English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 21 February 2022, 16:43   #41
Nightshft

Hi Tore and welcome to the forum!

Did you try today with the new version 1.30?
Because I invested quite some time to lower the score (it is false positive) and it should be much better now - as stated in the posts above.
I currently see a score of 5/69 on VT, and the Microsoft entry is green.
Is your Windows Defender up to date?
Also you could let it run in something like "Sandboxie" if you want.
Hope that helps.
Old 21 February 2022, 20:17   #42
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshft View Post
Hi Tore and welcome to the forum!

Did you try today with the new version 1.30?
Because I invested quite some time to lower the score (it is false positive) and it should be much better now - as stated in the posts above.
I currently see a score of 5/69 on VT, and the Microsoft entry is green.
Is your Windows Defender up to date?
Also you could let it run in something like "Sandboxie" if you want.
Hope that helps.
The new version solved it for me - neither Chrome nor Windows Defender are complaining, thanks again
Old 26 February 2022, 13:33   #43
ToreB

Thanks! I will try the new version as soon as possible.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 08 March 2022, 18:19   #44
chiark
Needs a life

Windows defender complaining about 1.30 here... Fully updated
Old 08 March 2022, 21:59   #45
Nightshft

Strange, I currently (right now) get a score of 1/62 on VirusTotal for the current Version 1.30 (check the .exe, not the .zip file) and that is the false positive from VBA32. Microsoft shows a green check.
Old 09 March 2022, 08:58   #46
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Maybe chiark has outdated Windows Defender definitions? 1.30 works fine on my lab PC, but I update daily.
Old 18 September 2022, 03:05   #47
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaduper View Post
Nice one, Avast anitvirus was deleting the executable when I tried to open EpromHexxer, so I had to turn off Avast when I wanted to use it, but 1.30 seems to have worked so well done

Edit**

Might aswell put this in this thread a guide I did on how to do a custom rom
I have had some TF1260 owners ask me how to put the ehide.device into a custom rom, so I have done a quick how to guide below for doing a custom 3.2 and 3.1 rom.

You will need to download Doobreys Remus and Romsplit and install it on your system, link below
http://www.doobreynet.co.uk/beta/

Download Epromhexxer here in this thread first post

1. Grab your 3.2 rom file from either your OS 3.2 disk or use `transrom` to grab it from your Amiga
2. Start Romsplit (Ver 1.29) and pick your grabbed 3.2 file and click extract, then save the extracted modules to a folder of your choice.
3. Start Remus, leave the default settings as they are, click on the `Rom Contents` tab then on the right window find and load the 3.2 modules you just saved.
4. using your mouse click and select all the modules and drag them all to the left Build window.
5. Now back to the right window and search for the ehide.device
6. Now drag the ehide.device into the left window, make sure you put it at the bottom of the Build list. (If doing a custom 3.1 rom, you must remove the Workbench.library so there is enough space for the ehide. device and put the Workbench.library into the Libs dir on the System drive otherwise it will not work).

7. Go to the top of the Remus window and in the first dropdown select `Compile`, it will say done in the Build window if successful.

8. So you now have a 512k custom rom, test it in Winuae to see it works. if yes then you are ready to process it for burning to two eproms
9. using a program like `Epromhexxer` or cartman you need to Spilt the file into two files so` Split Word` (wordwise) will then give you two 256k files (LO-HI), you then need to Concatenate both files, basically this means `Double` each file so it is 512k, so select each 256k file and concatenate it to 512k.

10. you now have two 512k files, so all you need to do now is `Byteswap` each file so they can be flashed onto two eproms and used in a real Amiga. ( in Epromhexxer use `Byteswap2` to do this )

** Note
This guide is for rom 3.2, if you are doing a custom 3.1 then `REMOVE` the Workbench.library from the build List, make sure that you then manually replace the Workbench.library back into Libs on the System disk otherwise it will not work

Download Workbench Library here:
http://www.amigaforever.com/classic/download/
Sorry Mangs! Resurrecting this Thread for the above instructions.

I have just finished playing around with creating my own custom ROMs.

Although Im great full for SuperDuper to add the above. I found it a struggle as there are bits missing in these instructions.

9. using a program like `Epromhexxer` or cartman you need to Spilt the file into two files so` Split Word` (wordwise) will then give you two 256k files (LO-HI), you then need to Concatenate both files, basically this means `Double` each file so it is 512k, so select each 256k file and concatenate it to 512k.

For this bit to work correctly the current version of Epromhexxer (v 1.30) appears to have a bug or could do with updating. Whatever I did to drag and drop the .Rom file across, then program wouldn’t have it. Only way was to drag over the .Rom file I created over the program icon. Ideally this needs a open “ROM” option In the program or to have the program whilst open allow drag and drop.

Also the Split Word part fails to mention you then save a “HI” and “LO” files. Then you end up closing Epromhexxer to then drag over the “HI” file created, then click on “Double” then save this over the original “HI” file and again repeat with the “Lo” file.

One thing I did notice when doing this was a “Checksum” error in both logs but the “Double” feature seems to work.

As for;

10. you now have two 512k files, so all you need to do now is `Byteswap` each file so they can be flashed onto two eproms and used in a real Amiga. ( in Epromhexxer use `Byteswap2` to do this )

This again I found was repeat and rinse of what I did with point 9. Open “HI” file, hit byteswap2 then save over existing file and again for “LO”.

I know this is freely made software. But any chance of a K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid) version of this software would be great

Don’t forget not everyone on here is a Amiga Brainiac and Computer Programmer

Thanks for the great work.
Old 26 September 2022, 00:48   #48
xArtx

Good idea. I thought it would come with EEPROM programming sw as stock, but who knows.
I remember writing specific GUI-less software just to do this a couple of times!
Old 04 October 2022, 14:31   #49
Nightshft

Version 1.31 released

- added an Open Button, as by request of Leon Besson
- the program now also recognizes a correkt Kick Checksum when the buffer is byteswapped
- small internal improvements

As always the download link is in the first post. Enjoy.
Old 04 October 2022, 14:40   #50
Nightshft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Besson View Post

Also the Split Word part fails to mention you then save a “HI” and “LO” files. Then you end up closing Epromhexxer to then drag over the “HI” file created, then click on “Double” then save this over the original “HI” file and again repeat with the “Lo” file.

One thing I did notice when doing this was a “Checksum” error in both logs but the “Double” feature seems to work.

As for;

This again I found was repeat and rinse of what I did with point 9. Open “HI” file, hit byteswap2 then save over existing file and again for “LO”.

I think you can also just
- double the file
- byteswap it
- before saving/splitting it.

That's easier and in theory should work if I'm not missing something - as the order of those steps should not matter.
Old 04 October 2022, 19:56   #51
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
I think you can also just
- double the file
- byteswap it
- before saving/splitting it.

That's easier and in theory should work if I'm not missing something - as the order of those steps should not matter.
Thanks Nightshift Appreciate the work and what you have done

When I get some time, will try it out
Old 21 February 2023, 16:06   #52
NuClear235

Quote:
Version 1.31 released

- added an Open Button, as by request of Leon Besson
- the program now also recognizes a correkt Kick Checksum when the buffer is byteswapped
- small internal improvements

As always the download link is in the first post. Enjoy.
Hello,
Couldnt You please add function EXCHANGE?
Like You have HALF and DOUBLE.
I need exchange complete low half of eprom with upper half of eprom.
Old 23 February 2023, 15:18   #53
Nightshft

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuClear235 View Post
Hello,
Couldnt You please add function EXCHANGE?
Like You have HALF and DOUBLE.
I need exchange complete low half of eprom with upper half of eprom.
Should be no problem. Is on the Todo list.
Old 20 May 2024, 15:20   #54
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
If the only eproms I have are 27C800, do I just burn 512k into bank 0 and then again into bank 1?

I will be using an TL866II Plus with an adapter.
Old 20 May 2024, 16:21   #55
Jope
-

Yes.
Old 20 May 2024, 18:02   #56
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Yes.
Excellent!

This tool is brilliant! no messing around, it just works