English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 04 March 2012, 23:54   #41
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, yes, metal slug and Tetris. I was going to put Scramble, Strafe Bomb looked the same. Yes, better Scramble. I will edit my list.

EDIT: Of course counting on that you'll put more than in our lists. They are just to remember the essentials.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 00:00.
Old 04 March 2012, 23:57   #42
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

Most of those games listed are common and famous for arcade gaming so provided they work im gonna get to them and they will be added.....

Its unknown games and awful ones that wont end up on the list....for instance when was the last time you played "Dogpatch" in black and white ?

Wont really rock the arcade world if thats missing will it
Old 05 March 2012, 00:15   #43
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

In your place I woudn't put "All the playable games". No. You have to put only (more or less) the best ones. In the way you make your launchers it would be a time consuming to search between 200 games changing between screens and so for Zaxxon, for example. You have to think in a reasonable amount and select between them (IMHO). Edit: Forget all this that I'm saying.

OK, if you change the way it searchs for them pressing the first letter of it's name, then you can put them all (and would be better). EDIT: Sorry, I forgot your quick find option, although it wasn't working.

EDIT: How can I try Tron if your demo only has games till C....?

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 01:05.
Old 05 March 2012, 00:39   #44
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

ye that sounds reasonable....its still gonna be a good few hundred games

No you mis understood i mean the music from the menu....you can have the music playing whilst your browsing by clicking the music button on the lower left ..its the tron theme from the arcade scene in tron legacy.....it automaticly stops when you click a game....dunno if you noticed thats all

Also...you did notice the quick find menu on the top right didnt you? you dont have to browse the whole lot to find a game
Old 05 March 2012, 00:55   #45
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, then you have it all (when it will work). The music sounds great. I thought it was on when starting (woudn't it be better?). Sorry, I forgot it, but the quick find menu doesn't work. It's fixed in 1941. Later after having tried both options it taked me a while to Exit, as it wasn't working (finally did).

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 01:03.
Old 05 March 2012, 01:41   #46
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

hmm so the quickfind menu and exit does not work...and your using win7 64bit ?
im wondering whether its that cuz Msantos had the same problem...I cant try it i have nothing here running 64bit...

Could be a non starter this one if it wont work on that...Assuming all the other lauchers worked fine it could be the mame im using...Is there a specific 64bit version ?
Old 05 March 2012, 01:52   #47
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Nope, I can use MAME without problems. No 64 version.. Exit isn't the biggest problem: it works after some clickings (Edit: just clicking again in the quick finder). The quick finder is the problem. Sure it's working in other OS's?

EDIT: Sorry I hadn't tried the quick finder in other lauchers. It doesn't work either in the SNES one. -Going to try in others- Edit: It works in the C64 one and in the Amiga too. The exit button goes faster in both too. I think it's related to the quick finder option.

EDIT: I've tried it in XP and the quick finder doesn't work either.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 14:43.
Old 05 March 2012, 20:27   #48
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

i just replaced the version you downloaded....wanna try again ?

There is actually a mame version for 64bit its " Mame0145b_64bit.exe" found it on thier website but if the usual works fine i cant quite work out why they made a specific ??

Any Ideas

Its strange why its a problem......This end so far its worked on everything...Weird !!
Wish a few more peeps would try it so i can filter the problem
Old 05 March 2012, 21:01   #49
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
i just replaced the version you downloaded....wanna try again ?

There is actually a mame version for 64bit its " Mame0145b_64bit.exe" found it on thier website but if the usual works fine i cant quite work out why they made a specific ??

Any Ideas

Its strange why its a problem......This end so far its worked on everything...Weird !!
Wish a few more peeps would try it so i can filter the problem
In Romnation there isn't a 64 version as far as I see http://www.romnation.net/srv/emulators/mame.html, if it were necessary it would be there. But remember that the quick find doesn't work in my Windows XP and it doesn't work in the SNES one either.

Yes I want to try the new version. Link? (I thought you had changed the link you gave yesterday, but the post isn't edited).

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 21:46.
Old 05 March 2012, 22:24   #50
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

no the links the same as yesterday ....just delete the other and try the new one....i just updated my software to see if it solves any of your issues
Old 05 March 2012, 22:45   #51
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
no the links the same as yesterday ....just delete the other and try the new one....i just updated my software to see if it solves any of your issues

I have just downloaded from that link again and the quick finder wasn't working either. Can't you just copy the part of the quick finder from your Commodore or Amiga launcher?

Quick finder makes the following: Clicking on it doesn't show any list. With the scroll wheel it doesn't move. With the keyboard arrows it shows the following game, but then just change to the games screen where it is.

Last edited by Retrofan; 05 March 2012 at 23:10.
Old 06 March 2012, 00:34   #52
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

It wont make a difference i use the same template to make them all i just re-create a new backgrounds then edit everything to move it about.....the only real difference is the c64 version is so small ( about 38meg ) compared to the others at 200 meg and above

I have tried it today on a windows 7 64bit worked like a charm and even on an old XP ( that responded even faster ) so far the only problem i have found is i cant get it NOT to work ?

Best thing i can do is put them on hold for now and await further comments
Old 06 March 2012, 00:45   #53
msantos

i don't understand too... i work with win7 64 bits. all your launchers and c64 exe games. works fine in my pc, but only the arcade launcher not work. i don't know the reason...
if you are interested, i have arcade games in exe format. like your c64 exe games. if you want i can send to you some games for testing. please send me MP if you want. thanks for your work!!!
Old 06 March 2012, 01:10   #54
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by msantos View Post
i don't understand too... i work with win7 64 bits. all your launchers and c64 exe games. works fine in my pc, but only the arcade launcher not work. i don't know the reason...
if you are interested, i have arcade games in exe format. like your c64 exe games. if you want i can send to you some games for testing. please send me MP if you want. thanks for your work!!!
msantos does the quick finder works to you in the Snes launcher?

EDIT: Going to try it in Windows 7 32 bits.

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 March 2012 at 01:18.
Old 06 March 2012, 01:17   #55
msantos

snes launcher works fine..
Old 06 March 2012, 01:36   #56
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

In windows 7 32 bits quick finder works. Can it be the resolution? Edit Nope

msantos you say the quick finder works there?

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 March 2012 at 01:45.
Old 06 March 2012, 03:34   #57
msantos

yes...
----------------
si amigo, me funciona perfecto...solo tengo los problemas en el arcade launcher que no lanza los juegos. los demas launchers van geniales.
Old 06 March 2012, 17:50   #58
synchro
Sending You Back In Time

ok what pc's are you guys using.....all mine have been unbranded pc's......are you using Dells...HP or anything like that ?? with thier own windows versions ?

Just a thought
Old 06 March 2012, 18:33   #59
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I have no idea what the problem is. My laptop hp with Windows 7 32 bits works. My laptop (for free) Advent with Windows XP doesn't, and my own C64x has an Asus motherboard and Windows 7 64 bits and doesn't work.
In all of them I installed their OS's.

I've tried with the options in Windows 7 to solve compatibility problems, and nothing. I've tried changing resolution, java version, installing it again, disabling Avast. Nothing.

I don't understand why the C64 and Amiga launchers work and SNES and MAME don't. Even more extrange that SNES works in other Windows 7 64 to msantos.

Really somebody else has to try and tell about Windows 7 64 and MAME or SNES and the quick finder option to select games.

Edit: And why it doesn't work (to me) in XP?

Last edited by Retrofan; 06 March 2012 at 18:41.
Old 06 March 2012, 20:46   #60
msantos

my testing:

c64 launcher, c64 exes, c64 vision, snes launcher - works perfect with pc win7 64bits

arcade launcher - all menus works but if you launch the games...nothing charge...