English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 24 October 2008, 20:41   #41
DH
Global Moderator

Well if it's demo tunes you want, I think 'Kefrens Desert Dream' demo had some awesome tunes (5 altogether including the hidden ones ), It only hangs on me 'cause the graphics and tunes were synchronised together. Yep the guys sure did put there hearts into this one, I Love it.

btw. It's a ringtone on my mobile too I couldn't resist hearing the tunes when people called, especially those who I didn't want to answer too, I would just let it ring on an on

Edit: Did any demo group use the Ocean Loader by Martin Galway, 'cause I know it was converted/redone for the amiga as a Mod & SoundMon 2.0 file (maybe others too, I don't know) ???
Old 24 October 2008, 21:14   #42
Frog

Joyride / PHA (Calypso tune by Tip & Mantronix... and lot of others Tip& Mantronix tune)

some tunes from RSI Megademo 1 and Kefrens Megademo 8 are still in my mind...

oh another one came to my mind : Cebit 90 / RSI : Cream of the Earth

Quote:
Did any demo group use the Ocean Loader by Martin Galway, 'cause I know it was converted/redone for the amiga as a Mod & SoundMon 2.0 file (maybe others too, I don't know)
You can find Ocean Loader music into the excellent Martin Galway Music Show (MGMS) / RSI
Old 25 October 2008, 10:41   #43
mihcael
Zone Friend

I have made a list of the demo music (that i know of) from my Modp3 site....
http://modp3.mikendezign.com/index.php?special=demos all downloadable as mod or Mp3!!
Old 25 October 2008, 15:45   #44
DH
Global Moderator

@Frog & mihcael

Great stuff, Thanks
Old 06 November 2008, 09:34   #45
Paul_s

9 fingers/Desert Dream/World of Commodore 92 are always fresh in my mind
Old 06 November 2008, 14:23   #46
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Checked the complete thread, had to wait so much till first saw Desert dream, although it's a fundamental classic.
Other really good ones recently are in Smokebomb, Mental, Kilofix and Light II.
not to mention Enforcing the law.
Old 06 November 2008, 14:53   #47
skan
Dream Merchant

There's too many of them to mention...
But the best one for me is a not-so-demoish-tune-at-all: TBL's Darkside soundtrack!
Old 06 November 2008, 16:03   #48
blade002
Zone Friend

Ive been playing Amiga Tune Remixes in my Car and the music from Genetic Species..lol.. And i also had a stint of playing an MP3 from TBL's Ocean Machine and Starstruck. but there still are MANY demo tunes i would like to find in MP3 format.

And before anyone thinks i am crazy playing Amiga Inspired tunes in my Car, i will get you to ask yourself this question! "When was the last time you put the Radio on and actually liked what you heard!?". If i put the Radio on now, all i want to do is pull the main unit off the Car Stereo and throw it out the window at an Emo for whom wouldn't see it coming anyway, because one eye is always covered with hair!!.
Old 06 November 2008, 18:05   #49
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002 View Post
Ive been playing Amiga Tune Remixes in my Car and the music from Genetic Species..lol.. And i also had a stint of playing an MP3 from TBL's Ocean Machine and Starstruck. but there still are MANY demo tunes i would like to find in MP3 format.

And before anyone thinks i am crazy playing Amiga Inspired tunes in my Car ....
I was just in the process of doing just that, playing Amiga tunes in the car. I'm getting one of those MP3 gizmo's that you plug a 2/4/8Gb card full of MP3's into, then plug that into the Cigarette lighter socket 'n' then tune your radio into the required frequency. I would of done this on CD but the flipping radio has a cassette 'n' the wife wont let me swap it for a CD 'cause the separate built in dash display will cease to work.

btw. My wife thinks I'm crazy for listening to Amiga music but then she doesn't understand, she never owned a computer when she was younger, electronic gizmo's were definitely not her thing. It was Barbie dolls, Prams and shopper bikes all the way for her but then, I don't understand her either
Old 23 December 2008, 04:15   #50
alewis
Monochrome and 8 bit

Phenomena - Enigma
Sanity - Elysium
Red Sector Megademo
LSD - Jesus On E's

Others, but those are the ones that have stuck in my mind.
Old 23 December 2008, 11:11   #51
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
I was just in the process of doing just that, playing Amiga tunes in the car. I'm getting one of those MP3 gizmo's that you plug a 2/4/8Gb card full of MP3's into, then plug that into the Cigarette lighter socket 'n' then tune your radio into the required frequency. I would of done this on CD but the flipping radio has a cassette 'n' the wife wont let me swap it for a CD 'cause the separate built in dash display will cease to work.

btw. My wife thinks I'm crazy for listening to Amiga music but then she doesn't understand, she never owned a computer when she was younger, electronic gizmo's were definitely not her thing. It was Barbie dolls, Prams and shopper bikes all the way for her but then, I don't understand her either
file for divorce then marry me! We can cruise to Desert Dream
Old 23 December 2008, 16:11   #52
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Too many to list but when speaking of Amiga demo music two demos always come to my mind:

RED SECTOR MEGADEMO. Almost every tune is legendary good, especially the fantastic "The End" (Space) tune. Check the daXX remix from AmigaRemix!

DESERT DREAM. Probably the best A500 demo that have survived all these years and still looking effective. Soundtrack is a great combination of early 90's techno and the first part tune is a combination of ambient / classic synth sounds that brings my mind composer Kitaro.
Old 23 December 2008, 19:38   #53
OddbOd

Quartz - Project Techno --- I always liked this better than Jesus On E's, it's the same mixset format but with genuine rave classics and no damned novelty tunes!

Lemon - Groovy --- It's just so....Groovy :P

Scoopex - Plays 2 Unlimited --- The main tunes don't interest me that much despite being well mixed (better than Project A's effort at any rate) but the intro tune by Jaz is well nice.

Anthrox - Sploosh --- Mark Knight rules!

500 Things - I'm Jesus, I'm God, I'm Satan --- Pretty obscure NIN pastiche but when this came out it was a nice change from all the demotechnoshit tunes that were being churned out.
Old 07 October 2009, 05:43   #54
Mogilny

My favourites are the tunes in Mental Hangover, Elysium and Substance.
Old 08 October 2009, 10:24   #55
ismellicecream

Send a message via MSN to ismellicecream
I remember one that was probably on a coverdisc - if my failing memory is correct the coverdisc had the empire strikes back game on it, but I could be wrong. It was a rolling demo with an eagle and the music was sort of pan pipe-y.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Old 08 October 2009, 12:08   #56
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismellicecream View Post
I remember one that was probably on a coverdisc - if my failing memory is correct the coverdisc had the empire strikes back game on it, but I could be wrong. It was a rolling demo with an eagle and the music was sort of pan pipe-y.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Mental Hangover - Scoopex http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=1472
Old 08 October 2009, 12:20   #57
ismellicecream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Mental Hangover - Scoopex http://pouet.net/prod.php?which=1472
Thats not the one - Its cool though.

On the one I'm thinking of the eagle image was broken in a scanline effect and moving like its on waves or something.

Cheers.
Old 08 October 2009, 13:16   #58
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

This one maybe? Blittpain (Greetings to lazy Spivster ;P)
Old 08 October 2009, 15:58   #59
hitchhikr

Or this ?
Old 08 October 2009, 19:59   #60
ismellicecream

Thats it hitchhikr - cheers mate been looking for that for years - how do I hear it? I'm new to all this stuff, I've noticed a few have youtube links but that doesnt, just an exe to download.

Cheers for the suggestion StingRay.