English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 29 May 2019, 13:48   #41
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
Will there be a free demo version available at some point? Just the first level or so, to get a feel for it before buying.
There was an old demo released back in December: /TheZone/files/ReshootR_demo.lha
Old 29 May 2019, 13:55   #42
demolition
Unregistered User

Thanks, but many things are likely to have changed in the year that has passed since that one was made, so it would be nice to get an updated demo that shows off the quality of the release version.
Old 29 May 2019, 17:16   #43
klx300r

Thumbs up

looks great and it's totally awesome that we're getting high quality NEW games in 2019!
Old 29 May 2019, 18:58   #44
thairacerjp

first try on CD32 TF330 and it's awesome, the ennemies are more presents, more agressives, explosion effect, the music was good in the demo de december but now she is fantastic ! thanks to the team oh, i have noob question, how do we quit the game ?????
Old 29 May 2019, 19:47   #45
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
oh, i have noob question, how do we quit the game ?????
Reset or turn off your Amiga

In all seriousness, I couldn't work this out either... not sure that you can.

Reshoot was like this also
Old 29 May 2019, 20:03   #46
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Reset or turn off your Amiga

In all seriousness, I couldn't work this out either... not sure that you can.

Reshoot was like this also
thanks DamienD, it's curious , yeah, reshoot was same but i'm remember one time for the first one, i have press one keyboard key and could exit, but i don't remember witch one lol ! , i looked at the manual and no see... , i undertand for the CD version to reboot but in workbench it not easy.
Old 29 May 2019, 22:10   #47
DamienD
Banned

I knew this was coming

Thanks Flashtro: http://flashtro.com/flashtro-reshoot-r/

...not that the game is difficult really.

No speed / weapon options though in the trainer?

Last edited by DamienD; 29 May 2019 at 22:22.
Old 30 May 2019, 02:24   #48
Marchie

What an achievement! Well done! Looking forward to playing a brand-new game on my 1200 that really shows off what it can do!

You are a star, not many people are willing to put this much time and effort for new Amiga games, everyone should buy a copy.

It's a kick to see my tiny contribution too

Last edited by Marchie; 08 September 2023 at 16:05.
Old 30 May 2019, 04:17   #49
buzzybee

Hi guys, first of all thanks for playing the game! It´s good to see so much interest for my tiny project, and seemingly enjoying Martins amazing music and Kevins great pixels!

@demolition: A new demo might be on the cards, but I am not sure yet. While you are right, the game has progressed a lot since the old demo, it still feels comparably. So to get a sense of gameplay, the old demo is valid.

@thairacerjp: So you are playing on CD32? It´s good to know that the CD-ROM boots and runs just fine on an expaneded Amiga console. Could not test that myself.

@all who asked for a quit function: Function is in there, but disabled for safety reasons. Why, you ask: I cannot guarantee 100% that the code alters the Amigas memory. Therefore, if someone would use his Amiga for some serious business, then start RESHOOT R and quit, it might happen that some data gets lost. Myself, I did not experience such a situation with the final code, but stili I do not want to be responsible for any kind of modified data. Sorry!

@Marchie: Thanks so much for your portraits of Aryn and Tars. It´s details like these which make for an enjoyable experience!
Old 30 May 2019, 09:41   #50
thairacerjp

@buzzybee: yes i have tested on CD32 expanded 68030 64 MO RAM 32 GB compaq flash, i have ordering the "pure edition" , so i downloaded the digital version and installed on classic workbench 3.1 (easy install ) and it works flawless. i cannot test CD version already cause not received yet
ps : for information, the demo were working (but with somes bugs collision ) but the final game not working on ps-vita.
Old 30 May 2019, 10:13   #51
OlafSch

@buzzybee

I bought the download version

thanx for the efforts
Old 30 May 2019, 11:38   #52
invent
pixels

Bummer about the trainer already, although this is Amiga, i should steal/borrow that font they used for it lol
Thankyou everyone for supporting Richards game
Old 30 May 2019, 11:54   #53
thairacerjp

@invent: again, congratulation for your AAA graphics, very originals, great music and the Master richard , really appreciated the special thanks on the end of the manual ! long Live the king Richard .
Old 30 May 2019, 12:02   #54
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by invent View Post
Bummer about the trainer already, although this is Amiga, i should steal/borrow that font they used for it lol
People are not forced to use it... it's a nice option to have though but as already mentioned, the game isn't really that difficult.
Old 30 May 2019, 12:38   #55
Alpha One

M9 updated and replaced the trainer with 4 options, this time the Highscores are disabled when trainer is activated. Somehow we remembered the discussion the developer started when the trainer for Reshoot was out. :-)

Quote:
People are not forced to use it... it's a nice option to have though but as already mentioned, the game isn't really that difficult.
Old 30 May 2019, 13:24   #56
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Very good! The same should be done for Powerglove trainer, because the game also stores hiscore online.
Old 30 May 2019, 13:46   #57
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha One View Post
M9 updated and replaced the trainer with 4 options, this time the Highscores are disabled when trainer is activated. Somehow we remembered the discussion the developer started when the trainer for Reshoot was out. :-)
Perfect, many thanks musashi9 and Alpha One
Old 02 June 2019, 00:12   #58
thairacerjp

@Buzzybee : i was wondering if you had a idea for pass
The intro screen on ps-Vita, the past demo were working (with some collisions issues)
But the final game hang, I had tested many configuration without success, it could be cool
To have your great game on Vita everywhere. I think it’s the music who didn’t start who is the problem, or make a version without intro ? , I have thinking to use a save state but winuae no use same file than uae4all.
Old 02 June 2019, 00:40   #59
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thairacerjp View Post
@Buzzybee : i was wondering if you had a idea for pass
The intro screen on ps-Vita, the past demo were working (with some collisions issues)
But the final game hang, I had tested many configuration without success, it could be cool
To have your great game on Vita everywhere. I think it’s the music who didn’t start who is the problem, or make a version without intro ? , I have thinking to use a save state but winuae no use same file than uae4all.
Emulator wise; of course the game works fine on WinUAE (and FS-UAE I guess, as that's were Richard developed it on; from reading various posts).

You should really be asking the "ps-Vita UAE" developers to sort out incompatibilities as opposed to the game author
Old 02 June 2019, 11:09   #60
thairacerjp

Quote:
Emulator wise; of course the game works fine on WinUAE (and FS-UAE I guess, as that's were Richard developed it on; from reading various posts).

You should really be asking the "ps-Vita UAE" developers to sort out incompatibilities as opposed to the game author
done it ! , i have post on the uae4all Vita thread