added two A4000 quickstart configurations (68030/68882 and 68040)
- better CD32 audio end detection accuracy, last 1s was cut previously
- ["bsdsocket breaks after reset if it was initialized before reset" will be fixed soon]
- [uaehf.device media changes may be implemented before next official release but full support will be done later]
Old 08 September 2007, 13:43   #51
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- added GUI option to enable/disable on the fly automounting
What should happen if drive was mounted manually or with "add pc drives" but media gets ejected? And automount is not enabled.

Remove it automatically or not? Note that it can't be remounted later because it is not possible to confirm if the drive is same or something different. (automount disabled = you must not automount any other drive(s))
Old 08 September 2007, 14:56   #52
laser
Banned

just tested beta 5

Toni....you are great !!!!!

cd32 cdda'loop works perfect on all games !!!!!

Fire+ice ,Benefactor,Bubble and squeak,soccer kid,super methane brothers

all games works perfect now

even Benefactor not crash anymore after level 1 is finished

CD32 emulation is now finished and perfect...(I think)

Great work...you are a genius !!!

Last edited by laser; 08 September 2007 at 15:58.
Old 08 September 2007, 15:33   #53
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Not quite, Still the Checksum error with Lotus 3 CD32
although seems to get a little further now. Get to see color corrupted insert disk 2 screen before fatel checksum error message. dont remember seeing that before.
Old 08 September 2007, 16:13   #54
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
although seems to get a little further now. Get to see color corrupted insert disk 2 screen before fatel checksum error message. dont remember seeing that before.
insert disk 2 ? on a cd32 game?
maybe you have cracked copy
what improvements have that Lotus 3 version? cdda tracks? AGA graphics?
Old 08 September 2007, 16:41   #55
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
cd32 version is just a loader and original disk images with cdda for lotus3
Old 08 September 2007, 21:17   #56
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
It work now look at the end of this thread
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?p=356404#post356404
Old 09 September 2007, 13:55   #57
thomas

Run WinUAE in fullscreen mode, press F12 and click beside the window onto the Amiga desktop -> the window loses focus, the mouse pointer disappears and nothing can be done anymore (except Ctrl-Alt-Del).
Old 09 September 2007, 18:08   #58
laser
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Run WinUAE in fullscreen mode, press F12 and click beside the window onto the Amiga desktop -> the window loses focus, the mouse pointer disappears and nothing can be done anymore (except Ctrl-Alt-Del).
you can browse through programs using ALT-TAB after that and you are there again....like AMIGA-M and AMIGA-N
Old 09 September 2007, 18:10   #59
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
you are wrong.....you can do ALT-TAB after that and you are there again
Still needs fixing, most people will get caught out by that.
Old 09 September 2007, 19:32   #60
thomas

Alt-Tab only works if multiple programs are running. If WinUAE is the only one, then Alt-Tab does nothing.