English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 06 May 2016, 05:04   #41
Anubis
Retro Gamer

You have minimum and maximum CPU rates, just make sure it is set for both 100% (or very close) when on AC.

When I was testing this, only older computers did not have this issues with JIT.

Last edited by Anubis; 06 May 2016 at 15:54.
Old 06 May 2016, 08:10   #42
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Nothing is guaranteed in "power saver" mode but setting low frequency high only makes useless heat..

Find some (overclocking) utility that shows CPU frequency in realtime to see what actually happens.
Old 06 May 2016, 15:56   #43
Anubis
Retro Gamer

The real question would be how JIT settings hits power setting mode on CPU.
Old 06 May 2016, 17:48   #44
Leandro Jardim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
You have minimum and maximum CPU rates, just make sure it is set for both 100% (or very close) when on AC.

When I was testing this, only older computers did not have this issues with JIT.
This is what I have done before: set AC power minimum/maximum CPU rate to 100/100 and battery power min/max CPU rate to 30/100. It doesnt works. All other applications and emulators I use works accordingly to the advanced power settings configuration that I put there and work well, only WinUAE that not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Nothing is guaranteed in "power saver" mode but setting low frequency high only makes useless heat..

Find some (overclocking) utility that shows CPU frequency in realtime to see what actually happens.
Yes, it's because of that which I have set battery power minimum CPU rate to 100% and after that to 30%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
The real question would be how JIT settings hits power setting mode on CPU.
Yes good point, this is exactly where I would like to did reached before: why releases after WinUAE 2.9.0b25+ affects the power settings of the CPU, when b24- does not!

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 06 May 2016 at 18:35.
Old 09 May 2016, 15:36   #45
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I'd still like to see some real time CPU frequency information because power saving can work (and has been reported previously to work) really strangely when CPU usage is very irregular (lots of CPU usage then short waits etc..) and to confirm CPU isn't throttling.

One possible reason for this change may be compiler update but I don't remember any details. (Perhaps it changed how some newer CPU instructions are used or something like that)
Old 09 May 2016, 15:47   #46
Anubis
Retro Gamer

What would be a good tool to get you CPU data recorded with??
Old 24 May 2016, 04:31   #47
Leandro Jardim

A strange but good thing happened, I formatted my notebook and installed Windows 10 from scratch and now WinUAE is working fastly again. I think it should be a graphics driver problem, because all other Windows apps are running at the same speed as usual.

Thanks for the replies and sorry everyone for the time spent on a useless problem, unless of course if my notebook get back with that problem again. Sorry also mainly for jdog, which I interrupted his conversation with Toni.

But I also want to "talk" with Toni, I have an old "problem" with WinUAE that is coming back and I dont know why, is the a2065 emulation which cant connect to nowhere when I enable JIT. I only ask that you, Toni, analyze the logs that WinUAE generated, to see if there is some problem with WinUAE or with my configuration. The logs were generated by WinUAE 3.3.0b14 (official) with the "-a2065log2" parameter. And the problem disappears when I disable JIT.

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 15 January 2017 at 17:59.
Old 24 May 2016, 17:31   #48
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
A strange but good thing happened, I formatted my notebook and installed Windows 10 from scratch and now WinUAE is working fastly again. I think it should be a graphics driver problem, because all other Windows apps are running at the same speed as usual.

Thanks for the replies and sorry everyone for the time spent on a useless problem, unless of course if my notebook get back with that problem again. Sorry also mainly for jdog, which I interrupted his conversation with Toni.
Reinstall. Or at least "buy a new PC" always work!

Quote:
But I also want to "talk" with Toni, I have an old "problem" with WinUAE that is coming back and I dont know why, is the a2065 emulation which cant connect to nowhere when I enable JIT. I only ask that you, Toni, analyze the logs that WinUAE generated, to see if there is some problem with WinUAE or with my configuration. The logs were generated by WinUAE 3.3.0b14 (official) with the "-a2065log2" parameter. And the problem disappears when I disable JIT.
As I said (somewhere), it is "new" JIT problem -> nothing happens until Frode (or someone else who knows how it works) fixes it