English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 November 2010, 15:41   #561
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by deicidal View Post
I do wonder how many will be bought and then stuck on a shelf until all the stock is sold so they can then farm them off for stupid money on ebay
Yeah, I believe some people will buy some to resell them later like tickets for a great match.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 November 2010 at 16:04.
Old 17 November 2010, 16:43   #562
Amigaman

I would hate to see people bulk buying without reason. If you have several A1200s or A600s then fair enough, but buying just to sit on is unfair to others who want one. Fair purchase policy should rule.

If you are going to do that, then at least don't do it immediatly. Let those guys who can't get the money together quickly have a chance to buy these fantastic looking cards before you buy them all up.
Old 17 November 2010, 17:31   #563
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Well, don't be so enthusiastic...

OFC there are people who will buy these boards on the spot (me included - cause I always try to support the people behind all this great things) but reality showed that Amiga people always scream for things while they are not available, and when they're available, they want something different (I think we had some convo with Jens at some point about that via email).

Anyway, I just hope that Jens hard work and budget into building such stuff in 2010 will be paid off and won't be sitting on AmigaKit's or Vesalia's storage for long
If people correspond to this, then new batches will be made along with maybe new product lines (like for example the Indivision AGA ones that was a great success )
Old 17 November 2010, 17:38   #564
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

at the moment I am

100% sure I am going to get a DENEB this year
99% sure I am going to get an Indivision AGA (mk2) when its released
100% sure of getting the Indivision ECS in the next 6 months
50/50 on the ACA630 - pending youtube doom performance

now that might not sound all that in terms of definate - but considering I rarely rarely rarely buy amiga stuff new - the above is a bit of a revalation for me.

Last edited by Zetr0; 17 November 2010 at 18:11.
Old 17 November 2010, 17:52   #565
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'll buy 110% sure the Indivision and the ACA1230/56. Perhaps I'm one of the guys always screaming for things while they are not available...
Old 17 November 2010, 18:26   #566
Amigaman

I simply meant the people who buy up stuff for the express purpose of selling it again at a profit. This just is unfair on those people who need a bit of time to make their purchase, for whatever reason, and want to enjoy their purchase. Just give them a chance first is all.

I wish Jens, Amigakit, Veselia and whoever else a good run with sales of course. I want ot see them around for a long time.

I have already made a purchase, but now will have to wait till after Xmas for buying the ACA630. Hate to see that sell out before I can afford to get one.
Old 17 November 2010, 18:40   #567
ian-uk

Pre-ordered my ACA 630 with Veselia, can't wait for it to ship. Will finally be able to make use of the OS 3.9 cd I have laying around somewhere.

Old 17 November 2010, 18:53   #568
desiv

This product just seems to hit my personal hobby price point about right.
It's at the top of the (a bit above really) "this is what I can justify spending on something for my Amiga" budget. But, even tho it's a bit over, it's close and has more memory that I would have imagined getting, so it's worth a stretch.

I would like an Indivision AGA, but that's a higher price point. I'm not saying it's not worth it, it's an incredible piece of hardware, but I just don't see myself stretching that high for one piece of my hobby. At least not in one shot.

But I think that's a reason that Jen's won't have any trouble selling the ACA1230/28s. The price point is low enough that I think they will fly to all the cheapo's like me. ;-)

The Indivisions and 1230/56's might sit for a bit on the shelves. Not because they won't eventually sell out, but because at the higher price point, it's less of an impulse buy..

desiv

(fingers crossed that my wife got the hint when I e-mailed her the link and mentioned Christmas.. ;-) )
Old 17 November 2010, 18:55   #569
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
so you not like the EAB amigakit discount then ian ??? hehehehheheh better late than never hey
Old 17 November 2010, 19:03   #570
Peter
Still an Amiga user

What is the correct eab discount code to use?
Old 17 November 2010, 19:17   #571
tin

LOL don't say there really is one!
Old 17 November 2010, 19:36   #572
amigakit.com

@Ian-UK

You ordered it from Germany instead of a few miles down the M4 (Cardiff) ? Must be due to the infamous Cardiff-Swansea rivalry I hear about :-D
Old 17 November 2010, 19:45   #573
DonAmiga

Are you taking orders for this ACA-630,,,now

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
@Ian-UK

You ordered it from Germany instead of a few miles down the M4 (Cardiff) ? Must be due to the infamous Cardiff-Swansea rivalry I hear about :-D
Old 17 November 2010, 20:09   #574
amigakit.com

We have the ACA-630/25 Stealth Accelerator listed on our website here with a detailed description, price etc.

We are awaiting the green light from Individual Computers to start pre-ordering. We didn't want to open pre-ordering too early until firm delivery date has been confirmed. We will of course receive stock in the same week as other resellers.

We will also launch fitting service for the A600 accelerator on release for customers who have purchased the card from us and want it secured to their A600 motherboard.

Last edited by amigakit.com; 17 November 2010 at 20:58.
Old 17 November 2010, 21:10   #575
DonAmiga

Thanks,, will keep a daily check-up

Quote:
We have the ACA-630/25 Stealth Accelerator listed on our website here with a detailed description, price etc.

We are awaiting the green light from Individual Computers to start pre-ordering. We didn't want to open pre-ordering too early until firm delivery date has been confirmed. We will of course receive stock in the same week as other resellers.

We will also launch fitting service for the A600 accelerator on release for customers who have purchased the card from us and want it secured to their A600 motherboard.
Old 17 November 2010, 21:13   #576
ian-uk

@ amigakit
Nothing personal (I'm not a jack fan), Working away at sea for next month and half, Just worried that when got back would be sold out and missed the boat so to speak.
Planning to get the Indivision ECS when i get back will definitely order that from you.

Old 17 November 2010, 21:18   #577
Photon

Quote:
Sounds like a good plan. Could you give us a hint as to the timeframe from greenlight to delivery date? 2 weeks, 6 weeks, 4 months? Just a rough guide. Guess there's no hope of getting one for Xmas holidays..?
Old 17 November 2010, 21:27   #578
amigakit.com

@Ian-UK

I know, I was only joking ;-)

However, too late now as you have already ordered, but in retrospect, we would have reserved a card for you to match your circumstances whilst you were away from home. If you need this service in future on other products/orders, please just call us or send a quick email. Hopefully this will save you postage costs, GBP/EUR conversion charges and local after sales product/warranty support.

@Photon
ACA-630/25 Stealth Accelerator should be open very shortly for pre-ordering within the next week. Hope this helps!

Last edited by amigakit.com; 17 November 2010 at 21:33.
Old 17 November 2010, 21:49   #579
amigakit.com

@Peter

I dont know if you have noticed, but you now get a AmigaKit Customer Loyalty Bonus on every order you place. Login to your account to see your personal percentage discount. This will automatically be applied to every order at the end of Checkout.

Many of our regular customers are now automatically receiving AmigaKit Customer Loyalty Bonus as a thank you for ordering from us.

@Photon
I think you are probably eligible as well and it is enabled on your account
Old 17 November 2010, 21:59   #580
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Hi - I did notice that, thanks... so, just to confirm - there is no need to add any kind of code when placing orders - right?

Thanks for introducing the loyalty bonus BTW...