English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 September 2006, 21:04   #41
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

As woody has said in other threads, he's not in the greatest if health, and he has other more important sites on the same server.

He doesn't need the hassle of changing the server or us nagging him
Old 07 September 2006, 04:28   #42
gizmomelb

would he consider sharing a backup of the site so it can be hosted elsewhere?

I don't know about other countries, but most ISPs in Australia do not count upload bandwidth (ie: data sent to you) so an Aussie could host his site(s) for just their normal ADSL/cable account (limit would be their upload bandwidth of course - but for someone lucky enough to be on ADSL2+ it'd be more than enough. Me, I'm on 512/512 so it's a possibility - I might be able to convince the boss to let me stick it on our class C at work, but that's unlikely).
Old 07 September 2006, 11:11   #43
polybius

so how much has been lost? was the stuff not backed up cos if it wasnt i think i could help, ive got most of the packs on my computer, well about 2gb of them anyways.
Old 07 September 2006, 11:16   #44
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Oh yeah, thanks a bunch all that contributed to close down deadwoodinc . Damn stupidos !

Hail to all that served Amiga community (u know who u are) with those nice sites . Thanks!
Old 07 September 2006, 13:43   #45
Phiber
Hardware Freak

Send a message via MSN to Phiber
Now, this sucks ass big time!

I was about to update my KG's updatepack collection when i read about the deadwoodinc.net-deal..

Where do i get 'em now?

Choises are :

a) another site to host the stuff
b) Using Torrents and other P2P-methods
c) FTP-sites (if there still are any left anymore)

until then, i'll just have to bite my lip..
Old 07 September 2006, 13:48   #46
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Don't worry I haven't lost anything, I have everything backed up, all the games, demos, even the html and css pages. Probably because I'm awesome.

I've had a few offers so far, just need to sort out some figures (as in numbers, not he-man figures) and hopefully the site (or at least some of it) could be hosted elsewhere.

For those who've offered, I'll get back to you ASAP once I've spoke with Woody and sorted a few other things out.
Old 08 September 2006, 21:33   #47
polybius

just wondering if there is a whdload pack for super skidmarks, its such a pain changing disks all the time?
Old 08 September 2006, 22:42   #48
Antiriad
The Sacred Armour Of

Hey Killer, might be the time to merge the 2004-2006 updates with the A to Z packs dont you think?
Old 08 September 2006, 23:35   #49
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Don't worry I won't just be putting the whole lot back up, I do plan on only adding certain things to the site as hosting all of the old files leads to it's own share of problems (people saying a game doesn't work properly when in fact it does but they haven't downloaded the newer version).

I can't say how exactly I'll be doing it as it depends on how much time I get to devote to it over the coming months but I am not that happy with just putting the old site back up as I always wanted to make a lot of changes.

Watch this space as they say!

And Polybius, I don't make the whdload installs themselves I just put the game and install together

Check out the official whdload page over at www.whdload.de and you'll see Super Skidmarks doesn't have a whdload installer.

I do have an installed version of Super Skidmarks though, but it's not whdload. Let me know if you want it and I'll upload it for you.
Old 09 September 2006, 00:19   #50
polybius

ooo yes plz
thanks mate
Old 09 September 2006, 00:37   #51
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

In the zone!
Old 24 September 2006, 20:21   #52
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legerdemain
Don't know if this is the place to make this post, but the latest Lionheart archive which is to be found seems to be broken (in the L letter game archive). At stage five the game hangs and leaves one with a reqester looking for a file 'x_y.***' which seems to be missing.

Thanks for your incredible effort, though!

I forgot all about this! Too much other business with the site dying and everything else! I've uploaded it now, so check the zone now!

Sorry for the delay.
Old 25 September 2006, 06:43   #53
MageMaster

Killergorilla- Pleasuredome always has the whdload torrents going not too long after you have released your packs. Think it would be possible to post there? I know they are ratio, but that dont matter to the most of us.

MageMaster
Old 25 September 2006, 10:10   #54
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Don't worry I have many options open to me thanks to some kind members of this very board

I just need time to sort things out. I'll try not to be too long
Old 27 September 2006, 16:54   #55
Legerdemain

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
I forgot all about this! Too much other business with the site dying and everything else! I've uploaded it now, so check the zone now!

Sorry for the delay.
Thank you!

Oh, and by the way... I have simply forgotten to suggest this earlier (or ask, since I don't know exactly what is the deal on this matter)... are PAL and NTSC games differentiated somehow in their naming (the only case where I have seen this is ArkanoidPALWHD17.lzx)? If not, this could be an idea...

...and, if not many NTSC releases have found their way into these packages, I just have to put a vote in for some being released sometime in the future... it is just so much nicer to run, say, Lemmings in its true NTSC version instead of the PAL version of Lemmings in PAL/50 with the boring black border at the bottom of the screen... or the PAL version, with the NTSC option, which while making the game run in full screen also cuts some of the graphics which haven't been adjusted for the NTSC format (like the screens in the intro and so forth).

Old 27 September 2006, 17:01   #56
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Well a lot of games just need the NTSC tooltype added and they will run in NTSC. The really early packs (like the one with the Arkanoid NTSC you mention) are a little out of date now so aren't really MY packs as such.

There are some games (such as Arkanoid) which refuse to run in the different screenmode. I am all for supporting NTSC versions however, if you do find any which refuse to run with the NSTC tooltype then let me know and I will do my best to get an NTSC version in the next pack.

I AM still working on the packs in the background despite not having a site to put them on. In fact I've been doing a LOT on the packs recently so I do hope to have the site back up with LOADS of new stuff before October is finished).

I offer no definites though, something else might crop up
Old 27 September 2006, 17:28   #57
Legerdemain

Quote:
There are some games (such as Arkanoid) which refuse to run in the different screenmode. I am all for supporting NTSC versions however, if you do find any which refuse to run with the NSTC tooltype then let me know and I will do my best to get an NTSC version in the next pack.
There are not that many that I can think of at the moment...

Lemmings gets some cut graphics in the intro... Lemmings 2 suffers from the clock ticking away at an insane rate, rendering the game unplayable (I have no clue if it is due to the slave or the PAL version, though). Leander gets a rather odd adjustment of the screen... but that is pretty much all PAL games I have tried, having been released in a NTSC version aswell, that doesn't seem to work all that well with the NSTC tooltype.

Quote:
I AM still working on the packs in the background despite not having a site to put them on. In fact I've been doing a LOT on the packs recently so I do hope to have the site back up with LOADS of new stuff before October is finished).
You are the man, are you not? I really do hope that you have gotten great feedback for your effort! To put it simple, the world would not have been as fun without your packs...

Old 27 September 2006, 17:32   #58
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
You are the man, are you not? I really do hope that you have gotten great feedback for your effort! To put it simple, the world would not have been as fun without your packs...

Ha ha! Well thanks for the kind words... I'm pretty sure that statement is 100% true fact, I do indeed make the world much more fun. At last I have evidence! (or someone else's opinion)

I'll take a look at both Lemmings/Lemmings 2 and Leander for you soon, I want to cater for everyone so if anyone else finds any NTSC problems let me know
Old 28 September 2006, 10:11   #59
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Lemmings gets some cut graphics in the intro... Lemmings 2 suffers from the clock ticking away at an insane rate, rendering the game unplayable (I have no clue if it is due to the slave or the PAL version, though). Leander gets a rather odd adjustment of the screen... but that is pretty much all PAL games I have tried, having been released in a NTSC version aswell, that doesn't seem to work all that well with the NSTC tooltype.
Lemmings has built-in NTSC-switch key, i think it was <TAB>. And Lemmings 2 too had the same thing if i remember, maybe a different key though.
Old 28 September 2006, 10:29   #60
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Interesting...

I've never actually set WinUAE up as NTSC or used it in that way. I presume it's pretty much standard. If I had an RGB lead I'd test em on my real Miggy.